Original post by Numero Uno
what percentage of the paper is part b

Got it 25%
Original post by Numero Uno
Got it 25%

20%

If you dont count the first four theory based marks its 15%
Original post by wjecishell
Hi, i have a question regarding AA923's predicted questions mock paper.

for part "(b) Encoding value judgements from a questionnaire can often lead to inaccurate results. Explain with the use of two appropriate examples why this may happen. [2x2]"

Could you please provide an answer for this as i have no clue how to answer this particular question especially the examples.

Thank you!

An answer you can just paste onto the exam for the full marks every for a question like this:

'Coarsening data can lead to loss of precision (1) for example when light brown, dark brown and mousy brown are all classed as brown(1), additionally, encoding of value judgements can lead to inconsistencies(1) for example if a questionnaire asking customers at a restaurant whether they thought the meal was 'excellent, very good, good, OK, or poor' An very good meal for one person is only a good meal for another(1)'
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you very much!!
Original post by PedanticStudent
Yes circle it as you answer the question

Alright thank you, I didn't know we could do this :smile:
Original post by emanny
When referencing screenshots, it's page number, if like 3 screenshots on one feature showing before, during and after you'd separate them I.e 7a, 7b, 7c then cell number of where the feature is. E.g. page 7, 7a , cell number d5. Examiner won't give any marks for section b if no page numbers is present & probably cell numbers too. I don't think circling is a good idea. And screenshots shouldn't contain any description of features also.

Why don't you think circling is a good idea?

My screenshots don't have cell numbers in so its too late to change it?

Any other recommendations?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using wireless systems
Original post by collegestudentc

You don't have much of a choice. That will have to do. Unless you can edit your screenshots and reprint, then convince your exams officer to accept them before 8am Monday.
Original post by lemonandlime1
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using wireless systems

In what context?
Reply 130
I just made the mark schemes into notes for my reviosion. Going well. I can see there being a really high chance of encoding data coming up and crime. Unfortunatelty I can see learning coming up as the essay question but would like home entertainment. Hope the spreadsheet questions will be kind to us. Heres for hoping. Good luck everyone!
Original post by AF28
I just made the mark schemes into notes for my reviosion. Going well. I can see there being a really high chance of encoding data coming up and crime. Unfortunatelty I can see learning coming up as the essay question but would like home entertainment. Hope the spreadsheet questions will be kind to us. Heres for hoping. Good luck everyone!

See this to make it easier to see what could come up, I also think learning could come up, but home entertainment could also easily come up. Revising from mark schemes is the way forward! All the best.
Ha's anyone done any concise good noted on all the acts. Like the Data Protection Act, Computer Misuse act, Copyright Act, Electronic Communication Act, and any others. Thanx
Reply 133

Well how would you direct them to the location of the feature apart from the page numbers. It just wouldn't look right & examiners are lazy + they mark harshly. But if you have no choice I guess it's all you can do. When I did the exam last year my teacher was pretty strict on the structure but you might get away with it.
what are the uses of ict for home entertainment
Is interactive tv classed as one including online gambling/shopping/booking or are all these separate points

Could you just lost the uses of ict in home entertainment pleasr
go for music downloads, social networking, games and mobile phones i say

they are all completely different and clearly distinct points, you are least likely to repeat an advantage or disadvantage this way too.
I am aware that there is 80 UMS available for coursework and 120 available for the exam.

My question is what are the overall grade boundaries, so out of 200 UMS how much gets you what grade.

Thanks
I am aware that there is 80 UMS available for coursework and 120 available for the exam.

My question is what are the overall grade boundaries, so out of 200 UMS how much gets you what grade.

Thanks

A: 160
B: 140
C: 120
D: 100
E: 80
U: 79 OR BELOW

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 138
Original post by OwenSallows
Pretty sure that is it for web pages, this is from the spec:
Web Authoring(Web Pages) - hyperlinks, formatting, use of animation, frames, HTML(note - understanding of the programming is not required).

which question and from which year does it have HTML ?
Reply 139
and what mark out of 80 Are you guys aiming for and what do u realistically think you will get ?

Quick Reply

Latest