The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

Any chance someone has an essay for morale in WW2? Struggling to see how there's enough for an essay. Thanks! :smile:
Reply 161
Anyone got a good essay on "The biggest threat to Weimar Democracy in the years 1919 to 1924 was the extreme left"? - Thanks
What are the kinds of questions that can be asked for efficiency. I know its a part b and we didn't know the sources but I don't understand what type of question they ask.
Thanks in advance
(edited 7 years ago)
I predict that one of the questions for Section A will be something like: 'The Weimar Republic was stable in the years 1924-9'. How far do you agree with this view?
Original post by charmantell
I predict that one of the questions for Section A will be something like: 'The Weimar Republic was stable in the years 1924-9'. How far do you agree with this view?

I hope so
Reply 165

That would be beautiful! I really think they are going to ask something about the golden years.

The wording could be something like;

To what extent do you agree that the period 1924-1929 should be labelled 'the golden years'?

Or

How far do you agree that the latter half of the 1920s saw a great deal of success
Original post by Mowerharvey
I hope so

In this question would you talk about
Threat from the right and left, the judiciary and the army?
Original post by eddso
That would be beautiful! I really think they are going to ask something about the golden years.

The wording could be something like;

To what extent do you agree that the period 1924-1929 should be labelled 'the golden years'?

Or

How far do you agree that the latter half of the 1920s saw a great deal of success

I agree! They've never asked anything on the 'golden years' before so I have a feeling this will be the year!
I did this exam last year and took a 10 minute in between essays because i wrote too fast and my wrist was on fire lol

but honestly dont do that i had to go to the doctors afterwards
Original post by Annie.humair
In this question would you talk about
Threat from the right and left, the judiciary and the army?

I think those factors - particularly the threat of the extreme right and left - are more relevant to the early, 'crisis' years of Weimar (1919-23). For Weimar's so-called 'Golden years', I would talk about political (in)stability, economic (in)stability, Stresemann's foreign policy 'successes' and the cultural shift which did so much to polarise popular ideas.
I think those factors - particularly the threat of the extreme right and left - are more relevant to the early, 'crisis' years of Weimar (1919-23). For Weimar's so-called 'Golden years', I would talk about political (in)stability, economic (in)stability, Stresemann's foreign policy 'successes' and the cultural shift which did so much to polarise popular ideas.

Okay thank you
I agree! They've never asked anything on the 'golden years' before so I have a feeling this will be the year!

Isn't this year their last chance to do so because of the specification changes?
Reply 172
Original post by Mowerharvey
Isn't this year their last chance to do so because of the specification changes?

Yeah, not counting the retakers next year

But this is the last main exam for this spec
In the effectiveness controversy, would we focus on all the factors (week dictator, strong dictator, working towards the fuhrer) or could we asked to focus on just one of them specifically
Who else is feeling screwed for this exam?
I'm tempered to just either focus on the nazis or the Weimar Republic and the second reich because nothing seems to be going in anymore
Original post by Kattkin
Any chance someone has an essay for morale in WW2? Struggling to see how there's enough for an essay. Thanks! :smile:

I wrote an essay on why Germany fought to the end (I didn't get a mark for it though) I haven't got it with my at the moment but can type it up for you tomorrow if that's any help?
I'm tempered to just either focus on the nazis or the Weimar Republic and the second reich because nothing seems to be going in anymore

Yes. Despite this being my second attempt, I still don't feel good about this exam

at the very least focus on Wiemar and germany in ww2. there's an extremely high chance both of these could come up.

i dont feel confident for this exam either but i just need a c overall to get a B.
Original post by stateofminds
I wrote an essay on why Germany fought to the end (I didn't get a mark for it though) I haven't got it with my at the moment but can type it up for you tomorrow if that's any help?

That would be ace if you could but if it's too time consuming don't worry about it! If would be super helpful even if you just outlined your main points/arguments, thank you so much! ^_^
Does anyone have a good essay for the final solution?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending