The Student Room Group

I was bullied and abused in childhood. Ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I was abused by my parents.
what ethnicity are you and did/do you have a religion?
Original post by Juichiro

wtf? Making OP remember his suffering is not good.

TSR -_-

it's an ask me ANYTHING(within reason) obviously you're gonna get questions like this. Im sure that in bringing this topic up in the first place, the op knows that .
Original post by flyingpanda
Dw, we're all here for you. I hope you have been able to look past it and it hasn't caused you too many troubles in your daily life.

Spoiler

But anyway my question is are you at a happy point in your life now? :h:

Thank you. Unfortunately it has caused a lot of issues for me in my current life.

But anyway my question is are you at a happy point in your life now?
Yes and no. I'm working hard to go against all odd and overcome adversity, and I really want to better myself. I am changing and my life is changing, and I am accomplishing great things. I have had to get help by having counselling (I had CBT but that didn't work). But I still have issues in my current life with (sort of) stem from my past, and I am not any better mentally, and I still feel extremely hurt, upset, bitter and resentful.
Did you ever 'fight back' in any way? Not just physically.
Original post by Little Popcorns
what ethnicity are you and did/do you have a religion?

For personal reasons I will not disclose my ethnicity but I am Black.

I was raised a Christian but I am not a practising Christian anymore.
Original post by Mactotaur
Did you ever 'fight back' in any way? Not just physically.

Yes I did, many times. Unfortunately, standing up for myself made me more of a 'target' at school and at home.
Trying to digress, what is your favourite season?
Reply 27
Ask me anything, but within reason.

Why did you let them? What are you going to do about it?
Ask me anything, but within reason.

If you need someone to talk to, my inbox is open. I know about this kind of stuff and am always here if you need anything.
Original post by Gaya Ramanathan
If you need someone to talk to, my inbox is open. I know about this kind of stuff and am always here if you need anything.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by xylas
Why did you let them? What are you going to do about it?

Let them?

I was a child. I'm not responsible for the actions of the adults who should have protected me and supported.

I'm not responsible for the actions of perpetrators. I didn't deserve to get hurt. I didn't ask to get hurt. I deserved to be treated better, yet I wasn't.
Reply 31
How do you keep going?
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Trying to digress, what is your favourite season?

Summer.
Original post by _bob_
How do you keep going?

I take life day by day, and I am working hard to improve my life. Also, I am a very strong person who's managed to survive adversities, but I'd rather live than survive.

I am also trying to figure out better coping mechanisms. I've been in therapy but I'd like to try writing down my feeling as well, and surrounding myself with positivity.
Reply 34
Let them?

I was a child. I'm not responsible for the actions of the adults who should have protected me and supported.

I'm not responsible for the actions of perpetrators. I didn't deserve to get hurt. I didn't ask to get hurt. I deserved to be treated better, yet I wasn't.

I empathise with you. No-one deserves anything. Everyone abuses everyone.

What are you going to do about it?
Original post by Andy98
It's an AMA, that was the first question that popped in my head

Not trying to be mean, but you do always type the first thing that pops in your head?
Original post by Banana208
it's an ask me ANYTHING(within reason) obviously you're gonna get questions like this. Im sure that in bringing this topic up in the first place, the op knows that .

I think you said it yourself. Within reason. Asking someone to remember in detail her abuse is not good and probably not even appropriate for TSR's audience. Again, reason. :smile:
Original post by xylas
I empathise with you. No-one deserves anything. Everyone abuses everyone.

What are you going to do about it?

That's a load of BS.
Reply 38
That's a load of BS.

Ok. Keep acting as the victim them.
Reply 39
Original post by xylas
Looks like you got what you deserved. Is that what you said to your Mummy and Daddy?

How insensitive.

Quick Reply