The Student Room Group

What headphones do people on TSR use?

Can you please post your headphone choice and what device you use it with and why you chose this particular headphone!

Thanks all!

For my headphones I use Sony MDR-XB950s with a VERY STRONG EQ on all of my devices, I use a Windows based workstation and a HTC One M9 : )
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sennheiser CX 3.00 usually with a Windows laptop or my iPod Classic
Reply 2
a £7 panasonic one from Amazon, i'm not really an audiophile, it's good enough for me
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by yoda123
a £7 panasonic one from Amazon

Have you ever considered upgrading?
Reply 4
Original post by Jacarch12
Have you ever considered upgrading?

Yeah, my current one is really uncomfortable, I'll probs get on for £30 or less because my headphones always break within a year
Reply 5
Original post by yoda123
Yeah, my current one is really uncomfortable, I'll probs get on for £30 or less because my headphones always break within a year

If you have some spare cash, I would say invest in a nice pair, you will be happy, Audio Technica M50X is a good bet : )
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
audio technica m50x, the most superior headphones known to man
Koss PortaPro.

⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔
I use them because they're super portable.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Wired Beats solo 2 white with my Samsung galaxy phone.

Hoping to upgrade to iPhone 7 when it comes out ... I hope it comes out in September because I :dontknow:
how long my current Samsung galaxy phone(4.5-5 years old phone) will last ... just another couple months is all I need I hope.
:moon:

I'm thinking of getting the Beats 'powerbeats^2 wireless' earphones but they cost £170, which I don't know if they are worth it. Not too fussed about the cash but its the quality/durability I'm interested.

Any help? :erm:
Reply 10
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Wired Beats solo 2 white with my Samsung galaxy phone.

Hoping to upgrade to iPhone 7 when it comes out ... I hope it comes out in September because I :dontknow:
how long my current Samsung galaxy phone(4.5-5 years old phone) will last ... just another couple months is all I need I hope.
:moon:

I'm thinking of getting the Beats 'powerbeats^2 wireless' earphones but they cost £170, which I don't know if they are worth it. Not too fussed about the cash but its the quality/durability I'm interested.

Do you care about how the headphones look?

Because if that isn't your top priority then the ATH-M50X Headphones are legitimately SO AMAZING Please consider them.
Original post by Jacarch12
Do you care about how the headphones look?

Because if that isn't your top priority then the ATH-M50X Headphones are legitimately SO AMAZING Please consider them.

I do care about how they look though ... they have to match my outfit :laugh:
Any other recommendations preferably wireless.

all beats products are known to have incredibly inferior quality compared to other headphones or earphones of the same price
Reply 13
I do care about how they look though ... they have to match my outfit :laugh:
Any other recommendations preferably wireless.

I have to agree with Waifuism on this one.

Maybe you should do some research before you drop that kind of money on headphones man! After all, headphones are for music not for fashion!
Original post by Waifuism
all beats products are known to have incredibly inferior quality compared to other headphones or earphones of the same price

Recommendations/alternatives @wireless that are better quality?
Reply 15
Recommendations/alternatives @wireless that are better quality?

Wireless headphones are inherently worse quality due to the fact they're wireless.

Please consider a wired pair.
AKG 702's, the sound stage is massive without paying a fortune. They could have a more filled out low end but it makes up for that in the High ends. They are also very comfortable for long periods of time with a very light squeeze on the head that is just enough to keep them in place.

They do however benefit from being given a little boost from an amp, which is an added cost.

Edit:
Added point, they are open backs! Designed for listening in a very quiet space, defiantly not a "take out the house and listen to music on the train" set. I use the stock Sony active noise cancelling IEM's that come with the Experia Z2 for that. Sound quality is very slightly better than average, but the noise cancelling makes up for it. However you do need to spend some time getting used to the "high pressure" feel the IEM's give when noise cancelling is on.
(edited 7 years ago)
£1 ones.

From Poundworld.
Reply 18
Original post by Jonsmith98
AKG 702's, the sound stage is massive without paying a fortune. They could have a more filled out low end but it makes up for that in the High ends. They are also very comfortable for long periods of time with a very light squeeze on the head that is just enough to keep them in place.

They do however benefit from being given a little boost from an amp, which is an added cost.

Yeah they're very good headphones, if you want a more full low end why just not use a proper EQ? I have to get rid of the lows on my headphones, as soon as I buy another pair it will be a much more educated purchase : ) Thanks for the reply man : )
Shure SE215's nothing beats them for under a hundred.

Headphones are B&O Play H2's, really comfrotable.

All on my phone/Poweramp on Xiaomi Mi4.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending