The Student Room Group

Peaceful Trump Protesters Showing Us Why We Should Vote Republican

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge

Ah yes and people who know they're going to get banned will certainly just admit that!

Well they're going to have to at some point. Besides I reckon the government will find out if they're muslim by themselves, it can't be hard to.
The muslim ban is racist, his comments about Mexicans are racist. Those are two prime examples and as somebody who has experienced hate crimes - I probably have a better understanding of hatred and incitement of hatred than you.

I also do not think Trump is Hitler.

Actually, they aren't.

I disagree with a lot of what he's said about Muslims, and to a lesser extent about Mexicans, but it isn't racist. Racism is discrimination against someone of a different race, as a result of the belief that these people are fundamentally inferior on account of their race. Now, love him or hate him, that isn't what Trump is saying. He's not claimed that Muslims or Mexicans are inferior at all. He's saying that there is a higher incidence of terrorism/criminal behaviour in these groups, and so he wants to limit their access to the US. I absolutely disagree with his proposal to ban Muslims from entering the US, but it isn't racist. People need to stop bandying that word around without knowing what it means. And as for his proposal to put up a wall and deport illegal Mexican immigrants, I do not understand why that is wrong. Sure, he uses some pretty vile language at times, but again, hardly racist.

His language may well be incendiary, and you may well disagree with his policies, but he is not a racist.
Original post by Listers
His comment not attack was on Illegal immigrants, not Mexicans as a whole and certainly not Hispanics in anyway because not every single illegal immigrant is a hispanic mexican. Only person proving any point here is you showcasing your ignorance.

Yes, maybe according to misinformed people like you, the colour of a person is used to determine their religion.

Oh give it a rest. Trump addressed "Mexicans" not Illegal Immigrants.

Pft, that's not how I think it should be done at all but how I believe it will be done.

Original post by Trapz99
Whichever candidate wins, America loses.
Rubio or Cruz would have been the best.

No, Rubio would have been tolerable and Cruz is a stupid religious fundamentalist who does not understand what people want.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
Actually, they aren't.

I disagree with a lot of what he's said about Muslims, and to a lesser extent about Mexicans, but it isn't racist. Racism is discrimination against someone of a different race, as a result of the belief that these people are fundamentally inferior on account of their race. Now, love him or hate him, that isn't what Trump is saying. He's not claimed that Muslims or Mexicans are inferior at all. He's saying that there is a higher incidence of terrorism/criminal behaviour in these groups, and so he wants to limit their access to the US. I absolutely disagree with his proposal to ban Muslims from entering the US, but it isn't racist. People need to stop bandying that word around without knowing what it means. And as for his proposal to put up a wall and deport illegal Mexican immigrants, I do not understand why that is wrong. Sure, he uses some pretty vile language at times, but again, hardly racist.

His language may well be incendiary, and you may well disagree with his policies, but he is not a racist.

In my opinion, he is racist and that is the opinion of millions absolutely disgruntled Americans who are feeling the brunt of his *******s.
Reply 44
Oh give it a rest. Trump addressed "Mexicans" not Illegal Immigrants.

No he didn't

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Please keep away from any political discussions.
Original post by Listers
No he didn't

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Please keep away from any political discussions.

Uh, yes he did. :lol:

How is saying: "The Mexicans... they're not sending us their best. They'r coming in... they're bringing drugs... they're rapists... and I'm sure some of them are nice guys..."

NOT an address to the Mexicans themselves? Utter idiot.

No, Rubio would have been tolerable and Cruz is a stupid religious fundamentalist who does not understand what people want.

America is the most religious developed country, so he would have had a lot of support from Christians who strongly agree with his social policies and also like his economic policies like lowering taxes and reducing welfare.
Reply 47

How is saying: "The Mexicans... they're not sending us their best. They'r coming in... they're bringing drugs... they're rapists... and I'm sure some of them are nice guys..."

It was a reference to the mexicans who leave mexico to come to America with the sole purpose of committing crimes and cheating the government out of money, if you're too thick to see that was what he was referring to, then maybe we should just stop this discussion because clearly you get all your news from an outlet like the Huffington compost and Buzzfed
Reply 48
Original post by offhegoes
Oh I was speaking relatively. As in relative to George Bush Jnr, Trump is a idiot.

Pretty sure Donald Trump helped George Bush become president in an interview .... 'make America great again'
Reply 49
Donald trump tolerates violence in his protests ........ Say's something about him

Ok so "They're [Mexicans]... they're not sending their best".

Let's break that down for you:

- [Mexicans] refers to mexicans as a whole - as a people.
- ["They're not send their best"] is the part which shows he's not referring to Mexicans as a whole. There's a distinct difference.
- "[...] their best" - meaning the Mexicans who work lawfully, do not get involved in drug dealing, do not rape, etc...
- That leaves the Mexicans who aren't "their best" which are the illegals he's alluding to.

The "They're" in "They're coming in... they're bringing drugs... they're rapists..." refers to the illegals.

Are you struggling with English... is it not your native tongue?

Original post by Listers
It was a reference to the mexicans who leave mexico to come to America with the sole purpose of committing crimes and cheating the government out of money, if you're too thick to see that was what he was referring to, then maybe we should just stop this discussion because clearly you get all your news from an outlet like the Huffington compost and Buzzfed
Reply 51
Original post by The Roast
Ok so "They're [Mexicans]... they're not sending their best".

Let's break that down for you:

- [Mexicans] refers to mexicans as a whole - as a people.
- ["They're not send their best"] is the part which shows he's not referring to Mexicans as a whole. There's a distinct difference.
- "[...] their best" - meaning the Mexicans who work lawfully, do not get involved in drug dealing, do not rape, etc...
- That leaves the Mexicans who aren't "their best" which are the illegals he's alluding to.

The "They're" in "They're coming in... they're bringing drugs... they're rapists..." refers to the illegals.

Are you struggling with English... is it not your native tongue?

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

That's my man right there.
Original post by Listers
:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

That's my man right there.

Hopefully he'll see some sense now, but it's likely he'll back with a rebuttal.

It's a neverending cycle.
In my opinion, he is racist and that is the opinion of millions absolutely disgruntled Americans who are feeling the brunt of his *******s.

By what measure? Give me one quote from Trump, in which he supports the notion that white Americans are fundamentally superior to either Muslims (although white Americans can certainly be Muslims, so racism is a misnomer anyway) or Hispanics, by virtue of them being white Americans. Otherwise, your claim that he's being racist towards these groups is a nonsense.

Just because you call someone a racist, doesn't mean they are. You're using a false syllogism. The fact that racists don't want lots of Hispanics in the US, and Trump doesn't want lots of Hispanics in the US, does not mean that Trump is a racist. Your opinion doesn't mean squat if you can't back it up with evidence.
Reply 54
Original post by Wahrheit
Islam isn't a race, neither is Mexican. The Muslim ban isn't racist, it's just rhetoric and he has no intention of carrying it out. He's just an exceptionally smart man who said what he thought needed to be said to get the nomination. He will now say what's needed to be said to get elected as president; he already has the core of uneducated xenophobes who don't normally vote, now he's working on appealing to the masses, hence the toned down speech in recent weeks.

Don't disagree that a lot of the stuff he's said has been terrible, xenophobic speech playing on people's fear and hatred, but it's not his views people should be worried about, because I don't believe he's particularly attached to any of them...he would literally say anything to become president, and that really leaves me question what he's actually going to do in the White House. A vote for him would be a vote for the absolute unknown, which is a scary prospect.

tl;dr: #Bernie2k16

Are you actually serious ?
" exceptionally smart man" WTF
NO Donald Trump helped George Bush become elected as president. Say's something about him ...
Donald Trump also said " Knock the crap out of of protesters"

lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NzhQWcc7h4
Original post by mero22
NO Donald Trump helped George Bush become elected as president. Say's something about him ...

"Knock the crap out of protestors [who attempt to disrupt his rallies]" You missed an important chunk out of that line, most probably to fit your anti-Trump rhetoric.

That video is so ****ing stupid.

What it's basically saying is Trump = Hitler - which is demented. Typical leftist behaviour really, but it's only helping Trump's campaign, so it fails to deliver.
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
By what measure? Give me one quote from Trump, in which he supports the notion that white Americans are fundamentally superior to either Muslims (although white Americans can certainly be Muslims, so racism is a misnomer anyway) or Hispanics, by virtue of them being white Americans. Otherwise, your claim that he's being racist towards these groups is a nonsense.

Guess what? He won't be able to, or he'll just refer back to the miscontextualised (not sure if a word) quotes he brought up.
Original post by mero22

I didn't say he was nice haha, just smart. You don't get to the position he's in without being clever...the cash boost from his dad helped of course, but still :biggrin:

His campaign has honestly been the best I've seen in a long time. Again, not nice, but very clever: he's played to his strengths, picked off his opponents one at a time, dominated all media reporting on the election...you don't have to like somebody to appreciate that what they're doing is extremely clever.
Reply 58
Original post by The Roast
"Knock the crap out of protestors [who attempt to disrupt his rallies]" You missed an important chunk out of that line, most probably to fit your anti-Trump rhetoric.

That video is so ****ing stupid.

What it's basically saying is Trump = Hitler - which is demented. Typical leftist behaviour really, but it's only helping Trump's campaign, so it fails to deliver.

Violence against violence DOES NOT solve anything.
Donald Trump helped elect George Bush saying great things about him. Considering what George Bush has created, what makes you think it won't happen again?

I've watched info wars trying to understand how these supporter think. They keep saying Donald Trumps a billionaire.... Donald Trump lied about this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NiuaIbCQbM

Sound a little similar to someone we know ....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsieTbCeBhs fascist much

Reply 59
Original post by Wahrheit
I didn't say he was nice haha, just smart. You don't get to the position he's in without being clever...the cash boost from his dad helped of course, but still :biggrin:

His campaign has honestly been the best I've seen in a long time. Again, not nice, but very clever: he's played to his strengths, picked off his opponents one at a time, dominated all media reporting on the election...you don't have to like somebody to appreciate that what they're doing is extremely clever.

I can agree with that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending