The Student Room Group

British women could face Cologne-style sex attacks if we stay in the EU, says Farage.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by plstudent
Migrants will go to the richer areas for handouts- no surprise there. But there is more to life quality than money. It's easier to integrate socially and to get a job in an English speaking environment.

You have said that they don't want to integrate and that they will not learn the language of the country in which they live. You need to make a set of claims that is internally consistent, and then we can discuss it.

You don't need to be on welfare to be a sex offender.

That is true and I can see more Rotherhams resulting from continued immigration of low IQ, low status men. But the question was can I see British Colognes and I cannot.

It could have happened like many other crimes happen, by taking place when the police is not there. If the sex attackers had eventually been dispersed and the situation brought under control by the police, do you think it would not have been news?

You can't commit hundreds of crimes in one place over a course of hours without the police turning up, unless the police aren't able or willing to turn up.

If there had been 1,000 sex attacks over the whole of Cologne - and perhaps there were! - we would not have heard about it. We heard about Cologne because for a few hours part of Cologne was controlled by a rapist militia. Not because a spectacularly large number of crimes occurred or because those crimes were spectacularly severe.
Original post by Observatory
You have said that they don't want to integrate and that they will not learn the language of the country in which they live. You need to make a set of claims that is internally consistent, and then we can discuss it.

That is true and I can see more Rotherhams resulting from continued immigration of low IQ, low status men. But the question was can I see British Colognes and I cannot.

You can't commit hundreds of crimes in one place over a course of hours without the police turning up, unless the police aren't able or willing to turn up.

If there had been 1,000 sex attacks over the whole of Cologne - and perhaps there were! - we would not have heard about it. We heard about Cologne because for a few hours part of Cologne was controlled by a rapist militia. Not because a spectacularly large number of crimes occurred or because those crimes were spectacularly severe.

Another thing to mention was the coverup that was trying to happen by them removing the words Migrant and Muslim in the charges even though everyone there could easily see what it was.

I don't mean integrating in the sense of adapting. I mean integrating in the sense of being more able to influence society and part take in activities that appeal to you. Language is key for pretty much everything there is to do socially.

And why not? What is the fundamental difference?

You can't commit hundreds of crimes in one place over a course of hours without the police turning up, unless the police aren't able or willing to turn up.If there had been 1,000 sex attacks over the whole of Cologne - and perhaps there were! - we would not have heard about it. We heard about Cologne because for a few hours part of Cologne was controlled by a rapist militia. Not because a spectacularly large number of crimes occurred or because those crimes were spectacularly severe.

If the migrants had instead taken over the train station and not permitted any person from passing, but not abused anybody, do you think it would have been worldwide news? What the police was or wasn't able to do was not primarily related to the notoriety of the event.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The Roast
These aren't just your common sexual assaults, these are assaults on massive scale.

We're talking about migrants here, not refugees.

the only reason they are there is because they are asylum seekers. If they turn out to be economic migrants they will be deported.
That would happen whether we are in the EU or out of the EU.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't mean integrating in the sense of adapting. I mean integrating in the sense of being more able to influence society and part take in activities that appeal to you. Language is key for pretty much everything there is to do socially.

There are a set of logically coherent possibilities and I don't think any of them result into a flood to the UK:

1. the migrants are forward thinking, career minded, and intelligent and work hard to integrate -> they will get jobs and stay in Germany

2. the migrants are welfare plankton -> they will stay in Germany unless the UK offers better welfare, which I do not think it does

3. the migrants are career minded and hard working but hostile to Western culture and want to live in closed, homeland communities -> they will only leave their closed, homeland community in Germany is there is a bigger and better one in the UK, which seems unlikely unless they are Pakistani

And why not? What is the fundamental difference?

Apart from both involving sex, and both being bad, I am not sure what they have in common. Should we throw Jimmy Saville into the basket as well?

I think it's also worth pointing out that, while the EU is one possible source of low IQ, low status immigrant men, most of them come from outside the EU, and are admitted by us voluntarily.

If the migrants had instead taken over the train station and not permitted any person from passing, but not abused anybody, do you think it would have been worldwide news? What the police was or wasn't able to do was not primarily related to the notoriety of the event.

Yes I do think it would have been worldwide news.
Original post by Francis Urquhart
Hi Roast, not at all not at all. It could very likely happen and i am one of those complete believers that it DID happen in Germany. I'm just simply looking at it from an EU standpoint currently, especially how the INers have been accused of scare-mongering so much i wanted to get my teeth well and truly in when the outers such as Farage did it! It was a big mistake on the BREXIT side not to let Farage play a more central role compared to the likes of the toffs of Johnson and Gove....two people that are clearly attempting to climb the increasingly greasy tory-leadership ladder.

Whilst Farage is actually a brilliant and competent communicator regardless of whether or not one agrees with him.

On the topic at hand i feel that there does need to be some sort of cultural education for those who come over here, similarly to how we and other countries expect economic migrants to assimilate.

Best regards
Francis.

You really think it'd all be solved with some "cultural education"? Like a few lectures or in a class room?

That's really undermining the issue at hand.
Original post by XcitingStuart
You really think it'd all be solved with some "cultural education"? Like a few lectures or in a class room?

Hi XcitingStuart.

No i do not believe everything could be solved as-such. In fact i think the way this crisis has been handled is apalling. The real refugees are the ones still stuck in the refugee camps in Syria.

I mostly just said that as i believe it is a start, at least for those already here. I mostly typed a (unusually) short message because i was in a hurry and heading out soon. :smile:

If you want i'm happy to propose or hear about other measures.

Best regards to you. :smile:
Francis.
To all those saying that Farage only cares about their ethnicity. Left wing Labour covered up the Rotherham sex abuse scandal. Tell me how they were any better for doing that.
The scaremongering is real.
There are a set of logically coherent possibilities and I don't think any of them result into a flood to the UK:1. the migrants are forward thinking, career minded, and intelligent and work hard to integrate -> they will get jobs and stay in Germany2. the migrants are welfare plankton -> they will stay in Germany unless the UK offers better welfare, which I do not think it does3. the migrants are career minded and hard working but hostile to Western culture and want to live in closed, homeland communities -> they will only leave their closed, homeland community in Germany is there is a bigger and better one in the UK, which seems unlikely unless they are Pakistani
The migrants want a better life above all. That includes having access to the main culture, which is much easier to achieve if the main culture is in English. Not all people who want a job are forward thinking, career minded, etc. Very few will fit exactly into the molds you are setting out there, but here is another possibility.
Migrants want money and to experience a good and socially active life-> They go to a country where English is dominant and there is a good economy
Apart from both involving sex, and both being bad, I am not sure what they have in common. Should we throw Jimmy Saville into the basket as well?
Religion, cultural background, IQ?
I think it's also worth pointing out that, while the EU is one possible source of low IQ, low status immigrant men, most of them come from outside the EU, and are admitted by us voluntarily.

For sure, and if deeper EU integration occurs, migrant quotas will become a reality. Incidentally, the EU is shipping Africans and other migrants to Europe as we speak with Operation Sophia.
Yes I do think it would have been worldwide news.

Then surely you must have an example of equal notoriety that doesn't involve sexual assaults. I can easily think of strikes and other government protests that the police can't control that don't become worldwide news for that matter.
Reply 70
Yes, they could, in theory. And I find the downplaying of the Cologne attacks terrible. But is this possibility (not inevitability, of course) a valid thing to base your EU decision on? Probably not.
(I'm leaning towards leave anyway for the record, I have no agenda to push for staying..)
Big Nige is not wrong but I think its a mistake to use the Remain sides fearmongering of "doing X Could"

Better to hammer home the point that we are powerless to stop the rape train should these newly landed immigrants decide the next stop is your city.
Original post by XcitingStuart

Actually, there have been cases of migrants in Norway who rape after going these ridiculous sexual education classes.
The migrants want a better life above all. That includes having access to the main culture, which is much easier to achieve if the main culture is in English.

So you believe, but why? I'm really struggling to understand your mental picture of these peoples' backgrounds and motivations.

For sure, and if deeper EU integration occurs, migrant quotas will become a reality. Incidentally, the EU is shipping Africans and other migrants to Europe as we speak with Operation Sophia.

Only if the UK government opted in, which it could also do if it were independent of the EU.

I am not saying this is not an issue only that it is not really related to the EU. If the EU insisted on Schengen membership as a condition of EU membership it would be different.

Then surely you must have an example of equal notoriety that doesn't involve sexual assaults. I can easily think of strikes and other government protests that the police can't control that don't become worldwide news for that matter.

I don't think they exist because I don't think this was organised. At some point the people there realised they had a critical mass to be in control of the situation and so they stole stuff and groped women that happened to be within reach.

This is largely the point I am making. If immigration is orderly and controlled, this doesn't happen. It could happen only because enormous numbers were admitted in a short time.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
It's amazing how Farage and right wingers have suddenly discovered a great concern for issues like women's safety, the NHS, low pay, the housing crisis.

If Britain leaves the EU, will they still champion these issues or will they forget all about them and revert to telling us that feminism has gone too far, the NHS should be privatised, raising the minimum wage will cause unemployment so we need lower wages, young people aren't entitled to a house etc

Its amazing how Camoron and the chancellor aswell as numerous other prominent right wing politicans who have inflicted Austerity, suffering and death to the poor suddenly claim to care about the poor and young people getting houses etc..
Actually, there have been cases of migrants in Norway who rape after going these ridiculous sexual education classes.

I know it's ridiculous, here, in the city where I study there was one case involving a student that I saw through a local news site towards the end of the year:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/perry-barr-man-jailed-more-10599661

After reading the article, it's easy to say something like 'bloody Asians/Muslim rapists at it again'. Even as someone who is half Asian I nearly thought that. But then if you look at this link:
https://birminghamcourtreporter.wordpress.com/2015/12/14/rapist-who-befriended-perry-barr-student-before-sex-attack-jailed/#more-181

It clearly states he knew it was wrong and/or illegal according to the man's defense lawyer,
'He said the takeaway worker was full of remorse'
“He accepts responsibility and understands there is a difference between pressurised compliance and consent."

So basically, even though it wasn't stereotypical rape, he still knew it was wrong or illegal to pressure or coerce someone to have sex with him, but did it anyway. I don't think 'cultural education' is going to change this sort of thing, in fact I don't even think it was cultural differences at play here to be quite honest. Just another moron who is incapable of obeying the law.
Original post by 999tigger
People can try and enter the UK for two reasons.
1. They have a valid visa. We are bliged to let in citizens from the EU, although they cna be subject to passport control. Farage is claiming that being in the EU somehow puts us at risk and that leaving we will not be at such risk.

If we wnat to restrict EU citizens coming to the UK on Brexit, then we will have to concede that we will not be allowed access o the EU single market in any trade negotiations, becayse free movement of people is central to that.

2. The other reason we might accept people is because they are refugees. they can try to claim asylum in the UK as part of the convention. This was part of the reason Merkel let in so many. People that arent classed as refugees i,e economic migrants are deported.

Farages claim that leaving the EU would make a difference is a red herring as the 1951 convention is not a piece of EU legislation , its an independent internatlonal convention , which we would be signed up to whether we were in or out of the EU. We could ofc withdraw from that and any other international convention or treaty, but until we do, then we are bound to abide by it. In this respect we have to consider asultum claims from people claiming it.

Your point was that relatively few of them are refugees.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-statistics-april-to-june-2015/asylum

The UK has decided that it will take 4,000 per year over the next 5 years, that may or may not include 3,000 children. Germany took between hundreds of thousands and up to 1m.

Top 5 nationalities applying for asylum, year ending June 2015 compared with year ending June 2014 Ranking year ending June 2015 (Year ending June 2014) Nationality Year ending June 2014 Year ending June 2015 Grant rates based on initial decisions (1) 1 (2) Eritrea 2,113 3,568 73% 2 (1) Pakistan 3,088 2,302 22% 3 (4) Syria 1,688 2,204 87% 4 (3) Iran 2,033 2,049 57% 5 (8) Sudan 938 1,799 83%

Whether we are in or out of the EU it doesnt make any difference in respect of asylum seekers.
If you want to stop EU citizens coming, then you lose access to the single market along with the eonomic implications of that.

You have completely missed the point.
Original post by The_Opinion
You have completely missed the point.

Feel free to explain.
Reply 79
Original post by Themini
Interesting you mention cologne. Its very interesting how those accused are labelled as "suspected" and nothing definitive to this day has been proven. Where are the mass arrests??Hardly any of the so called mass rapists have been jailed..why? Lack of evidence of sexual assault from these so called "rape" victims.

Its a smear tactic. Germany doesn't want migrants.

As per usual Nigel Farage is talking complete ****. If we leave the EU we'll have a flood of migrants coming in through the Eurotunnel and into Dover from Calais. Because we're in the EU the French have an obligation to protect our border which starts in Calais. They are taking responsibility of our border and stopping migrants from coming in. If we leave, they no longer have to..so you put two and two together.

I dont care whos to blame I dont want UK ruined, you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending