The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone think immunity might be a topic on this paper ? I know there was a bit on the last but still
Reply 521
Original post by Mubstar
WOW! THANKS SO MUCH!!!! That's great thankyou!!!

No probs.
Original post by Basically-Banter
Does anybody have predictions for the two 5 markers at the end of paper 2?
Also any tips on how to get full marks on both of those 5 markers?

One of them might be on the cardiac cycle. The heart hasn't appeared on both specimens and paper 1.Maybe something on the mass flow hypothesis for the second 5 marker, or possibly something to do with practical investigations.
Original post by Sparky2016
Does anyone think immunity might be a topic on this paper ? I know there was a bit on the last but still

Its unlikely to appear but could still come up.
Original post by WilmaWizard
Its unlikely to appear but could still come up.

What topics are you revising
Original post by Sparky2016
What topics are you revising

I'm revising everything because any unit 1-4 could appear on both papers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RKM21
Mitosis
How does variation arise in meiosis
DNA replication
Protein Synthesis - Transcription/Translation
Cohesion-Tension theory
Structure of the phloem
The cardiac cycle.
Describe the process and outline how each occurs.

Thank u soo much!!!
Can someone explain Transpiration please
What would you write about on a 5 mark cardiac cycle question? I don't understand it
Reply 529
Am i correct in saying that everything that came up in paper 1 was from sections 1+2 only
Whilst not everything from these sections appeared in the exam im thinking its wise to also re-revise these first 2 sections but focus mostly on sections 3+4.
Could anyone give me a few pointers on what not to revise from sections 1+2 (i.e what already came up on the previous exam)
and could someone please give me some examples of experiments which may come up in this next exam (as this was my downfall on paper 1)
Reply 530
On the last question for paper 1 was two of the parts these:
Mutation cause more Beta and less Alpha secret add leading to higher risk of Alzheimer's, explain how?
How could a drug that is a competitive inhibitor of Beta secretase reduce risk of Alzheimer's?
If these were the questions how many marks for each?
hey, what topics are most likely to come out for paper 2?( What didn't come out in paper 1?)
How much do we need to know about taxonomic ranking?
I only revised the Domain Kingdom Phylum Class Order Family Genus Species (order of taxonomic ranking) I haven't revised the types of domain, kingdoms etc, but they always seem to come up in PPQ?
Can someone please simply explain the formation and return of tissue fluid?
Original post by Wisteria_xo
How much do we need to know about taxonomic ranking?
I only revised the Domain Kingdom Phylum Class Order Family Genus Species (order of taxonomic ranking) I haven't revised the types of domain, kingdoms etc, but they always seem to come up in PPQ?

I've seen questions where they ask you to put the categories in order but I guess the most they ask is mainly focused on the genus and species element - organisms belong to the same species if they are able to produce fertile offspring & it's binomial name consists of Genus and species
Reply 535
Could someone list the topics that came up in the first exam for me please?:h:
Original post by The Panic Queen
I've seen questions where they ask you to put the categories in order but I guess the most they ask is mainly focused on the genus and species element - organisms belong to the same species if they are able to produce fertile offspring & it's binomial name consists of Genus and species

Ahhh I get what you mean thank you ! :smile:
Anyone go link to set 2 - specimen paper 2
:smile:
There was no questions on Protein synthesis - definitely will come up :biggrin:
Original post by SANTR
Does anyone know what is exactly meant by 'mass transport'?

same
i feel like this will come up on the exam!
can someone go over the ringing experimet and the patomter with me pls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending