The Student Room Group

Is 2 weeks Enough to Learn Manouvres?

In a nut shell, my old instructor was terrible like 26 lessons shouting at me, making me want to cry and quit really and didn't notice any of my mistakes. My driving has gotten better as my confidence has been rebuilt :smile:

Manoeuvres:

1. My old instructor taught me reverse round the corner, albeit with shouting and I don't feel that confident on it. My dad is going to practice it with me this week.

2. I switched instructor. He's taught me turn in the road so I'm quite happy with that.

I haven't done bay parking or parallel parking at all. My test is on the 22nd. I am planning to do about 12 more lessons.

Is this enough or should I move my test? Next date in my area is late July.
Reply 1
I'm actually in the same situation but my test is next week. So I'll have about three lessons, 1.5 hours each to master the manoeuvres. I don't want to cancel my test though so I'm just going to go for it.

I think 12 lessons is enough, however it completely depends on your ability.
Reply 2
Original post by fkx
I'm actually in the same situation but my test is next week. So I'll have about three lessons, 1.5 hours each to master the manoeuvres. I don't want to cancel my test though so I'm just going to go for it.

I think 12 lessons is enough, however it completely depends on your ability.

Haha best of luck! And I have the same mindset to be honest. I don't want to cancel but I didn't think of 1.5 hour lessons. Might ask about that.
Reply 3
Original post by Mel1312
Haha best of luck! And I have the same mindset to be honest. I don't want to cancel but I didn't think of 1.5 hour lessons. Might ask about that.

Thanks, good luck to you as well!

I figured if I fail, then I fail but I really want to have a go at a test first. And I think if I change now, then next available date is around August; rather get it done now tbh.
Reply 4
Original post by fkx
Thanks, good luck to you as well!

I figured if I fail, then I fail but I really want to have a go at a test first. And I think if I change now, then next available date is around August; rather get it done now tbh.

Definitely. I see anyone driving and it just makes me want to drive more. I really want the test out of the way.
Reply 5
Original post by Mel1312
Definitely. I see anyone driving and it just makes me want to drive more. I really want the test out of the way.

Exactly, which is why I'm going to keep it and just try and get the manoeuvres as much as possible. I want to see what the test is like; I'm confident in everything but the manoeuvres.
I didn't do any of the manoeuvres until the lesson before my test and I passed :P
Reply 7
Original post by DocWho49
I didn't do any of the manoeuvres until the lesson before my test and I passed :P

Well that's motivation and a half. I don't think I'd leave it to that late but its encouraging to know they aren't that bad :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending