The Student Room Group

Aqa english lang gcse

I am slightly perplexed if in Question 2 of the Language paper, are you awarded marks if you talk about the typography? For example; its bold and stands out to the reader.
If this is regarding the AQA Language paper (4705), then yes you will; however I recommend you don't talk about the typography as that is very basic and the marks awarded 'I think' would be sustainably low. I suggest you think outside the box and use devices of oxymoron, & contrasting words etc.. Also when talking about the headline explain why it's also effective.

Best Of Luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Argo00
I am slightly perplexed if in Question 2 of the Language paper, are you awarded marks if you talk about the typography? For example; its bold and stands out to the reader.

You can but I think it's considered very band 1ish. It's better to focus on the language and features used :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by TheReminded
If this is regarding the AQA Language paper (4705), then yes you will; however I recommend you don't talk about the typography as that is very basic and the marks awarded 'I think' would be sustainably low. I suggest you think outside the box and use devices of oxymoron, & contrasting words etc.. Also when talking about the headline explain why it's also effective.

Best Of Luck!

Ahh thanks a lot. May I ask, by 'effective' what do you mean?
Reply 4
Original post by luciie
You can but I think it's considered very band 1ish. It's better to focus on the language and features used :smile:

Yeah, I believe you're right. Think its very over used too and time wasting. Thank you very much for your reply :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Argo00
Yeah, I believe you're right. Think its very over used too and time wasting. Thank you very much for your reply :smile:

You're welcome! Good luck with the exam :smile:
Original post by Argo00
Ahh thanks a lot. May I ask, by 'effective' what do you mean?

For example, lets say the title is 'Joy & Misery'. Here you would state the use of 'juxtaposition' straight after this you would give your opinion on why it is effective, "It gives a hindsight that article may express the side of the positives and negatives." and relate to the article and reader as well.

Kinda hope that helps!
Reply 7
Original post by TheReminded
For example, lets say the title is 'Joy & Misery'. Here you would state the use of 'juxtaposition' straight after this you would give your opinion on why it is effective, "It gives a hindsight that article may express the side of the positives and negatives." and relate to the article and reader as well.

Kinda hope that helps!

Oh wow great! Thanks a lot :smile: Would that be oxymoron too?
Original post by Argo00
Oh wow great! Thanks a lot :smile: Would that be oxymoron too?

Sure would! I also would recommend you to watch a selection of videos from 'Mr Bruff' he's great at this language course. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Argo00

NEVER SAY THAT. My teacher said you won't be awarded if you say that.

Quick Reply

Latest