The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly
@Dirtybit

I can see it already.

All season: Rooney -> right diag -> valencia -> cross -> zlatan. rinse and repeat till goal.

That's Plan A.

Plan B is even better. Long ball from Varane up to Fellaini (#10), knocks it down for Zlatan who buries a volley into the postage stamp.
Ngl, I can really get on board with Zlatan being in the PL. Him and the media are bound to have a few kick-offs.
Original post by trapking
I think Vardy will do very well at Arsenal he will have much better service and he's better at finishing than Giroud.

Idk just the way leicester was set up for him. Arsenal wont play the same way. He's a good finisher no doubt but i still feel majority of his goals were on the counter. how often are arsenal playing counter attacking, they tend to dominate possession. I didnt watch all the leicester games so i could be wrong about his goals being on the counter.

Off topic at least we have someone decent on set pieces now. Sick of watchin depay and rooney hit the wall or miss the goal completely.
We're actually signing Zlatan. This won't sink in for a while.

CB & RW and we're good to go.
Original post by Rk2k14

Lol'd at "Arsenal" for number 4.

Praying Zlatan becomes another Falcao but I doubt it.

With Martial, Zlatan and a new winger, you're sorted up front.
With a new CB, you're sorted in defence.
The only issue could be midfield but honestly Mourinho just has to make a few quality signings and your first team will be phenomenal.

I don't like it.
Eric Bailly.

Thoughts?
(edited 7 years ago)
Never heard of him but I trust Mourinho when it comes to defenders.
Not a peep from SkySports.

Expecting them to come in with the usual "Sky sources understand Manchester United are close to signing Bailly".

EDIT: Right on cue.
Manchester United are in talks with Villarreal to sign Ivory Coast international Eric Bailly, according to Sky sources.
Sky Sports News HQ understands United are not the only club trying to sign Bailly, with Manchester City, Barcelona, and Paris St Germain all also in talks with the La Liga club.
I agree with Sr when it comes to defenders mourinho knows his **** and will only sign someone of high quality in that position!

Hope we complete the deal, never heard of him but he could be a great addition to the team :smile:
Original post by sr90
We're actually signing Zlatan. This won't sink in for a while.

CB & RW and we're good to go.

We'll sign a CM too. Unless you want to see Fellaini so more...
Zlatan + new CB (looks to be Bailly) and Sanches would have been a GOAT transfer window.

inb4 we bid for Nainggolan.
Its good news if we're only signing the one defender this summer, means the likes of fosu-mensah and borthwick jackson will be given their chance in the team next season hopefully.
RB: Darmian, fosu-mensah
CB: Smalling, Bailly, Jones, Rojo
LB: Shaw, jackson

i think the likes of mcnair, varela, blackett could be moved on. Blind as well if we're going to consider him as a defender.
Original post by Dirtybit
We'll sign a CM too. Unless you want to see Fellaini so more...

Yeh we probably will and i'd lov us to bring in a top quality midfielder but starting the season with Schneiderlin & Schweinsteiger won't be the worst thing in the world. I'm sure we won't need to though.

We still need a CB even if we sign this Bailly kid. Rojo is useless, Jones isn't a footballer and Blind won't play at CB again.
Original post by Rk2k14
Eric Bailly.

Thoughts?

He would be the perfect CAM under Mourinho right? A real hardworking defensive player
Wow that's a sharp haircut @Bailly
Might TFM cover for Bailly then when he heads to ACON?

Latest