The Student Room Group

Is it racist?

To not find one person of another race to be attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2

But how would it be racist?
no, thats like saying its sexist to not like one gender over another.
Reply 4
No it's not racist
It's not racist, neither is it anything to be offended over. I just hate it when people call an entire race ugly especially when it's their own. It's so rude and unnecessary.
(edited 7 years ago)
It isn't racist, it's merely a preference. However. a lot of people associate an attraction to one race as racist because those sort of people then act on that in real life and treat one race differently which some people see as racist.

Anyway, you don't call a gay man a misogynist do you?
Reply 7
No, it's not.

I would only get into a relationship with someone who has my own culture. That doesn't mean I find everyone else unattractive or generally unsuitable.
Its racial discrimination

Why do you think one race will be a better partner than the other?
No. Some people like light hair, some people like dark hair; some people like light eyes, some people like dark eyes; some people like light skin, some people like dark skin. Just the typical shape of someone's facial features of a particular race may not be to someone's fancy either.
Original post by Multiculturalism
Its racial discrimination

Why do you think one race will be a better partner than the other?

It's typically purely from an aesthetic point of view when people aren't attracted to people of a certain race.
Original post by loveleest
It's not racist, neither is is anything to be offended over. I just hate it when people call an entire race ugly especially when it's their own. It's so rude and unnecessary.

This sums it up perfectly.
Original post by WoodyMKC
It's typically purely from an aesthetic point of view when people aren't attracted to people of a certain race.

Well then its the fault of the whitewashing and colorist media and fashion industries.
Well then its the fault of the whitewashing and colorist media and fashion industries.

no its not

this is simply not true. is it sexist that i like men not women? is it discrimination that i tend not to find ginger guys physically attractive, or guys who are overly muscly? No, it is not.

I swear soon enough we won't even be able to describe a piece of furniture as black/brown/white for fear of being accused of racism. I mean, just look at poor baa baa black sheep, whose name was accused of racism. It's ridiculous.
Original post by subjunctivehistorian
this is simply not true. is it sexist that i like men not women? is it discrimination that i tend not to find ginger guys physically attractive, or guys who are overly muscly? No, it is not.

I swear soon enough we won't even be able to describe a piece of furniture as black/brown/white for fear of being accused of racism. I mean, just look at poor baa baa black sheep, whose name was accused of racism. It's ridiculous.

Well it is not really ridiculous if black people are offended by the poem.
Original post by Blue_Mason

people are offended by everything
It is not racist because you can't help who you fall in love with!! :biggrin:
Original post by Blue_Mason

Well if they are offended then I really do think they are either overly sensitive or have a chip on their shoulder about being black. The nursery rhyme merely describes the black sheep, whose wool happens to be black. It's not saying that having black wool is a bad thing. It's not joyfully describing a black sheep being punished by white sheep. It's merely describing its colour. If that causes offence, then you're being over sensitive. That would be like me being offended by the song 'white horse' by Taylor Swift. It's just ridiculous.
Reply 19
NO!

Quick Reply

Latest