The Student Room Group

I think Britain is going to remain in the EU.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Roast
As much as I want us to leave, the reality is that we probably won't.

It's depressing.

IKR. Too many people can't sacrifice a small amount of "potential" loss for a) border control and b) regaining our sovereignty. They are too concerned about being a few thousand worse off a year- boo hoo. What happened to national identity and patriotism?!

Original post by Maker
There is not point having more than on referendum per generation, otherwise the losing side will keep on wanting them and people will get pissed off having to listen to a load of dimwits going on about Brexit all the time and no one would bother turning out to vote and the vote would be irrelevant.

The only exception is if there is a Brexit and the economy goes down the drain and hundreds of thousands lose their jobs, then people would demand another referendum.

Why do people say stuff like this (your last sentence):angry: That is called scaremongering!!! Economics have forecasted a "worst case scenario" and no hundreds of thousands wouldn't lose their jobs and the economy would not "go down the drain". I feel sorry that you are so afraid!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tanyapotter
If they were a majority (which I find unlikely at this point or in the future) then they certainly wouldn't be silent about it :redface:

Most people, unlike us. Don't see the point in shouting about their political affiliation. You'll see.
I hope people see sense and vote to remain...
Original post by pereira325
IKR. Too many people can't sacrifice a small amount of "potential" loss for a) border control and b) regaining our sovereignty. They are too concerned about being a few thousand worse off a year- boo hoo. What happened to national identity and patriotism?!

Why do people say stuff like this (your last sentence):angry: That is called scaremongering!!! Economics have forecasted a "worst case scenario" and no hundreds of thousands wouldn't lose their jobs and the economy would not "go down the drain". I feel sorry that you are so afraid!

GDP per capita plays a bigger role in the average person's life than patriotism.
(edited 7 years ago)
what are the pros of leaving , i don't see any?
Original post by Fudge2
Justification?

because the EU runs on protectionism
Original post by Alexion
I hope people see sense and vote to remain...

what do you mean? why would sense = remain?
Reply 27
I'm pretty sure most people will vote leave but it will be rigged because the rich people want to stay and they have the real control so we will end up staying
Original post by sleepysnooze
what do you mean? why would sense = remain?

I'm an awful debater so I won't try and contest that, but yeah, my point stands :yep:
Reply 29
We will probably stay, yeah.
Original post by Alexion
I'm an awful debater so I won't try and contest that, but yeah, my point stands :yep:

...errr what? how does your point stand given the fact that you've revealed that you can't argue for it?
...errr what? how does your point stand given the fact that you've revealed that you can't argue for it?

I couldn't argue for anything :tongue:
Reply 32
Original post by Alexion

teach me these arguing skills bro
Yup, this is gonna end like how Scotland tried to divorce England. :woo:

Spoiler

i think that we'll stay:h:
Original post by Alexion
I couldn't argue for anything :tongue:

why can't you just tell me what you mean by the sense of remaining? I'm really wanting to understand - if you do understand, why can't you explain it?
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
teach me these arguing skills bro

:u:

why can't you just tell me what you mean by the sense of remaining? I'm really wanting to understand - if you do understand, why can't you explain it?

I've heard a lot of arguments, and none seem to end with a positive (and realistic) outcome if we leave...
Original post by Alexion
:u:

I've heard a lot of arguments, and none seem to end with a positive (and realistic) outcome if we leave...

yeah what arguments?

Surely you should know by now the benefits of remaining in the EU? If you really want to understand, a simple google search will answer your questions.
Original post by tanyapotter
Surely you should know by now the benefits of remaining in the EU? If you really want to understand, a simple google search will answer your questions.

yeah and I couldn't find any, not any that I would find credible - if the EU fosters massively protectionist policies, forcing consumers to prop up failing european companies and forcing them to pay for less efficient and more expensive products, how is that good? the EU traps us in this protectionist dungeon and if we were outside of it we wouldn't have to put up with it

Quick Reply

Latest