The Student Room Group

Why does my uterus hurt but no period comes?

This makes it sound like the monsoon rains lol but it is getting annoying now :redface:
My uterus hurts a lot (sorry mods if you can tell who this is :redface:) and it feels like im on my period, it doesn't cramp but like that bloated soreness and tenderness you get when you are on but no period. I really dont understand what is going on? :s-smilie:
Reply 1
I think you should go see a doctor :c
r u preggers g?
Reply 3
Islam.
Reply 4
Original post by AshEntropy
I think you should go see a doctor :c

Yeh tbh that is on my list of things that need doing so I will :redface:

Original post by EbolaChrist12
r u preggers g?

Nah fam not about them bois ygm blud :haughty:

Original post by offhegoes
Islam.

Top answer :gthumb:
Original post by Anonymous
This makes it sound like the monsoon rains lol but it is getting annoying now :redface:
My uterus hurts a lot (sorry mods if you can tell who this is :redface:) and it feels like im on my period, it doesn't cramp but like that bloated soreness and tenderness you get when you are on but no period. I really dont understand what is going on? :s-smilie:

I get no pain before, during or even after period thank Allah. I wish I could help but I am no help here.
Reply 6
I get no pain before, during or even after period thank Allah. I wish I could help but I am no help here.

Well thanks for commenting :redface: although i don't think Allah has much to do with my particular periods but i respect whatever you want to believe :smile:
Original post by offhegoes
Islam.

Religion of peace. :biggrin:

OP you might be going through something I do, ovulation pain, essentially pain you get in the middle of your cycle, as the follicles rupture perhaps. Just to check, is your pain on the left or right side, or is it central? I actually get pain on one of the sides and can tell which ovary is releasing the egg in a particular cycle lol

It might not even be that. If it's really painful and has lasted for a while now, go to your GP :yes:
Reply 8
Original post by Serine Soul
Religion of peace. :biggrin:

OP you might be going through something I do, ovulation pain, essentially pain you get in the middle of your cycle, as the follicles rupture perhaps. Just to check, is your pain on the left or right side, or is it central? I actually get pain on one of the sides and can tell which ovary is releasing the egg in a particular cycle lol

It might not even be that. If it's really painful and has lasted for a while now, go to your GP :yes:

Awww im sorry that you get extra mid period pain :hugs:
and no it is like yknow just before you have a period that really bloated like it is gonna explode feeling? i kept thinking that the period would come the day after or something but it hasnt for weeks and it feels like someone has punched me in the uterus and it kind of throbs? :redface:
Reply 9

I'd suggest you go see a doctor to see what it is. Are you due for a period? Could just be it's taking a while to come? Have you had this before ever? Do you have any discharge or other symptoms? Constder things like that to help with a diagnosis.

There are a good few reason this could be happening. Personally I get pain that feels like period pain due to IBS so it could also be possible it is actually gut pain rather than uterus pain. I also get my IBS triggered around periods (your gut and uterus are so close they can put preasure on eachother).
So many potential causing of varying severity that doctor would be the onl real way to know.

While you wait for your appointment you migt like to try things like normal painkillers, things like tumms or gaviscon (for gas/ intergestion), peppermint tea (muscle relaxant that worked really well for me with post surgical bloating), heat patches/ packs/ rolls/ sprays, warm baths and anything else you can think of. See what helps and stick with it. I personally find that muscle relaxants like peppermint tea or Buscopan (a prescription I have for IBS) are the best for period-like pains even over usual painkillers. Peppermint tea would be the easiest version I can think of but you can probably find others without needing a prescription. Alot of pain down there can be to do with muscle spasms or cramping so I'd personally suspect that for you too.

You could also ask 111 or a pharmacist for advice. Hope you feel better soon :smile:
Original post by Kindred
I'd suggest you go see a doctor to see what it is. Are you due for a period? Could just be it's taking a while to come? Have you had this before ever? Do you have any discharge or other symptoms? Constder things like that to help with a diagnosis.

There are a good few reason this could be happening. Personally I get pain that feels like period pain due to IBS so it could also be possible it is actually gut pain rather than uterus pain. I also get my IBS triggered around periods (your gut and uterus are so close they can put preasure on eachother).
So many potential causing of varying severity that doctor would be the onl real way to know.

While you wait for your appointment you migt like to try things like normal painkillers, things like tumms or gaviscon (for gas/ intergestion), peppermint tea (muscle relaxant that worked really well for me with post surgical bloating), heat patches/ packs/ rolls/ sprays, warm baths and anything else you can think of. See what helps and stick with it. I personally find that muscle relaxants like peppermint tea or Buscopan (a prescription I have for IBS) are the best for period-like pains even over usual painkillers. Peppermint tea would be the easiest version I can think of but you can probably find others without needing a prescription. Alot of pain down there can be to do with muscle spasms or cramping so I'd personally suspect that for you too.

You could also ask 111 or a pharmacist for advice. Hope you feel better soon :smile:

I am but it hasn't come for weeks. I have missed a period recently and then I had two in one month 2 weeks apart as a result. this is new however because I have cramps down there every day and then they go off and there is just a general bloated feeling and soreness. My breasts also really hurt but idk if that is related.
Thank you for all that I'll give that stuff a go and ill see a doctor if this doesn't go away :redface:
best of luck with your IBS btw :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest