The Student Room Group

How posh are you?

Scroll to see replies

How does one eat with their mouth open? That's not even possible. :rolleyes: Pricks :colone:
Original post by JamesN88
Skiing's not really posh anymore like it was 30 years ago, it's just like any other package holiday.

If it was I doubt they'd have let me within 100 miles of the Alps.:smile:

And like how is double barelled last names posh???

And yes to half of the questions there don't even make you POSH that's just UNUSUAL lol
15% - Chavtastic. Hmm....:smile:

Who the **** takes their shoes off outside the house? In the hallway if you have one yes.

Lmao I walk in with my shoes on all the time, this aint Japan :colone:
Original post by 0to100
And like how is double barelled last names posh???

And yes to half of the questions there don't even make you POSH that's just UNUSUAL lol

Back in the day it was to preserve a surname if the male line had died out or, to give someone more prestige if it was two big noble families marrying into each other. That's why Lord something of wherever often has one.

Spoiler

Original post by 0to100
How does one eat with their mouth open? That's not even possible. :rolleyes: Pricks :colone:

Like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn4KOE_j4J4
Skiing's not really posh anymore like it was 30 years ago, it's just like any other package holiday.

If it was I doubt they'd have let me within 100 miles of the Alps.:smile:

Yeah same 😂 Which part of the Alps do u ski in? x
Original post by leecallaghan

51% 75% POSH You look down on everyone you meet and probably think everybody wishes they were as Posh as you. You have no qualms about getting the family silver out for a picnic, and are happy to be spotted at the Henley Regatta in your finest white slacks, straw boater and stripey blazer.

1465110701086.jpg

I agree to a certain extent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Penguinfarts
Only 55% posh!? This quiz is terrible, it only asks if you have ever watched polo. What about us who played? Oh the calamity!

And I competed in 'boat races' every weekend for 10 years! How I was writhing in my (leather) seat!
15%
57% lol I'm far from posh!
Original post by Banana208
Not for the posh of course not. They're really horrible though. You have to move from the toilet and then.. just no.:facepalm:

For 12% peasants maybe.:biggrin:

Us 15 percenters have higher standards.

So you have to walk to the other side of the bathroom with your trousers at your ankles and piss between your legs to do this... nah I'll carry on being a peasant thanks
52% so just into the posh area
Original post by abc_123_
Yeah same 😂 Which part of the Alps do u ski in? x

Espace Killy or Three Valleys usually, did a week in Chamonix this year as well.
34%
I thought I was as common as a pasty, me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by blackdiamond97
So you have to walk to the other side of the bathroom with your trousers at your ankles and piss between your legs to do this... nah I'll carry on being a peasant thanks

I'll keep tallyhoing with the old chaps down to the country club.:smile:
Espace Killy or Three Valleys usually, did a week in Chamonix this year as well.

Aww I love three valleys!! Xx I've stayed in Tignes and Meribel, my friend has a house in Norway so I'm skiing there in 2018, next year I'm going to Austia (Zel am See) where I went last year and I've been to a couple of other places in France which I've forgotten Xx
Reply 76
Original post by abc_123_
51% 75% POSH You look down on everyone you meet and probably think everybody wishes they were as Posh as you. You have no qualms about getting the family silver out for a picnic, and are happy to be spotted at the Henley Regatta in your finest white slacks, straw boater and stripey blazer.

Some of the questions were a bit stupid tho e.g. Do you own a Land Rover, Can you ride a horse and have you had a ski lesson?

I don't have a Land Rover but I've been riding a horse since 6 and skiing since 4 but I'm not posh!! xx

Sounds kinda posh, lots of my friends haven't been abroad, let alone skiing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
15% and higher than expected really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently I'm a chav. Lol.

I got 24%

Quick Reply

Latest