The Student Room Group

How to lose 3 pounds a week?

^ above

Scroll to see replies

Very low calorie restriction, but that's stupid.
Original post by mariah2011
^ above

Eat lots of fruit, cut out on comfort foods, and don't eat after 7, just drink water. Drink 2 glasses of water before each meal to fill you up more. Also get regular exercise, like doing 3 sets of 20 sit ups, and increase the sit ups by 2 everyday, or increase the sets.

Source: I lost 3kg in a week.
Reply 3
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
Eat lots of fruit, cut out on comfort foods, and don't eat after 7, just drink water. Drink 2 glasses of water before each meal to fill you up more. Also get regular exercise, like doing 3 sets of 20 sit ups, and increase the sit ups by 2 everyday, or increase the sets.

Source: I lost 3kg in a week.

Thanks! I am aiming to lose 14KG so doing this would help? What type of meals did you eat
^ above

Any more than 1kg (2.2 pounds) weight loss a week isn't healthy.
Reply 5
Original post by Gaya Ramanathan

Source?
Original post by sad_core
Source?

Been told by dieticians, doctors and gym trainers. Especially as the OP isn't even overweight, actually nearer to underweight and is only 16 so growth is a concern.
Reply 8
Go to the shop, buy a £2 item with a £5 note and leave your change
Reply 9
Been told by dieticians, doctors and gym trainers. Especially as the OP isn't even overweight, actually nearer to underweight and is only 16 so growth is a concern.

what do you mean growth is a concern lol, am i short for my weight? :smile:
Original post by JW22
Go to the shop, buy a £2 item with a £5 note and leave your change

thanks, best advice received so far!
lol
Thanks! I am aiming to lose 14KG so doing this would help? What type of meals did you eat

Meals can still be the same, but keep your a bit carbohydrates lower if you want to lose more, but remember that it is your main source of glucose. The fat would then be used for making glucose and you shed weight. You would be drinking a lot more water anyway so it should fill you up more and enable you to not eat as much as normal.

Try more fibre too.

Your welcome

wat

I flucctuate at least 2KG in one day lmao
I lost 5 kilos in 4 weeks for prom last year so it is possible as long as you do it healthily. E.g. exercising as well instead of simply cutting down calories since your body will just make it harder to lose anymore and you'll be lacking the needed vitamins

You can research online foods that are needed in your diet but low in calories e.g. I remember eating carrots and spinach quite a lot.
Remember that losing weight does not mean to completely cut down a section in the food pyramid since you need all the things there. Just eat smaller portions and exercise more. But exercising more doesn't mean going crazy with it. You can do something like jogging in the morning for half an hour in the morning, being more active around the house and going on an evening walk after dinner.
^ above

go vegan
We dont know your weight , age and height so impossible to say how realistic it is.
When people tell you how much they lost, just remember you dont have their stats.
Anything more than 1-2lbs a week thends tp be unhealthy and unsustainable.

1lb a week tends to be more realistic especially if you intend to keep it off.

You dont sound as though you know enough about how weight loss works OP.

3lbs a week is a theoretcial 1500 calorie daily deficit. You are going to struggle with that unless you do large amounts of exercise.
(edited 7 years ago)
what do you mean growth is a concern lol, am i short for my weight? :smile:

No no as in losing more than 1kg a week could affect your 2 years left of growth:smile:
Original post by Milzime
wat

I flucctuate at least 2KG in one day lmao

Fluctuation isn't actual weight gain/loss though - to accurately record your weight it should be roughly the same time in the morning on the same day each week after you've gone to the loo and before you've eaten breakfast.
Chuck it out the window.
Fluctuation isn't actual weight gain/loss though - to accurately record your weight it should be roughly the same time in the morning on the same day each week after you've gone to the loo and before you've eaten breakfast.

mmm

even then ngl it can be very different, depending on what I did/ate that week :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending