The Student Room Group

British women could face Cologne-style sex attacks if we stay in the EU, says Farage.

Nigel Farage has claimed that British women will be at risk of mass sex attacks by gangs of migrants if we vote to stay in the EU.

The UKIP leader said he believes that a failure to control our borders from an influx of migrants from North Africa and Eastern Europe will result in an increased vulnerability for the female population, reports theSunday Telegraph.

Farage claimed that a difference in 'cultural' issues would contribute to the attacks and paid reference to the rapes and sexual offences alleged to have been carried out by a gang of migrants in the German city of Cologne last New Year's Eve

Read More:L

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3625475/Nigel-Farage-says-security-Britain-risk-stay-EU-ISIS-promise-flood-Continent-jihadists.html
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

inb4

It's dailymail so it's BS

Spoiler

He is absolutely and unequivocally correct, as usual. The concerns about immigration have nothing to do with race, it's about culture. Leftists simply don't understand the difference.

Farage is clearly an extraordinarily smart individual. You'd be a fool to say otherwise.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ha Ha Ha, and they say REMAIN is based on fear....
Original post by Francis Urquhart
Ha Ha Ha, and they say REMAIN is based on fear....

So you're denying this is a possibility?
Original post by The Roast
So you're denying this is a possibility?

Hi Roast, not at all not at all. It could very likely happen and i am one of those complete believers that it DID happen in Germany. I'm just simply looking at it from an EU standpoint currently, especially how the INers have been accused of scare-mongering so much i wanted to get my teeth well and truly in when the outers such as Farage did it! It was a big mistake on the BREXIT side not to let Farage play a more central role compared to the likes of the toffs of Johnson and Gove....two people that are clearly attempting to climb the increasingly greasy tory-leadership ladder.

Whilst Farage is actually a brilliant and competent communicator regardless of whether or not one agrees with him.

On the topic at hand i feel that there does need to be some sort of cultural education for those who come over here, similarly to how we and other countries expect economic migrants to assimilate.

Best regards
Francis.
Who knows what's coming down the road? Stranger things have happened.
If somebody had told me ten years ago that 1400 girls would be gang raped in one town alone here in the UK, not counting the many other towns where it has been on going, and fear of being called islamophobe or racist would lead the police and authorities in charge of looking after them to look the other way, leaving them to their fate, let alone that feminists would spend the best part of those ten years screaming racist at anyone trying to bring it all up, I wouldn't have believed that either.

sorry edited
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by WhiteMan16
Nigel Farage has claimed that British women will be at risk of mass sex attacks by gangs of migrants if we vote to stay in the EU.

The UKIP leader said he believes that a failure to control our borders from an influx of migrants from North Africa and Eastern Europe will result in an increased vulnerability for the female population, reports theSunday Telegraph.

Farage claimed that a difference in 'cultural' issues would contribute to the attacks and paid reference to the rapes and sexual offences alleged to have been carried out by a gang of migrants in the German city of Cologne last New Year's Eve

Read More:L

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3625475/Nigel-Farage-says-security-Britain-risk-stay-EU-ISIS-promise-flood-Continent-jihadists.html

Interesting you mention cologne. Its very interesting how those accused are labelled as "suspected" and nothing definitive to this day has been proven. Where are the mass arrests??Hardly any of the so called mass rapists have been jailed..why? Lack of evidence of sexual assault from these so called "rape" victims.

Its a smear tactic. Germany doesn't want migrants.

As per usual Nigel Farage is talking complete ****. If we leave the EU we'll have a flood of migrants coming in through the Eurotunnel and into Dover from Calais. Because we're in the EU the French have an obligation to protect our border which starts in Calais. They are taking responsibility of our border and stopping migrants from coming in. If we leave, they no longer have to..so you put two and two together.
(edited 7 years ago)
These attacks probably would have happened in the UK if we had been members of Schengen, but it seems unlikely to me that voting "Remain" would result in us joining Schengen.
Original post by Themini
As per usual Nigel Farage is talking complete ****. If we leave the EU we'll have a flood of migrants coming in through the Eurotunnel and into Dover from Calais. Because we're in the EU the French have an obligation to protect our border which starts in Calais.

That is not true. France doesn't have any legal obligation to let Britain establish a frontier in Calais. They do so because of a bilateral agreement between Britain and France, not because of the EU.
So he's obviously blind to the fact that mass sex attacks happen already, it's just hidden?? What a knob
Original post by Observatory
These attacks probably would have happened in the UK if we had been members of Schengen, but it seems unlikely to me that voting "Remain" would result in us joining Schengen.

Schengen stops making any difference as soon as these "refugees" become EU citizens, which only takes around 5 years.
Original post by plstudent
Schengen stops making any difference as soon as these "refugees" become EU citizens, which only takes around 5 years.

Fine but in 5 years what proportion of people who have settled in Germany and learnt German are going to move to the UK? Some are likely going to trickle in but they are not going to flood in and I doubt this trickle is going to result in riots and loss of law and order in our cities.

It is still perhaps not a good thing but it is a different sort of harm.
That is not true. France doesn't have any legal obligation to let Britain establish a frontier in Calais. They do so because of a bilateral agreement between Britain and France, not because of the EU.

Granted. However http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/03/calais-border-treaty-brexit-what-is-france-saying
“If Britain leaves Europe, right away the border will leave Calais and go to Dover,” Bertrand said last month. “We will not continue to guard the border for Britain if Britain is no longer in the European Union.”

Crystal clear. Read the entire article, it goes into detail.
(edited 7 years ago)
Fine but in 5 years what proportion of people who have settled in Germany and learnt German are going to move to the UK? Some are likely going to trickle in but they are not going to flood in and I doubt this trickle is going to result in riots and loss of law and order in our cities.

It is still perhaps not a good thing but it is a different sort of harm.

You are assuming they will learn German in 5 years. I very much doubt that will be the case. It is a difficult language to learn, and there are many cases of migrants living in parallel societies and not learning the language. As an English speaking country and a very recognizable target for migrants all over the world, the UK is the most attractive country to move to once an immigrant has acquired EU citizenship.
Original post by Themini
Granted. However http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/03/calais-border-treaty-brexit-what-is-france-saying
“If Britain leaves Europe, right away the border will leave Calais and go to Dover,” Bertrand said last month. “We will not continue to guard the border for Britain if Britain is no longer in the European Union.”

A left wing minister making empty threats... surely you can do better than that.
Original post by plstudent
You are assuming they will learn German in 5 years. I very much doubt that will be the case. It is a difficult language to learn, and there are many cases of migrants living in parallel societies and not learning the language. As an English speaking country and a very recognizable target for migrants all over the world, the UK is the most attractive country to move to once an immigrant has acquired EU citizenship.

You are postulating that there are a lot of people in Germany who are going to stay in Germany for five years and not learn German, but who do speak good English. Why would someone do this?

I have no doubt that some people currently in Germany are fluent in English, and may still choose to come to the UK for that or whatever other reason. I do doubt that this will be more than order 10% of the total, and I suspect they will be drawn disproportionately from the higher class and better educated fraction.

It's certainly not obvious to me that someone would prefer to live in the UK than Germany on purely economic grounds.
Original post by Themini

You also forgot to quote this from the article:

Spoiler

The article mentions Marine Le Pen has made threats but I find that unlikely given that she supports Brexit.

And when those migrants are given German passports? Or when the EU forces the UK to accept Schengen, what then?
Original post by Themini

France might choose to punish the UK for leaving the EU by repudiating that agreement. It equally well might do that for some other unrelated reason, or it might be blustering now and have no intention of repudiating the agreement whatever happens. The claim that the EU gives us an enforceable right to this agreement whereas leaving would remove this right is not true.

I note that a UK border in Dover does not mean that everything else about the Eurotunnel system will continue to run as before. If you want to go to the US you must prove that you have a right to enter the country. The US will deny admission to planes that do not submit this information. The same could happen to Eurotunnel trains. This would be inconvenient for the French, but it would have been their choice to make it come to that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending