The Student Room Group

Most Satisfying Game-ending ever?

SPOILERS AHEAD: (Big MGS spoilers from me so look-away if you don't want that spoiled!)

But as someone has done a thread on the most disappointing endings i thought i would post a thread on the most satisfying game-endings ever.

You're free to talk about any game.

I'll start with Metal Gear Solid; Snake Eater. The game i largely consider to be the best in the franchise.

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

white album 2 touma route true ending

always made me cry like a child.

anyone got a chance to play it?
Uncharted 4: A Thieves End :h:
Reply 4
Mass effect 2 (the suicide mission)
Final fantasy VII: Crisis Core (r.i.p zack)
Bioshock infinite (I like confusing twists)
Kingdom Hearts 2 (Most closure in the series)

Sorry can't choose one
The 'Good' and 'Evil' endings to Infamous Second Son.
Monopoly, but only when I win.

Jak II was pretty good.
Dark Souls. It was my first souls game; there's a massive feeling of reward at the end and then the really nice operatic credits music plays. I remember beating the game for the first time, I jumped up and was screaming in excitement. It still gives me chills thinking about it.

Portal 2 - It ends with a very satisfying final boss fight and that end credits theme is so good.

Mirror's edge, for that ending song.
[video="youtube;SUXyoyuJZ8Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUXyoyuJZ8Y[/video]

Also MW2/MW3 endings are pretty satisfying.

Spoiler

Reply 8
Our KH worship brings us together again
Couldn't have put it better myself btw
(edited 7 years ago)
It's out?! I'll buy it as soon as the exams are over. I really can't wait to play it.

Also, what do you think is better, still alive or Want you gone?
I just watched some gameplay, it looks really good. I just hope there are some more tricky, puzzle type areas.They ditched the style of art from the previous games didn't they? I dunno how I feel about that, because that's one aspect of the first game I liked.

Have you played remember me? It's not really like mirror's edge, but the setting reminds me of it.
Solitaire. When the cards all jump off and make pretty patterns.
I thought it was a reboot, but as it's called Mirror's edge catalyst, I imagine it would take place before the events of the first game.

I got remember me with PS+, I got close to the end, but haven't finishe it yet either; I heard quite a while ago that there would be a sequel, but that was put on hiatus because of life is strange, which is probably worth it as life is strange is amazing. And to keep on the topic of this thread, remember me's main menu theme is pretty good too.

[video="youtube;Ygrj56arKLY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygrj56arKLY[/video]
The endgame to black ops 1 was cool. Except for when the whole US Navy come for no reason.

MW3 had a decent ending too.

But tbh, it has to be sonic the hedgehog on the Sega Megadrive/genesis. I played that game for years as a child and when I did beat it, it was such a bittersweet moment for new. (no save files in those days)
Original post by NotNotBatman
I thought it was a reboot, but as it's called Mirror's edge catalyst, I imagine it would take place before the events of the first game.

I got remember me with PS+, I got close to the end, but haven't finishe it yet either; I heard quite a while ago that there would be a sequel, but that was put on hiatus because of life is strange, which is probably worth it as life is strange is amazing. And to keep on the topic of this thread, remember me's main menu theme is pretty good too.

[video="youtube;Ygrj56arKLY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygrj56arKLY[/video]

Mirrors edge catalyst beta came out and had the beginning if the game, so you can see a gameplay on YouTube and find out if it's a prequel or reboot
Portal 2 ending - seriously it was so good
Halo Reach - The last objective: "Survive" tragic ending, brilliant game coupled with an amazing soundtrack
Assassin's creed 2 fist-fighting the pope haha
Mass Effect 2 because you spend so much time building relationships with your team through those personal missions and then some of them die
Bioshock Infinite ending because I genuinely wasn't expecting it
Walking Dead Telltale season 1 - "Keep that hair short" :frown:
I heard To the Moon is good but haven't played it yet
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by longshot100
Mirrors edge catalyst beta came out and had the beginning if the game, so you can see a gameplay on YouTube and find out if it's a prequel or reboot

Yeah, I watched some, but skipped most of the cutscenes, I'll probably just wait until I can play it.

Spoiler

The ending for Skyrim is satisfying namely because there is no ending. :smile: Hurrah for mods!
Honestly, I think the "endings" to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games were fantastic, even if they did make me cry. I used to love those games.
Reply 19
The Black Ops campaign where you have a Fight Club moment and realise you never had Reznov (was it him, can't remember) with you, it was all your own doing.

Quick Reply

Latest