The Student Room Group

I just got turned down for a credit card with lloyds, aMA!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
yes, i used to have one with aqua too. they are quite good aren't they. i now have two with capital one, one with marbles, one with vanquis and a student overdraft with the co-op.

:eek:

You got enough credit cards there? I am terrified to even have this one, let alone 5
Yes i already had an excellent rating with experian, because i hadn't made any applications for 6 months. Now it will tank however :frown:

Not making applications isnt the same as having a good credit rating.
Reply 42
Yes i like having them.

Original post by 999tigger
Not making applications isnt the same as having a good credit rating.

beforethefall.jpg
Original post by jamesthehustler
that the problem those i know people who start with a £500 card and they just kept going worst one is my mum's friend's ex-husband at the worst he had £40,000 on credit cards, a £160,000 on car finance and a £1,800,000 mortgage

By 05 my parents (both on benefits) had been able to run up £50k in credit card debt and were declared bankrupt. While i never understood anything more than basic business back then, that was the first time i clocked on that we were in a unsustainable boom even if i never understood sub-prime ect.. back then.
Yes i like having them.

beforethefall.jpg

And credit ratings arent a guarantee of success as different lenders use different criteria. How many credit cards would you need?
As for the thread itself, i do have an overdraft but don't have access to a credit card. I may in future seek one to take advantage of the perks rather than credit facility.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending