The Student Room Group

Does Morgan Stanley send rejection e-mails?

Hi everyone. Three weeks ago I applied for two off-cycle internships at Morgan Stanley (one in London and another one in Milan). I completed the numerical online tests but I haven't heard back. Do they usually send rejection emails to unsuccessful applicants? When I applied to other banks, if I failed the online tests, I received an automatic rejection email 2-3 days later.

If it can be of any help, for the London internship they say "We look forward to reviewing your application....etc" and for the Milan one "Your application is currently under review". Does it make any difference?
You will be told if you are ultimately unsuccessful during their recruitment process. And this may take a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
They send rejection emails. By the way, have you heard back from them?

Original post by Joe955
Hi everyone. Three weeks ago I applied for two off-cycle internships at Morgan Stanley (one in London and another one in Milan). I completed the numerical online tests but I haven't heard back. Do they usually send rejection emails to unsuccessful applicants? When I applied to other banks, if I failed the online tests, I received an automatic rejection email 2-3 days later.

If it can be of any help, for the London internship they say "We look forward to reviewing your application....etc" and for the Milan one "Your application is currently under review". Does it make any difference?
Reply 3
Original post by kikita
They send rejection emails. By the way, have you heard back from them?

No, I haven't. I assume I've been rejected as I would have started the internship by early July. Plus, it's been a month and the Milan office does not receive as many applications as the London office, so it must have already reviewed my application. A friend of mine said: "if they're interested in you, they contact you within a week".
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
I applied as well to the off-cycle internship of MS in London, however, I haven't heard back yet, the status changed a week ago from received to under review without sending me any email.
Reply 5
Hey guys! Anyone heard back from MS?
If anyone else is looking at this thread: applied for MS and about a month later got an email for a telephone interview slot for the following three days. I emailed back and said I was free on the third day...didn't get e reply email, so didn't know what time the interview was happening. I got a call at 0930, somehow passed that, then got invited that day a couple of hours later via phone and then email to an AC the following week. That was last Thursday and now I am waiting for the outcome. :smile:
Original post by epsilondelta
If anyone else is looking at this thread: applied for MS and about a month later got an email for a telephone interview slot for the following three days. I emailed back and said I was free on the third day...didn't get e reply email, so didn't know what time the interview was happening. I got a call at 0930, somehow passed that, then got invited that day a couple of hours later via phone and then email to an AC the following week. That was last Thursday and now I am waiting for the outcome. :smile:

Did you end up getting this internship. And can you remember when you did your AC last year.
Did you get the role?
Original post by epsilondelta

Did you get the role?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending