The Student Room Group

Why do girls pretend to have ridiculously high standards?

I see so many girls on this site and in real life who seem to refuse to admit that any male is attractive, including celebrities and models asides from one or two of these celebrities they have "crushes" on. I once heard someone claim Brad Pitt was ugly because his nose is too big, and zac efron is 'too feminine'. Seriously I understand not finding them your type but why pretend someone who's attractive is ugly? Small flaws like this do not make someone who's face is otherwise perfect a 2/10.

Also in real life you'll get girls complain that everyone in their sixth form is ugly then end up dating one of these "ugly" boys. It's quite obvious that a lot of girls find more boys attractive than they let on so why exactly pretend you find everyone but 0.1% of the population hideous? I'll admit I'm making a vast generalization here but its behaviour that a LOT of girls seem to engage in so I'm just curious as to why this is.

Scroll to see replies

you sound a bit salty mate, calm
Oh wow-a genuine post....ummmmmm how to answer?? Ok-well I actually see where you are coming from, and I totally get you, thing is with me, answer to your title is mainly because they have that dream guy, which is very unlikely for one to meet...but it's nice having those expectations. And tbh I have never judged a guy on his looks-I think that is beyond rude, mainly because I know that there is someone out there who completely better than me, in every way and I know that there will always be someone prettier than myself...
ikr some girls act like the sht when they got some fat cottage cheese lookin ass like bch plz that sht doesn't even fit my macros
Mate calm down - they're only joking. They don't wholeheartedly mean it.
My standards are relatively low, as long as you don't look as if your from an anti drugs campaign, I'll speak to you lmao☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Well if they have particularly low ones they're called whores...
Someone posted a pic of this riduclously good looking guy and asked the girls to rate him and he averaged 6 - 7s.

He was a 9. Easily. The kid looked like a model.

Standards do seem high on here. Oh well. Who cares.
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
Oh wow-a genuine post....ummmmmm how to answer?? Ok-well I actually see where you are coming from, and I totally get you, thing is with me, answer to your title is mainly because they have that dream guy, which is very unlikely for one to meet...but it's nice having those expectations. And tbh I have never judged a guy on his looks-I think that is beyond rude, mainly because I know that there is someone out there who completely better than me, in every way and I know that there will always be someone prettier than myself...

Thats not true, cliche as it is, you have something no one else does, whether its your skills/quirks/kindness/curiosity/mindset/ability to see certain things in others, tbh the fact that you dont judge a guy by his looks is already amazing, most ppl inevitably do, so dont put yourself down like that! :h:

also beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Reply 9
Original post by copperlin
you sound a bit salty mate, calm

lol
I haven't seen this irl, but it happens on TSR because its easy for people on the internet to be extremely choosy. Girls be saying they want a 7ft guy with green eyes and multicolour glowing hair but they will obviously lower standards to something resonable irl
Majority of tsr members are average looking
Reply 12
Relative judgement of attractiveness between the sexes is interesting..check these out

Attachment not found

Attachment not found
Original post by Blue_Mason
Majority of tsr members are average looking

The majority of everyone is average looking
i legit dont like the two you mentioned though :/ yh they may have nice bodies, but their faces dont do it for me
Original post by Zargabaath
The majority of everyone is average looking

Not really, you can be averagely good looking,or below average.
But in reality girls can get really insecure, and do prefer to be with an average or safe guy, as they do not want the pretty boy model.
Reply 16
Original post by Blue_Mason
Not really, you can be averagely good looking,or below average.
But in reality girls can get really insecure, and do prefer to be with an average or safe guy, as they do not want the pretty boy model.

Not true
Original post by mero22
Not true

I guarantee you that most of the girls on tsr will end up with an average looking safe guy.
Most women do in fact
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
Ok-well I actually see where you are coming from, and I totally get you, thing is with me, answer to your title is mainly because they have that dream guy, which is very unlikely for one to meet...but it's nice having those expectations.

Isn't that like constantly complaining you are poor because you haven't won the lottery? Seems more like a recipe for being miserable all the time.
Original post by hezzlington
Someone posted a pic of this riduclously good looking guy and asked the girls to rate him and he averaged 6 - 7s.

He was a 9. Easily. The kid looked like a model.

Standards do seem high on here. Oh well. Who cares.

****ing love it when people go stating subjective measures as though they're objective fact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending