The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Human paper

I study:
Changing Urban environments
Development Gap
Tourism

Does anyone have a list of the previous 8 mark questions for these and have predictions for this years paper?
Reply 1
I'm doing Development Gap and Tourism and Population Change, and yeah same I want to know what the past 8 markers were on?!
For tourism, I predict a case study for an extreme environment.

For changing urban environments I predict a case study for a squatter development scheme.

These are just plain thoughts out of the blue, based on past papers I have done but who knows. they did the Alps in the Physical and did the Alps two years back.
Reply 3
Original post by BTAnonymous
For tourism, I predict a case study for an extreme environment.

For changing urban environments I predict a case study for a squatter development scheme.

These are just plain thoughts out of the blue, based on past papers I have done but who knows. they did the Alps in the Physical and did the Alps two years back.

Yes, I thought that the extreme tourism might come up this year.
Reply 4
Original post by k1234j
I'm doing Development Gap and Tourism and Population Change, and yeah same I want to know what the past 8 markers were on?!

I found these for tourism and development
‘Effective management strategies are the key to the continuing prosperity of tourist areas in the UK.’ Use a case study of either a UK National Park or a UK coastal resort to explain this statement.(8 marks)

Use a case study of a natural hazard to explain how development can be hindered byenvironmental factors.

Use a case study to explain how ecotourism has contributed to sustainabledevelopment.

Use a case study to discuss how well an extreme environment is coping with thedevelopment of a tourist industry.

Explain how social and economic factors make global inequalities worse.

Use a case study to describe the main features of one development project.

Use a case study to explain why an area in the tropics attracts a large number oftourists.

Explain why the countries of the EU show a great difference in their levels ofdevelopment. Use evidence from two contrasting EU countries in your answer.

Choose either a National Park or a coastal resort in the UK. Describe one or more strategies that your chosen area has used to maintain asuccessful tourism industry.

Explain how international aid can encourage sustainable development in a poorcountry(ies).

Describe how a named area with an extreme environment is coping with an increasingnumber of tourists.

Choose one country in the European Union (EU) which is either rich orpoor. Describe the factors which have influenced the level of developmentreached by this country.

(THE FURTHER DOWN THE OLDER THE QUESTIONS ARE)
Reply 5
Original post by lj42_m
I found these for tourism and development
‘Effective management strategies are the key to the continuing prosperity of tourist areas in the UK.’ Use a case study of either a UK National Park or a UK coastal resort to explain this statement.(8 marks)

Use a case study of a natural hazard to explain how development can be hindered byenvironmental factors.

Use a case study to explain how ecotourism has contributed to sustainabledevelopment.

Use a case study to discuss how well an extreme environment is coping with thedevelopment of a tourist industry.

Explain how social and economic factors make global inequalities worse.

Use a case study to describe the main features of one development project.

Use a case study to explain why an area in the tropics attracts a large number oftourists.

Explain why the countries of the EU show a great difference in their levels ofdevelopment. Use evidence from two contrasting EU countries in your answer.

Choose either a National Park or a coastal resort in the UK. Describe one or more strategies that your chosen area has used to maintain asuccessful tourism industry.

Explain how international aid can encourage sustainable development in a poorcountry(ies).

Describe how a named area with an extreme environment is coping with an increasingnumber of tourists.

Choose one country in the European Union (EU) which is either rich orpoor. Describe the factors which have influenced the level of developmentreached by this country.

(THE FURTHER DOWN THE OLDER THE QUESTIONS ARE)

Thank You so much!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest