The Student Room Group

The Milo Yiannoppulos anti-cultural Marxism phenomenon

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by The Epicurean

Now there are many disingenuous protestants who claim that the Catholics changed their 10 commandments. But in fact, what you will find is that the Catholics have a similar interpretation as the Jews and they don't have a specific Commandment saying "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" as they consider the commandment "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" to be sufficient.

The Roman Catholic revision is obvious: The Vatican eliminates the second commandment against idolatry, and subdivides the tenth commandment against covetousness in order to keep the number of commandments at ten. This version is also used by many Lutheran churches. The Biblically accurate version used by Protestants is the one found on public monuments and in courtrooms in the United States and elsewhere, to the extent that the postmodern "freedom from religion" mindset still permits it.

Judaism divides Exodus 20 in a manner similar to Protestants, except that verse 2 ["I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage"] is considered the 1st commandment and verses 3-6 [against idolatry] are considered the 2nd commandment. Thereafter the division is the same.)
Original post by WBZ144
"Can" and "if" are irrelevant, using the word "cure" implies that it is a disease. Jeez, how far do apologists for obvious bigotry go?

Oh for **** sakes.
Reply 62
Original post by The Roast
Are you on crack or something?!

IF there was a cure, he'd love to be cured.

How does that mean he doesn't like being gay lol? Answer me for crying out loud.

We're being prejudice at the very most.

Notice how I didn't even bother to reply to her.

Liberals would do and say anything, no matter how false and dim it is, just to prove their points.
Reply 63
Original post by WBZ144
Yes, damn those liberals trying to enforce equal rights for everyone! As opposed to the conservatives who want to restrict equality for certain groups because they are offended by it.

Well only 50% of the population has reproductive rights and I've never heard left wing people campaign for the other 50% to get them
Original post by joecphillips
Well only 50% of the population has reproductive rights and I've never heard left wing people campaign for the other 50% to get them

DAZ BCUS MAIN DUNT AV A SAI IN WUT A WOMIN DUZ WIV ER BODI!!!!

:angry::angry::angry:
He's a rightwing nut job. He's also a hypocrite too, because he hangs out with homophobic people like Steven Crowder, and other homophobic right-wingers. I don't respect people that say that "feminism is cancer".
He acts like a teenager rebelling against his parents indeed he did say that being gay was the ultimate rebellion against his mother... He's a mess.
Are you on crack or something?!

IF there was a cure, he'd love to be cured.

How does that mean he doesn't like being gay lol? Answer me for crying out loud.

We're being prejudice at the very most.

Ah look ad hom.

Look.
Let's take this as an example:
I have cancer
There is no known cure for cancer
If there was a cure I'd love to take it
According to your logic this in no way implies that I dislike having cancer even though I'd get rid of it if I could.

Yes and also presumptuous because you presumed I was something without having proof of it.
I have nothing against non-bigoted Christians but "Christian values" ARE despicable, and believing so does not make one as Islamist, as Islam was derived from Christianity in the first place and is much closer to it than Atheism. Women should submit to men in everything, cannot speak in the Church or assume any authority over a man. Christianity was used to justify slavery, particularly the enslavement of Africans due to claims that they were descended from Canaan, who the Bible taught was born to be a slave.

So if you support "Christian values", you are closer to Islamists than we will ever be.
Original post by Listers
Notice how I didn't even bother to reply to her.

Liberals would do and say anything, no matter how false and dim it is, just to prove their points.

Except you did reply to me
And you're still being presumptuous. How do you know I'm a liberal?
Original post by StrawbAri
Ah look ad hom.

Look.
Let's take this as an example:
I have cancer
There is no known cure for cancer
If there was a cure I'd love to take it
According to your logic this in no way implies that I dislike having cancer even though I'd get rid of it if I could.

Yes and also presumptuous because you presumed I was something without having proof of it.

I can't even...

Original post by WBZ144
I have nothing against non-bigoted Christians but "Christian values" ARE despicable, and believing so does not make one as Islamist, as Islam was derived from Christianity in the first place and is much closer to it than Atheism. Women should submit to men in everything, cannot speak in the Church or assume any authority over a man. Christianity was used to justify slavery, particularly the enslavement of Africans due to claims that they were descended from Canaan, who the Bible taught was born to be a slave.

So if you support "Christian values", you are closer to Islamists than we will ever be.

We need more equal rights for women, not less!!
Reply 72
Except you did reply to me
And you're still being presumptuous. How do you know I'm a liberal?

I was talking about WBZ Whatever the hell her username is, not you.

I don't know or care if you're a liberal or not. Your stance on politics is irrelevant to me my darling
Original post by Listers
The Roman Catholic revision is obvious: The Vatican eliminates the second commandment against idolatry

No they don't. If you read the verses in the Bible, you will count more than 10. The Catholic Church and Jews have chosen to condense these verses down to 10 but combining the verse on idolatry with the verse on not worshiping any other God's (which is what idolatry is).

and subdivides the tenth commandment against covetousness in order to keep the number of commandments at ten.

I suggest you look at the Jewish 10 commandments. If anything, it is the protestants who have come along and edited the 10 commandments, because the Catholics and Jews have been following their select version for centuries before the protestant church was established.

This version is also used by many Lutheran churches. The Biblically accurate version used by Protestants is the one found on public monuments and in courtrooms in the United States and elsewhere, to the extent that the postmodern "freedom from religion" mindset still permits it.

The Catholic and Jewish commandments are also Biblically accurate. Let us count how many commandments we can find in Exodus 20. Firstly, the Jews consider "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery" to be a commandment, although we shall ignore that.

1) You shall have no other gods before me
2) You shall not make for yourself an image
3) You shall not bow down to them or worship them
4) You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God
5) Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy
6) Honor your father and your mother
7) You shall not murder
8) You shall not commit adultery
9) You shall not steal
10) You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor
11) You shall not covet your neighbor’s house
12) You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey

I count 12 commandments there. Numbers 11 and 12 are arguably comprised of two commandments, and if you read the verses, you would see and understand why the Catholic Church separated it into two separate commandments. There are more than 10 commandments, so some commandment has to be condensed to produce 10.

Judaism divides Exodus 20 in a manner similar to Protestants, except that verse 2 ["I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage"] is considered the 1st commandment and verses 3-6 [against idolatry] are considered the 2nd commandment. Thereafter the division is the same.)

The Jewish commandment are similar to the Catholic commandments in that they consider the verse on idolatry to be sufficiently covered by the verse telling people to have no other God before God. Idolatry would break the commandment of not having another God before God.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 74
Islam was derived from Christianity.

I guess that's why Muslims believe that Jesus Christ was nothing more than a prophet. While Christians believe that he's God in the flesh. Because Islam was gotten from the beliefs of Christians.

I've seen it all today.
I can't even...

Care to actually address what I said?

Because till you actually explain your point and not throw around ad hom and pointless memes I'm still going to think if someone is happy being gay they wouldn't want to be cured of it of they could
Care to actually address what I said?

Because till you actually explain your point and not throw around ad hom and pointless memes I'm still going to think if someone is happy being gay they wouldn't want to be cured of it of they could

Do you even know what an ad hominem is?

I've my made my point several times. This conversation is over :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by The Epicurean
No they don't. If you read the verses in the Bible, you will count more than 10. The Catholic Church and Jews have chosen to condense these verses down to 10 but combining the verse on idolatry with the verse on not worshiping any other God's (which is what idolatry is).

I suggest you look at the Jewish 10 commandments. If anything, it is the protestants who have come along and edited the 10 commandments, because the Catholics and Jews have been following their select version for centuries before the protestant church was established.

The Jewish commandment are similar to the Catholic commandments in that they consider the verse on idolatry to be sufficiently covered by the verse telling people to have no other God before God. Idolatry would break the commandment of not having another God before God.

These are blatant lies. The Catholic church intentionally removed the law about graven images because when the church was being established in the 4th century, the already pagan romans wanted to have a mixture of their pagan beliefs along with Christianity when the religion was made legal in many parts of Europe.

Giving your own definition of what Idolatry is and ignoring what is in the King James Bible is flawed and deceptive.
Do you even know what an ad hominem is?

I've my made my point several times. This conversation is over :smile:

Yes I do.

No you have not.
Or could you point to the post where you explained because I can't find it.

Original post by Listers

You two are like a father denying his "illegitimate" child, but the fact is that you have no excuses for the sexism and intolerance in Christianity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending