This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Anyone mind if I private message them? Don't want to trigger anyone

Go ahead if you still need to :smile:
Reply 721
As it turns out, I've had OCD my whole life!
I was thinking earlier that I've experienced these symptoms before. Then I realized: Throughout my whole life, I've always been washing my hands after being in situations I don't consider clean.
I was shocked but it's true!
If you don't know about my OCD, please feel free to ask me about it.
But now I'm depressed that I'll never get rid of it :frown:
Life sucks at times!
Having my condition has psychologically scarred me :s-smilie: its annoying bc I think I'm whining now and people are taking even though I know they don't want to and are listening just to be nice
I just really badly overreacted and lost control for the first time in a while, I was crying so hard that it woke all of my family up :s I'm worried how they will react tomorrow and I just feel completely awful for getting upset over nothing, and the situation that set me off was kind of my fault too :frown:
Been seeing a counsellor for the last couple of months about my depression. One of the things I've discussed is my lonliness from not having enough close friends or even a decent social circle, as I rely on my boyfriend a lot. I've made many attempts over the years to reach out to people, most of them failing and the rejections getting me down. Even staying in student halls has been really disappointing for the social life. I was worried that maybe I have some sort of social disorder, but my counsellor thinks I put myself down too much and that I probably just keep meeting the wrong people. Maybe my suspicions are right and the world just isn't as lovely as I'd like it to be :sad:. I dunno what to think really, but I just want to stop feeling lonely and depressed all the time.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Been seeing a counsellor for the last couple of months about my depression. One of the things I've discussed is my lonliness from not having enough close friends or even a decent social circle, as I rely on my boyfriend a lot. I've made many attempts over the years to reach out to people, most of them failing and the rejections getting me down. Even staying in student halls has been really disappointing for the social life. I was worried that maybe I have some sort of social disorder, but my counsellor thinks I put myself down too much and that I probably just keep meeting the wrong people. Maybe my suspicions are right and the world just isn't as lovely as I'd like it to be :sad:. I dunno what to think really, but I just want to stop feeling lonely and depressed all the time.

:hello: I'm sorry to hear about your depression :hugs: I think that a lot actually but I've only recently come to realise that I'm not really lonely and that bc I keep thinking that I am is why I can't really see the support I'm getting. :lovehug:
ED TW

Spoiler

My boss knew I had MH problems but he didn't know my diagnosis. He asked me today and was totally cool with it (schizophrenia)
I hate palpitations :cry2: I always seem to get a lot more when I don't get much sleep and I got none last night because it was so warm and I kept having panics and felt restless. As drained as I am, I am ok today, just hate these palpitations. Even though I've had them all my life, they still stop me in my tracks
Original post by Spock's Socks
I hate palpitations :cry2: I always seem to get a lot more when I don't get much sleep and I got none last night because it was so warm and I kept having panics and felt restless. As drained as I am, I am ok today, just hate these palpitations. Even though I've had them all my life, they still stop me in my tracks

Awww can relate to that a lot :hugs: hope you feel better soon x

--------
Apparently I have been worrying someone in real life. I literally had no idea this was the case but apparently they could tell I wasn't right because they brought it up and said so.
As I say people know more than they let on I feel..
Anyways feel ok for once, a bit excited :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
:hello: I'm sorry to hear about your depression :hugs: I think that a lot actually but I've only recently come to realise that I'm not really lonely and that bc I keep thinking that I am is why I can't really see the support I'm getting. :lovehug:

Thanks for the hug :hugs:. I guess I just have to accept that for whatever reason, I'm just never gonna be a popular person, and I'll just concentrate on my relationships with my boyfriend, family and my one female friend, as well as my hobbies :yep:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Thanks for the hug :hugs:. I guess I just have to accept that for whatever reason, I'm just never gonna be a popular person, and I'll just concentrate on my relationships with my boyfriend, family and my one female friend, as well as my hobbies :yep:

:hugs: I know how you feel. I don't really have friends either, I generally just do things with my spouse all the time. I started a new university course in January and although I made like 5 friends we never went anywhere, they were just people to talk to during/before class. It often upsets me that I'm not more popular but I think you have a good plan here - concentrate on your boyfriend and family and try to enjoy things that way.

I've forgotten (sorry), what are you actually doing at this stage in your life? Are you working/uni?
Original post by Noodlzzz
My boss knew I had MH problems but he didn't know my diagnosis. He asked me today and was totally cool with it (schizophrenia)

I'm so glad to hear that, it's really awesome. :smile:

I'm so scared that my MH diagnosis will get in the way of my career. :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
:hugs: I know how you feel. I don't really have friends either, I generally just do things with my spouse all the time. I started a new university course in January and although I made like 5 friends we never went anywhere, they were just people to talk to during/before class. It often upsets me that I'm not more popular but I think you have a good plan here - concentrate on your boyfriend and family and try to enjoy things that way.

I've forgotten (sorry), what are you actually doing at this stage in your life? Are you working/uni?

I'm exactly the same. I haven't seen my friends in years and I'm not sure they are that bothered in seeing me any more.

I just keep my self occupied now. As pathetic as it sounds I get most of my social contact through the internet these days. Talking on IRC and via forums and stuff keeps me in touch with people which does the job.

I'm so scared that my MH diagnosis will get in the way of my career. :frown:

Me too. I want to be a mental health nurse but am scared that the scars on my arms will stop me getting a job
Original post by Cinnie
Me too. I want to be a mental health nurse but am scared that the scars on my arms will stop me getting a job

Same. I'm doing a course in nursing atm and although it's not yet specialized I think mental health nursing interests me most but like you I have a lot of scars. :frown:

I had three courses of laser treatment on my scars and it really helped but the guy who did it is from out of town and said it's too far for just one patient so I have no idea when/if he's coming back.

No worries, I hardly post on here anymore so it's easy to lose track on what I'm doing. I've been in college for the past two years studying an HND, and have only 2 weeks till I finish. Afterwards, I plan to continue working my zero hours job during the summer, and then eventually look for a full time job :smile:, which is hopefully easier this time round now that there's no recession anymore. I was considering uni, but I'm probably leaving that idea now due to various reasons.

Thanks for your reply :hugs:. I hope uni is going well for you so far :yep:
New temp flat has a better room but the kitchen is a mess. Hope everyone is ok. :hugs:
Feeling so shaky right now. Was completely fine this morning, and did a few hours of productive revision, and now I'm just wound up and anxious. Stopped studying two hours ago and need to get back to it, but I feel like I can't leave my house to go to the library - worried that I'll end up with a complete panic attack.
Constantly feeling sick and dizzy with anxiety at the moment; cannot wait for exams to be over.