The Student Room Group

Friendship In Islam advice x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Any evidence from the Quran or hadith?

I personally see no harm

Yes there's plenty. Doesn't matter if there's no harm. Allah and Muhammad (pbuh) said so. Do you not submit to their authority and intellect? Or are you arrogant to think you are superior to them? Their reasoning is beyond our comprehension.

Original post by AshEntropy
Why?

It might lead to haram such as BF GF, even without this, Allah and Muhammad (pbuh) said so, okay.
Yes there's plenty. Doesn't matter if there's no harm. Allah and Muhammad (pbuh) said so. Do you not submit to their authority and intellect? Or are you arrogant to think you are superior to them? Their reasoning is beyond our comprehension.

It might lead to haram such as BF GF, even without this, Allah and Muhammad (pbuh) said so, okay.

Give Me Evidence X

I'm not superior, you wouldn't get that thought if you knew the status of Allah and the prophets. 😊
Reply 22
Why?

Free mixing is not allowed since they are non mahrams.
And these rulings are implemented in the first place to prevent one thing leading to another. Key word being 'prevent'.
Any evidence from the Quran or hadith?

I personally see no harm

It's not explicitly stated there, it's scholarly opinion.
But you won't find any hadith or Quranic ayah where a Prophet or any companion had 'female friends' or vice versa.
I'd advise you to watch Nouman Ali Khan's videos on YouTube on this, I posted one on ISOC just yesterday actually, check it out.

Lol you ask for Islamic advice then give your own opinion. If you want to reject Islamic ruling then why did you make this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Free mixing is not allowed since they are non mahrams.
And these rulings are implemented in the first place to prevent one thing leading to another. Key word being 'prevent'.

But you won't find any hadith or Quranic ayah where a Prophet or any companion had 'female friends' or vice versa.
I'd advise you to watch Nouman Ali Khan's videos on YouTube on this, I posted one on ISOC just yesterday actually, check it out.

Lol you ask for Islamic advice then give your own opinion. If you want to reject Islamic ruling then why did you make this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right , but can you help guys out with work? Or have a casual conversation?

I'm not rejecting islamic ruling, but it says to only really believe the Quran and the Hadith , no.?
Reply 24
Right , but can you help guys out with work? Or have a casual conversation?

I'm not rejecting islamic ruling, but it says to only really believe the Quran and the Hadith , no.?

Yeah with work it's fine, but there's etiquettes and strict ruling on how to converse with them.

Well yes, but sometimes we may need to expand on some things since there are many things which are not written word for word in Quran and the sunnah which is why we have the ulama to clear any misconceptions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by HAnwar
No. It's not permitted for a Muslim woman or Muslim man to have friends of the opposite gender.

This
I think I'm gonna puke
Reply 27
What kind of **** is this where you cant have mates of the opposote gender
Original post by HAnwar
Yeah with work it's fine, but there's etiquettes and strict ruling on how to converse with them.

Well yes, but sometimes we may need to expand on some things since there are many things which are not written word for word in Quran and the sunnah which is why we have the ulama to clear any misconceptions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you tell me the etiquette about talking to the opposite gender?

And can you keep in touch through texting or Facebook?😊😊
Original post by samina_ay
I think I'm gonna puke

don't be so dramatic..

I'm pretty sure(despite me having many male friends) it's not permitted or it's at least not advised to because it does stop you getting into situations that can become quite complicated. Also, not being friends doesn't stoop you from being civil and modest.That in Islam is required.
And for whoever's saying don't listen to Islam or whatever, you're saying your opinion in a society that is free mixing so it's hard for you to comprehend how it works without it.. In many other cultures that follow the whole 'no getting too close to the other gender' and they have no problem with it.
Not sure I made sense but you get the idea. (Why make the thread if you're just going to critic the answers? You asked..)
Reply 30
Original post by james1221212
seems fine to me as long as they arent black

:s-smilie: :curious:
Original post by Banana208
don't be so dramatic..

I'm pretty sure(despite me having many male friends) it's not permitted or it's at least not advised to because it does stop you getting into situations that can become quite complicated. Also, not being friends doesn't stoop you from being civil and modest.That in Islam is required.
And for whoever's saying don't listen to Islam or whatever, you're saying your opinion in a society that is free mixing so it's hard for you to comprehend how it works without it.. In many other cultures that follow the whole 'no getting too close to the other gender' and they have no problem with it.
Not sure I made sense but you get the idea. (Why make the thread if you're just going to critic the answers? You asked..)

Assuming you're from Britain. We live in the same society.
So what you're essentially saying is, you're happy to isolate and refuse to integrate within society. Pretty unproductive if you ask me.

Pretty weak argument to be honest.
Surely, if you were that close to the deen you would have enough willpower to resist anything occurring and you would be able to self prevent yourself. Rather than isolating yourself with ~50% of the country.
Reply 32
I think that you should be able to make friends with anybody you want to, because surely the "religion of peace" would promote friendship with everyone! ^^

I'm sure Allah won't mind if you have friends who aren't muslim or the same gender as you.

Foreal.
Reply 34
Original post by Milzime
I'm sure Allah won't mind if you have friends who aren't muslim or the same gender as you.

Foreal.

^
Having friends is a nice thing :smile:
^
Having friends is a nice thing :smile:

^
Ash knows
Lmao.

Tfw can't have friends of opposite gender because of religion. Bit sad, really.
Original post by HAnwar

There we go then.
Original post by Cobalt_
Assuming you're from Britain. We live in the same society.
So what you're essentially saying is, you're happy to isolate and refuse to integrate within society. Pretty unproductive if you ask me.

Pretty weak argument to be honest.
Surely, if you were that close to the deen you would have enough willpower to resist anything occurring and you would be able to self prevent yourself. Rather than isolating yourself with ~50% of the country.

I'm not that religious myself( although I'm on my way in trying to change that.) they asked whether or not it was permissible. The answer I think technically is no. But I did say at the beginning that I myself have many male friends- I'm in-differential about it, I could go without being close to lots of guys but in the past I chose not to.
Plus it's advised- not entrenched.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
ok kids lets just establish something

friends with opposite gender is absolutely fine shall i tell u why- because u dont have intentions to make out with your friends do u- if u do they're not you're friends anymore ur trying to turn them into you're boyf or gf and yeah thats not allowed till after marriage

friends are fine as long as they stay as friends but i think certain ppl on this thread dont have a good idea of what the what friend means

Quick Reply

Latest