The Student Room Group

How do you revise

how do you guys revise, personally i turn on some shawn mendez and mindmap

Scroll to see replies

I sit in bed with a cup of tea and read my class notes. Never made revision notes, done practise papers or anything like that. Hasn't failed me so far.
I don't. I just go on TSR like a noob.

Spoiler

Reply 3
Original post by Platopus
I sit in bed with a cup of tea and read my class notes. Never made revision notes, done practise papers or anything like that. Hasn't failed me so far.

Teach me your ways
Reply 4
Write notes on everything then do past papers
Usually I read through my notes and any revision books first. Then, I make my notes concise and ensure I know the main points off by heart. After that I tend to use Quizlet, make lists, flashcards and mindmaps of the topics, including more detailed points (can listen to music while doing this). If it's a very detailed subject, like Classics, usually I make revision guides. Main thing, however, is to spread out your revision. Do a little everyday.

edit: past papers and reading through mark schemes are really good to do, as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by etata
Teach me your ways

Haha you might want to wait until after I've got my A2 results. If I fail then...
Reply 7
Original post by Platopus
Haha you might want to wait until after I've got my A2 results. If I fail then...

I'm pretty sure it'll still be worth it haha, what are you taking?
Past papers and big sheets of notes :h:
Go thru textbook & make notes
Do the questions
Add notes from online
Keep a tab of nice dick pics open to keep me going
Go thru some past papers with notes
Do a past paper properly.
Original post by alkaline.
Go thru textbook & make notes
Do the questions
Add notes from online
Keep a tab of nice dick pics open to keep me going
Go thru some past papers with notes
Do a past paper properly.

Lol...

Increased sexual frustration when revising?
Mindmaps, a few colourful notes, but I hate notes so I don't make many . . . Videos, teaching other people, past papers.
Here's what I've always done:

Spoiler

When I need to cram and revise everything last minute I really just try to memorise everything. :biggrin: It usually works but I would strictly advise to not write notes if it is not beneficial to you as this will be then a waste of time. I just write down the key bits and highlight these. The specification is key to success! The specification just has everything nicely written down and tells me what I need to know for the exam. :h:
Original post by etata
I'm pretty sure it'll still be worth it haha, what are you taking?

Philosophy, English lit, history
whats this thing called 'revising'?
Reply 16
Thank you guys for the overwleming support and advice! hope you all do great in ur exams!
Reply 17
Original post by Arvin Bhambra

i think it might be a tad late to start now bro... xD
Original post by nj1234
i think it might be a tad late to start now bro... xD

lol im a BTEC Retard mate aint no revision in my dictionary
Reply 19
Original post by Arvin Bhambra

i think its a tad bit late to start now bro... xD

Quick Reply