The Student Room Group

Am I overreacting?

So I have been having some friendship issues lately. I told my best friend All about it and his response was ''forget them we'll do something for your birthday''. He even said i would be coming out with him and his friends because they always go out spontaneously. This was on more than one occasion. I thought it would be good to go out with a different group of people.

Yesterday I mentioned a place I'd like to go for my birthday and he replies to say he has made other plans and probably won't be able to make it. I am totally pissed off, I can't lie. I actually thought he was being serious about doing something spontaneous at least.

Am I overreacting about this?
I wouldn't be too happy tbh. It's your birthday. Not theirs.
Original post by phunky_fresh
So I have been having some friendship issues lately. I told my best friend All about it and his response was ''forget them we'll do something for your birthday''. He even said i would be coming out with him and his friends because they always go out spontaneously. This was on more than one occasion. I thought it would be good to go out with a different group of people.

Yesterday I mentioned a place I'd like to go for my birthday and he replies to say he has made other plans and probably won't be able to make it. I am totally pissed off, I can't lie. I actually thought he was being serious about doing something spontaneous at least.

Am I overreacting about this?

No I don't think you are. You are hurt ,I would be hurt too. I know it's hard but don't take it too personal :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tiger Rag
I wouldn't be too happy tbh. It's your birthday. Not theirs.

Original post by velvetsky
No I don't think you are. You are hurt ,I would be hurt too. I know it's hard but don't take it too personal :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm trying not to take it to heart. I know the world doesn't revolve around me just thought my friend would stick to his word.

Well out of the 10 friends I invited out only two can come. Was so close to cancelling, but I'll go hopefully I'll meet some new people and I have a great evening.

Quick Reply

Latest