The Student Room Group

Would you convert to Islam for £1000 a day?

Scroll to see replies

Pork and I have a very special relationship...so :no:
I'd probably fake it for a few months.

Original post by homeland.lsw
Pork and I have a very special relationship...so :no:

A Cameron-type relationship? :curious: :teehee:
Original post by Hydeman
I'd probably fake it for a few months.

A Cameron-type relationship? :curious: :teehee:

yes
Original post by champ_mc99
True. Too bad we don't qualify. :frown:

That's not fair :frown:
We'd be the best for it, we know how it it all works. Avoiding pork and alcohol would be easy too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by King Scorchy
Would you convert to Islam for £1000 a day?

You would have to pray 5 times a day and go to mosque (and study the Quran) once a week for the rest of your life, as well as not eat pork, drink alcohol and everything else.

If you leave Islam the contract ends and you can''t reconvert (and start earning the money again).

Original post by 0to100
Oh wait it's A day like EACH day? Or...just for a day?...

I'd never do it for everyday. For one day yea. :K:

I thought it was for one day as well until I read the bold parts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go long enough to be able to afford a flat or something in London. So maybe like half a year so I can put down a large deposit and get a mortgage, so that would be like £180,000. I would love more like £500,000, but that's like one and a half years, idk if i could do that. no alcohol probably wouldn't be hard, but praying (5 times a DAY?!?), studying the quran and going to the mosque is too much effort.
3 months
Nope nope nope!! A white person going to a mosque and wearing a headscarf? As my friend who has converted told me, you won't be welcomed
No way.
It's even haram to be in a relationship and listen to music so no. It's not even worth it.
Original post by Hevachan
Nope nope nope!! A white person going to a mosque and wearing a headscarf? As my friend who has converted told me, you won't be welcomed

Please don't spout nonsense. I'm not sure what bizarre mosque your "friend" has been to but all the ones I've ever been to are pretty welcoming towards converts.
Don't get me wrong here, I'm not a fan them at all either but racism is not the problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by loveleest
No way.
It's even haram to be in a relationship and listen to music so no. It's not even worth it.

OP didn't say you have to be a goodmuslim..
Original post by teenhorrorstory
OP didn't say you have to be a goodmuslim..

Well if it is just praying and going mosque then it would depend. But I might just do it for a little while because easy money I guess.
Maybe for a couple weeks for the money :innocent:
Here's a question:

Would you do it if you had to convert to any other religion?

Probably not.

So it's not really about Islam. (or the bacon):tongue:
A year. Man needs a deposit innit.

The only really difficult part is praying 5 times a day in specific time slots, but I guess it's one of those things you would get used to.
Little do people realise that this is the reality of the hereafter - you are doing all these deeds everyday preparing for the meeting with your Lord, and you can access this account with all that 'money' when you die; yet you are content dying bankrupt and losing out in the hereafter.

"By time (which is running out)

Indeed mankind is in loss

Except those who believe and do righteous deeds and advise each other to truth and advise each other to patience" [Surah Asr]
Original post by ib_hopeful
Here's a question:

Would you do it if you had to convert to any other religion?

Probably not.

So it's not really about Islam. (or the bacon):tongue:

Depends on the t&c really

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by loveleest
No way.

You couldn't go without a relationship and music for even a few weeks/months? :K:
Original post by Hydeman
You couldn't go without a relationship and music for even a few weeks/months? :K:

LOL I've never been in a relationship before, so of course I can, but for music? naaah it's actually part of my daily routine lool
I'd do pretty much anything for £1000 a day

Quick Reply

Latest