The Student Room Group

Is my girlfriend pregnant??

Here is the story

My girlfriend is taking the pill, not sure which type, but its the one where you can delay periods.

She has delayed her last period because she was going on holiday which was about 6 weeks ago, and recently she has stopped taking the pill so she can come on her period.

However, she experienced period pains for about 2 days, and hasn't come on her period yet, and is due to start taking the pill again on 8th july.

Does this mean she is pregnant??
Let me consult my crystal ball
Reply 2
She should go and get it checked out, it's better to be safe than sorry!
you can buy a home pregancy testing kit at the chemist for a few £ ?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Here is the story

My girlfriend is taking the pill, not sure which type, but its the one where you can delay periods.

She has delayed her last period because she was going on holiday which was about 6 weeks ago, and recently she has stopped taking the pill so she can come on her period.

However, she experienced period pains for about 2 days, and hasn't come on her period yet, and is due to start taking the pill again on 8th july.

Do you mean 8th June? She shouldn't be taking over a month's break! If she's been taking the pill properly then chances of pregnancy are low, but if she's concerned she needs to take a test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TSR is not a pregnancy test buy one or make an appointment with her GP. Honestly abit of common sense hurts no one.
LOL baffled 🔮
Did you know that they make these handy tests that you can pee on and it'll tell you if your pregnant these days?

It's an absolute revolution in science and is EVEN MORE EFFECTIVE than asking strangers on an internet forum.

Crazy times we live in eh?
Original post by Anonymous

That will be a combined pill, one with both oestrogen and progesterone.

Any change in hormonal contraception can affect a woman's cycle, as can stress about being pregnant. This is very probably what's happening here.

The obvious thing for her to do if she's worried is to take a pregnancy test. (Own brand / pound shop ones are much cheaper than the big names.) But it's very unlikely: when taken properly, combined pills are very reliable.

The obvious thing for you to do if you're worried about her becoming pregnant is to use condoms as well as any contraception she uses.

Quick Reply

Latest