The Student Room Group

Re-take yay or nay

Hello
I'm currently doing AS level and was wondering if you can retake one exam from one subject next year
E.g : is it possible to retake C1 maths but C1 only instead of re doing the whole of AS maths
Original post by TaraMott
Hello
I'm currently doing AS level and was wondering if you can retake one exam from one subject next year
E.g : is it possible to retake C1 maths but C1 only instead of re doing the whole of AS maths

yes altho it costs like £80 to do a resit
Reply 2
Yes you can! You do have to pay to resit but I am 90% it's not about £80. I think it depends on the exam board but I retook two WJEC AS exams this year and i think they cost about £21 each. I still have the resit letter for this year and although they could change next year I listed them below so you have an idea of how much it could cost.
AQA
£21.05 per unit

EDEXCEL £24.30 per unit

OCR £22.30 per unit

WJEC
£15.32 per unit
Original post by elishia
Yes you can! You do have to pay to resit but I am 90% it's not about £80. I think it depends on the exam board but I retook two WJEC AS exams this year and i think they cost about £21 each. I still have the resit letter for this year and although they could change next year I listed them below so you have an idea of how much it could cost.
AQA
£21.05 per unit

EDEXCEL £24.30 per unit

OCR £22.30 per unit

WJEC
£15.32 per unit

it could be that cheap, if I take spanish next year we have to resit AS regardless of our results and our teacher said it cost £80
Reply 4
Wow that really sucks, I dont think I could afford to resit if mine cost that much. why do you have to resit regardless of results? (If you don't mind me asking)
Original post by elishia
Wow that really sucks, I dont think I could afford to resit if mine cost that much. why do you have to resit regardless of results? (If you don't mind me asking)

some subjects are what i think they call linear, so your grade in AS counts towards a percentage of your A2 grade, so they make you resit it to boost your A2 grade.

However theyre changing it now for most subjects, for example, my spanish course this year is the last year that it will be linear, new specification next year.
Reply 6
Original post by KloppOClock
some subjects are what i think they call linear, so your grade in AS counts towards a percentage of your A2 grade, so they make you resit it to boost your A2 grade.

However theyre changing it now for most subjects, for example, my spanish course this year is the last year that it will be linear, new specification next year.

Ohh I think I understand. I'm not sure what to say now. Sorry if my "im 90% sure its not £80" comment sounded a bit pissy, just read it again and i think it sounds a bit arrogant and it definitely wasnt meant to be. Anyway, good luck with exams! I hope you get good grades and all that jazz
Original post by elishia
Ohh I think I understand. I'm not sure what to say now. Sorry if my "im 90% sure its not £80" comment sounded a bit pissy, just read it again and i think it sounds a bit arrogant and it definitely wasnt meant to be. Anyway, good luck with exams! I hope you get good grades and all that jazz

no hahaha it was fine, i didnt mean to come off as if i was offended :biggrin:

also thanks, im gonna need all the luck i can get
Original post by TaraMott
Thank you
I think I didn't do too well in C1 whereas C2 was fine so was hoping 1 resist was possible

i messed up my C1 as well, just try not to have to resit too many exams or your next year will be hell
Reply 9
Original post by elishia

I'm hoping for an A in maths (edexcel) and because its modular, this year will count so I don't want to have to re do the whole course when I only messed up on one , although S1 exam is in 10 days so I'll have to see how that goes too

Quick Reply

Latest