The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
the corpse?
Reply 2
if this is true, then I'm going to buy a pet and murder it on my exam day
Original post by tterb
the corpse?

right... you're gonna post the corpse to the exam headquarters...
Reply 4
Original post by Don Joiner
Hi, I won't go into too much detail but I have a pet which is pretty ill and not likely to make it over the next few days, I've heard of things about extra % added on if your pet dies on the day of an exam and idk whether this is true?

And how do you prove to an exam board that your pet has died? :frown: I can't think of any evidence you could show them

Posted from TSR Mobile

You get an extra 5% added onto your marks, so if you had 78/100 you end up with 81.9/100, but that's only if your pet died to due an accident or something bad rather than old age or sickness. To prove it, you need to send them a picture of the pet.
Reply 5
Original post by Yua

:biggrin::biggrin::p: That's very devious of you
Original post by Yua

Original post by Yua

the pet you'll buy will haunt your future days...:colonhash:
Reply 8
Original post by rayestar
right... you're gonna post the corpse to the exam headquarters...

take a quick pic and take another one with your face in it just for the evidence to be a tad more solid
Does a goldfish count
Original post by tterb
take a quick pic and take another one with your face in it just for the evidence to be a tad more solid

maybe smile in the picture too? :colone:
Reply 11
Original post by Miffy98
You get an extra 5% added onto your marks, so if you had 78/100 you end up with 81.9/100, but that's only if your pet died to due an accident or something bad rather than old age or sickness. To prove it, you need to send them a picture of the pet.

I doubt that they'd get an extra 5%. Probably 1-2%...
5% is only reserved for extreme circumstances (diagnosis of life threatening disease / chemotherapy / death of close relatives).
Wow is this really true?
As you may have gathered, best not to expect mature or serious responses from a site that is literally full of kids, trying to impress each other.

If there are exceptional circumstances, like illness or death, you can have your mark adjusted as you say, though it only adds a mark or two in reality. That's all that'll happen. As for proof, ask the school or exam board, but presumably a death certificate or some sort of communiqué from the vet is what's needed.
Reply 14
okay genuinely thought this was a troll question so, some research:
Recent death of parent or close relative - 5%
Recent death of distant family member - 4%
Witness to distressing event on day of exam - 3%
Hay fever - 2%
Death of family pet on day of exam - 2%
Pet dies day before exam - 1%
Headache - 1%

literally i always have hay fever, headaches, and a barrage of myoclonic seizures throughout exam season lmao... this could've boosted 2 of my AS grades from last year into the next grade. :/
Original post by Arima
Hay fever - 2%
Headache - 1%

literally i always have hay fever, headaches, and a barrage of myoclonic seizures throughout exam season lmao... this could've boosted 2 of my AS grades from last year into the next grade. :/

hayfever is 2%!!?? wow
If this is causing you great depression then I could see this as plausible.
Original post by Don Joiner
Hi, I won't go into too much detail but I have a pet which is pretty ill and not likely to make it over the next few days, I've heard of things about extra % added on if your pet dies on the day of an exam and idk whether this is true?

And how do you prove to an exam board that your pet has died? :frown: I can't think of any evidence you could show them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I feel genuinely sorry for you :console:

Is it just sickness or is it getting old too? :frown:
I'm so surprised that you only get 5% added. If my cat died old age or by accident before the exam, i'm pretty sure i'd just end up failing irregardless of any % addition, because it'd be 0/whatever anyway.
Original post by Arima
Hay fever - 2%
Headache - 1%

Do you know if these stack?

For example, if I were to get all of these at once would I be able to get an amazing 18% boost to my mark?

Latest