The Student Room Group

The Milo Yiannoppulos anti-cultural Marxism phenomenon

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StrawbAri
So I don't blindly support everything he says because I like him.
Simple.

I'm referring to the "he would cure his homosexuality" part. Does that statement bother you? Did you pay attention to the context?
Reply 21
He would cure his homosexuality if he could though

+

Hahahaha are you serious ? How is that not?
Is it not a woman's right to decide what she does with her reproductive system? Banning abortion and birth control takes away those rights

I mean I find Milo hilarious and he's a good troll but come on :lol:

Well if the woman is stupid enough to have sexual intercourse without any form of protection she shouldn't have the right to murder an innocent life because of her daft lifestyle choices.
I mean I find Milo hilarious and he's a good troll but common :lol:

I think his whole persona is to be a contrarian and to push the limits of what can be said. I think the role of a contrarian is important though, and we should never feel complacent in our values.
Reply 23
Original post by WBZ144
Yes, damn those liberals trying to enforce equal rights for everyone! As opposed to the conservatives who want to restrict equality for certain groups because they are offended by it.

Equal to the Liberal means pleasing the minorities position rather than the majority.
You lost it at "cultural Marxism".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Roast
I'm referring to the "he would cure his homosexuality" part. Does that statement bother you? Did you pay attention to the context?

Quite frankly that's his business.
I don't quite like Christianity and it's values but since that's what floats his boat then okay.

I just felt like pointing it out because being a homosexual doesn't automatically mean he supports homosexuality.
I persoanlly do not like Milo for the way he treats other people, i believe that we can conquer the moral high-ground and send the regressive left back to regressive-left-hell (which i honestly don't know what it would consist of other than sargon of akkad and milo brain-boxing them) where they belong without getting into the mud-slinging and labelling fights with them.

Something with him that wound me up in a particularly wrong way was 'Darling i earn more in a year than you probably will in your lifetime.". When people say things like that i genuinely lose interest in what they say.

Best regards to all of you.
Francis
I don't quite like Christianity and it's values but since that's what floats his boat then okay.

You don't like Christian values? Renunciation of violence... Unconditional love... Forgiveness of sins... Fidelity in marriage? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_values)

I just felt like pointing it out because being a homosexual doesn't automatically mean he supports homosexuality.

Sure, but it's likely he does. He just says he doesn't like what gay activism has turned into - which is fair enough.
Reply 28

If he doesn't support homosexuality, why then did he say on this interview with Dave rubin that he doesn't support mass immigration of muslims because a vast amount of them still believe in backward practises like stoning homosexuals to death.

[video="youtube;0OAnm0RpPkE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OAnm0RpPkE[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 29
You don't like Christian values? Renunciation of violence... Unconditional love... Forgiveness of sins... Fidelity in marriage? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_values)

Sure, but it's likely he does. He just says he doesn't like what gay activism has turned into - which is fair enough.

She sounds like a radical muslim, LOL
Original post by Listers

Islamists and SJWs aren't that different you know, she's either or.
Original post by Listers

What :rofl: how presumptuous of you.
How does that make me sound like a radical Muslim?

I despise religion as a whole.

I find most parts of the Old Testament and some parts of the New Testament to be morally reprehensible.

Anybody can pick and choose what they like from the Bible, hence why people who defended slavery turned to the Bible to support their views, and people who opposed slavery turned to the Bible to support their views. People have their own moral code, and then turn to the Bible to affirm their moral stance.
Original post by Listers
If he doesn't support homosexuality, when then did he say on this interview with Dave rubin that he doesn't support mass immigration of muslims because a vast amount of them still believe in backward practises like stoning homosexuals to death.

[video="youtube;0OAnm0RpPkE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OAnm0RpPkE[/video]

You might as throw rational out the window with these kind of people... :rolleyes:
Islamists and SJWs aren't that different you know, she's either or.

I'm neither an SJW or an Islamist and I find it hilarious that you've assumed these things given my post history and constant accusations of being a racist on this very forum :lol:
Original post by The Epicurean
Anybody can pick and choose what they like from the Bible, hence why people who defended slavery turned to the Bible to support their views, and people who opposed slavery turned to the Bible to support their views. People have their own moral code, and then turn to the Bible to affirm their moral stance.

I'm not Christian at all and I still think Christian values hold true.
I'm neither an SJW or an Islamist and I find it hilarious that you've assumed these things given my post history and constant accusations of being a racist on this very forum :lol:

What are you then?
Reply 37
What :rofl: how presumptuous of you.
How does that make me sound like a radical Muslim?

I despise religion as a whole.

Your despise for Christianity, couldn't tell.

I find most parts of the Old Testament and some parts of the New Testament to be morally reprehensible.

There are over 35 old testament books and 900 old testament chapters and one chapter in one book (Probably Leviticus) which details rules given specifically to the people of Israel 4000 years ago for a specific period of time according to Bible scholars due to the large amount of sinful acts done across the world, separating his people from the evil, is what you call "Most parts"

Right.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 38
You might as throw rational out the window with these kind of people... :rolleyes:

IKR, there's no helping these guys.

Lenin termed them as useful morons.
I'm not Christian at all and I still think Christian values hold true.

Christian values have changed constantly over the centuries and Christian values differ from one country to another. The values of Christians in Sweden and different to the values of Christians in Uganda. Even between Christian denominations, their values are very different. What values do all Christians, regardless of century, denomination or country, hold in common? Lets break down what you regard as Christian values:

Renunciation of violence
Sure, Quakers renounce violence and are pacifists. However, many Christians also follow a Christian philosophy known as "Just war theory" which believes violence is sometimes acceptable.

Unconditional love

Jehovah Witnesses have a practice called 'disfellowshiping' , where anybody who has left the Church or has been forced to leave the church, becomes a pariah and social outcast who members of the Church are to avoid and cut all social ties with. That is not unconditional love.

Forgiveness of sins
And also holding people to account for sins they didn't even commit such as original sin. Why should someone be tortured and die for sins that I didn't even commit and which I am being held accountable for? It's absurd at best. And lets not even mention Psalm 109
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply