The Student Room Group

Can anyone just please answe my question?

How many paragraphs do you have to do for Question 5 and 6 for English aqa?
There isn't a set number that you have to write, as long as you include everything you need to.
Original post by Divinchi
How many paragraphs do you have to do for Question 5 and 6 for English aqa?

As above, there isn't a set limit, but I'd make sure you write a lot more for the higher marked question as once I got marked down for it on a mock. :h:
Reply 3
Original post by flyingpanda
As above, there isn't a set limit, but I'd make sure you write a lot more for the higher marked question as once I got marked down for it on a mock. :h:

would 3 - 4 detailed be good for Q 5 and 5 detailed for Q 6?
Original post by Divinchi
would 3 - 4 detailed be good for Q 5 and 5 detailed for Q 6?

Isn't this the writing section? (Not done English in a year)

If so, don't give yourself a set number of paragraphs you want to do. When writing it would be good to vary your paragraph lengths for effect. And as you have a lot of time to spend on this section, I would definitely say to do more and not make them too lengthy (like massive essays for each paragraph.)

This isn't like the reading section, where you have to have structured paragraphs following PEEL. Instead, you go with the flow, and write so that you are answering the question but in a way that is enjoyable to read.

Also, as one of them I know is about being persuasive, you add in a variety of persuasive techniques, like clusters of three, hyperbole (exaggeration), rhetorical question etc.
Reply 5
you do 6 paragraphs for Q6 and 5 for Q5...
Reply 6
Original post by flyingpanda
Isn't this the writing section? (Not done English in a year)

If so, don't give yourself a set number of paragraphs you want to do. When writing it would be good to vary your paragraph lengths for effect. And as you have a lot of time to spend on this section, I would definitely say to do more and not make them too lengthy (like massive essays for each paragraph.)

This isn't like the reading section, where you have to have structured paragraphs following PEEL. Instead, you go with the flow, and write so that you are answering the question but in a way that is enjoyable to read.

Also, as one of them I know is about being persuasive, you add in a variety of persuasive techniques, like clusters of three, hyperbole (exaggeration), rhetorical question etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending