The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by HucktheForde
*******s. This is the worst attempt at history revision. The koreans are japanese part will make people laugh rolling on the floor if they didnt know you are serious.

The Japs killed countless of people , many of them are indians in malaya in singapore who fought for independence. Turns out there are traitors from the indian community as well.

Well, this is not hystorical revision. Koreans did not have any national consciousness until 70 years ago. They developed recently. And even back than the Japanese rule over Korea was normal. They even have had elected MP in Tokyo.

Japs killed many people, true. But so did the British in Asia. There is really no difference. No, the only Indians in Malaya were forcefully conscripted people. While they are not necesarly traitors but buffer cannons for the Brits.

Look for instance the posts of Indians posters on this thread and you will see than even one Indian said the guy on the photo is a hero to many Indians.
Reply 201
Here is a great video tribute dedicated to the Free Indian SS Legion and Bose

[video="youtube;izVAJWg_7Lc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izVAJWg_7Lc[/video]
Original post by slaven
Well, this is not hystorical revision. Koreans did not have any national consciousness until 70 years ago. They developed recently. And even back than the Japanese rule over Korea was normal. They even have had elected MP in Tokyo.

Japs killed many people, true. But so did the British in Asia. There is really no difference. No, the only Indians in Malaya were forcefully conscripted people. While they are not necesarly traitors but buffer cannons for the Brits.

Look for instance the posts of Indians posters on this thread and you will see than even one Indian said the guy on the photo is a hero to many Indians.

Again ********. The koreans have a long history of nation building and was annexed around early of 19th centuries. History did not start recording itself at 19th century, except japnese and indian history maybe.

there is a London mayor called Sadiq Khan who is of pakistani origin, would you consider london part of pakistan??????

Your version of history is full of red pills and revisions. China has never in history invaded Japan. It was only done by a country called mongolia that most people couldn't tell the difference because they think korea is part of Japan.

The indians i was referring to were NOT forcefully conscripted by British because they were fighting for independence and not for the Brits. But for those who did , how in the hell can you compare being conscripted and outright murdered and raped (ISIS style) by the Japs?

This Subhas Chandra Bose is a traitor and a scumbag. He can rot in hell for kissing hitler and hirohito's arse, along with those who think committing genocide is a revered act, something you only find in india and japan.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
Just so you know, the Japs consider that term to be an ethnic slur.

I am sure the Japs do.
Good god how is this thread still alive, and why on earth has this become a Japanese vs Korean debate?
Reply 205
Again ********. The koreans have a long history of nation building and was annexed around early of 19th centuries. History did not start recording itself at 19th century, except japnese and indian history maybe.

You are wrong the Joseon Dynasty was a vassal of the Chinese Emperor. It was not an independt state but the whole terriotory of modern day Korea was a big feud of that dynasty. Than after the first Sinno-Japanese war Korea was transfered to Japan and experiance a lot of industrialisation and the Japanese propaganda potraite Koreans as one of their own. The best evidence for this are Japanese poster from that time and the fact that many Koreans served in Japanese army during world war II and prior.

"Your version of history is full of red pills and revisions. China has never in history invaded Japan. It was only done by a country called mongolia that most people couldn't tell the difference because they think korea is part of Japan."
Mongolia is China. In fact Taiwan see it as part of its terrirotiry. One Chinese imperial dynasty comes from Mongol invadors

"The indians i was referring to were NOT forcefully conscripted by British because they were fighting for independence and not for the Brits. But for those who did , how in the hell can you compare being conscripted and outright murdered and raped (ISIS style) by the Japs?"
What is your problems? Most Indians certainly did not served voluntary to the British army but were conscripted. It is a fact. And for the Brits they were canno fodder. Also, the Brits also comiteed numerous war crimes only they were never tried. Hiroshima was a war crime as well

"This Subhas Chandra Bose is a traitor and a scumbag. He can rot in hell for kissing hitler and hirohito's arse, along with those who think committing genocide is a revered act, something you only find in india and japan."
Bose never comiteed genocide netiher did the Japanese during ww2. Also, the majority of Indians do not agree with you. For them Bose is a hero.
Original post by slaven
You are wrong the Joseon Dynasty was a vassal of the Chinese Emperor. It was not an independt state but the whole terriotory of modern day Korea was a big feud of that dynasty. Than after the first Sinno-Japanese war Korea was transfered to Japan and experiance a lot of industrialisation and the Japanese propaganda potraite Koreans as one of their own. The best evidence for this are Japanese poster from that time and the fact that many Koreans served in Japanese army during world war II and prior.

"Your version of history is full of red pills and revisions. China has never in history invaded Japan. It was only done by a country called mongolia that most people couldn't tell the difference because they think korea is part of Japan."
Mongolia is China. In fact Taiwan see it as part of its terrirotiry. One Chinese imperial dynasty comes from Mongol invadors

"The indians i was referring to were NOT forcefully conscripted by British because they were fighting for independence and not for the Brits. But for those who did , how in the hell can you compare being conscripted and outright murdered and raped (ISIS style) by the Japs?"
What is your problems? Most Indians certainly did not served voluntary to the British army but were conscripted. It is a fact. And for the Brits they were canno fodder. Also, the Brits also comiteed numerous war crimes only they were never tried. Hiroshima was a war crime as well

"This Subhas Chandra Bose is a traitor and a scumbag. He can rot in hell for kissing hitler and hirohito's arse, along with those who think committing genocide is a revered act, something you only find in india and japan."
Bose never comiteed genocide netiher did the Japanese during ww2. Also, the majority of Indians do not agree with you. For them Bose is a hero.

Koreans, Mongolians and virtually everyone with sense will disagree with you. You don't seem to understand what a vassal state is. A vassal state is a politically independent nation that receives protection from China at the cost of a tribute. Whatever it is, it will never belong to Japan legitimately. Hell even Scotland isn't a part of England.

Grab a map , if there is even one in India. There is a country between Russia and China called Mongolia, it is not China.

The Brits committed war crimes. But you logic is because the Brits committed a war crime it is justified for the opposite team to commit war crime on your kin. I have no idea how is that not traitorous. And no Hiroshima is not a war crime. There has not been a single legitimate court that rules so, and will never.

There will be idiots in every race. Even in UK there are people who thinks Hitler was a good man. So i dont see why some indians would not occasionally believe that earth is flat or money grow on trees. And yes, the Japs committed massive amount of genocide, any legitimate source will tell you that. When i say legitimate source I dont mean something coming out from a forum member called slaven on TSR.

I havent heard a reply from you on this. Probably you would want to dodge a question you cannot answer.

there is a London mayor called Sadiq Khanwho is of pakistani origin, would you consider london part of pakistan??????
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 207
Firstly, will you calm down man? We are not in court or something. Nobody is hurting you
Koreans, Mongolians and virtually everyone with sense will disagree with you. You don't seem to understand what a vassal state is. A vassal state is a politically independent nation that receives protection from China at the cost of a tribute. Whatever it is, it will never belong to Japan legitimately. Hell even Scotland isn't a part of England.

No, I did not said it was a vassal state since the Joson dynasty was not any state. It was ruling dynastsy who ruled in name of the Chinese Emperor. Why do you think hystorians are not refereing to this as Joseon dynasty and not as "Korea". Because it was not a nation.

There is a comparable example. If some local lord in the Middle Ages ruled Essex as a vassal of the English king, does this means Essex is a nation??

Grab a map , if there is even one in India. There is a country between Russia and China called Mongolia, it is not China.

Which is a newly created state. There is also Inner Mongolia, where more Mongols live than in Mongolia itself. The Chinese consider Inner Mongols as Chinese. Why do you think this is the case? Because Mongolia was for centuries part of China.

Republic of China aka Taiwan even do not recognise Mongolia and see it even today as part of China.

The Brits committed war crimes. But you logic is because the Brits committed a war crime it is justified for the opposite team to commit war crime on your kin. I have no idea how is that not traitorous. And no Hiroshima is not a war crime. There has not been a single legitimate court that rules so, and will never

Yes, because the Brits and Yanks says they have a higher moral ground than the Japanese based of some war crimes. I am just pointing out you were also not better.

Also, of course massacring 300,000 civilians in Hiroshima is not a war crime for you. Of course you will never denounce your own soldiers. it was never ruled by a single court because you won the war. You are not stupid to judge your own soldiers. Nor for Hiroshima or Dresden.

There will be idiots in every race. Even in UK there are people who thinks Hitler was a good man. So i dont see why some indians would not occasionally believe that earth is flat or money grow on trees. And yes, the Japs committed massive amount of genocide, any legitimate source will tell you that. When i say legitimate source I dont mean something coming out from a forum member called slaven on TSR.

Bose is considered a hero by to many Indians to just dismissed. It is simple it true because he considered his actions as something good for the Indian independence movement.

Please, do point me out one example where japanese comiteed genocide during world war II or in the 1930s. There is none.

I havent heard a reply from you on this. Probably you would want to dodge a question you cannot answer.

there is a London mayor called Sadiq Khanwho is of pakistani origin, would you consider london part of pakistan??????

I am not dogging this question. It is just I do not see is how is this related to this topic. No, I do not see London part of Pakistan just because of Sadiq Khan.

Since when is Sadiq Khan Pakistani, I though he was British
Reply 208
1) You just said everything that proves korea is not a state in anyway related to japan. And you only mentioned ONE dynasty

But also it proves korea is an artifical nation who had no national consciousnees. The only difference is that during the Joseon Dynasty and prior they were considered Chinese. Ironically, it was the Japanese who gave the peninsula the name "Korea".

2)mongolia only became part of china during the Qing dynasty. Mongolia invaded Japan centuries before that happened. And to say Japan invade China for in retaliation for something happened a 600+ good years ago, how dumb can you be?
By the time Mongolia invaded China it was already part of the chinese nation. As said the ruling chinese dynasty comes from Mongols. And yes, people especially in Easr Asia use their national hystory seriously.

"3) a simple google would return 3970000 results. unfortunately, that is not good enough for you."
I have looked and the only results come from the Nanking massacre. Sorry, but that was not a genocide.

"5)No civilians died in Hiroshima. It was a military industrial site. Would you consider engineers building weapons and accountants running cheques for ISIS "civilians" ? It was never ruled because during that time no one considered it a war crime, the US had every moral high ground to win the war, saving asia from japan's war crime. They aren't "my soldiers" so i am not bias. I am not an american."
Here you clearly demonstrated your ignorance and that you have no idea about the subject. Even the english wiki admits that over 130,000 civilians were killed. Did you know that the bomb in Hiroshima was thrown on a child hospitale?

Face it, you anglo-Americans were not better than the Nazis. You massacred a lot civilians in Japan and Germany. Also, there are a number account of rapes from your side on civilians. The problems is that you won the war so no international court will indict you.

"6) Good you won't consider london part of pakistan just because sadiq khan is of pakistani origin. Just because tokyo has a korean mayor..it doesnt make korea part of japan. checkmate."
This has nothing to do with the topic or whatso ever. Korea was not ruled by the Japanesethey were Japanese themself

"7)Bose is considered a hero by to many Indians to just dismissed. - no wonder india is a shithole that will never become a first world country. Keep migrating to the country that massacred you. Its the only thing you can"

India is a grwing economy while UK is getting worse under the EU. Maybe if they were not ruled by UK it would be better off.
Original post by slaven
But also it proves korea is an artifical nation who had no national consciousnees. The only difference is that during the Joseon Dynasty and prior they were considered Chinese. Ironically, it was the Japanese who gave the peninsula the name "Korea".

By the time Mongolia invaded China it was already part of the chinese nation. As said the ruling chinese dynasty comes from Mongols. And yes, people especially in Easr Asia use their national hystory seriously.

"3) a simple google would return 3970000 results. unfortunately, that is not good enough for you."
I have looked and the only results come from the Nanking massacre. Sorry, but that was not a genocide.

"5)No civilians died in Hiroshima. It was a military industrial site. Would you consider engineers building weapons and accountants running cheques for ISIS "civilians" ? It was never ruled because during that time no one considered it a war crime, the US had every moral high ground to win the war, saving asia from japan's war crime. They aren't "my soldiers" so i am not bias. I am not an american."
Here you clearly demonstrated your ignorance and that you have no idea about the subject. Even the english wiki admits that over 130,000 civilians were killed. Did you know that the bomb in Hiroshima was thrown on a child hospitale?

Face it, you anglo-Americans were not better than the Nazis. You massacred a lot civilians in Japan and Germany. Also, there are a number account of rapes from your side on civilians. The problems is that you won the war so no international court will indict you.

"6) Good you won't consider london part of pakistan just because sadiq khan is of pakistani origin. Just because tokyo has a korean mayor..it doesnt make korea part of japan. checkmate."
This has nothing to do with the topic or whatso ever. Korea was not ruled by the Japanesethey were Japanese themself

"7)Bose is considered a hero by to many Indians to just dismissed. - no wonder india is a shithole that will never become a first world country. Keep migrating to the country that massacred you. Its the only thing you can"

India is a grwing economy while UK is getting worse under the EU. Maybe if they were not ruled by UK it would be better off.

First I am not angro and i am not american. Second, you dont seem to understand relativity. Even if UK gets worse off 10 times than it is now, It will still be better than India in most aspect. Face it, Indians are migrating to the UK in masses, yes the nation that "genocides" you.

I love it how you can dismiss nanking massacre as "not a genocide" while the
3970000 results said it is. Isn't it amazing??? You woudn't even try to argue with the 397000 of them and just said No it isn't. Nanking massacre is just a tip of the iceberg. The amount of crimes the Japanese imperial army is so huge its not even possible to iterate through them all here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes

did you notice how long that wiki page was.. yes its REALLLLY long, speaks for its severity.

No Korea is not a name given by the japs, its a name derived from Goryeo, a kingdom before Joseon. Korea was annexed and occupied by Japan with brute force, it never legitimately was japan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goryeo . 918-1392. You got that wrong so badly. Maybe you really should talk to a real korean.

By the time Mongolia invaded China it was already part of the chinese nation. - How does logic works here? How do you invade a country you are part of ? Southampton invaded England because it is part of England. Just to state the fact as your logic is completed flawed, Mongolia only became part of China during the Qing dynasty. around 17-18 century. The mongolian invasion of Japan was in the 12th century. China did not invade Japan in the entire history of mankind. The closest thing they did provided assistance on seafaring as the mongols cannot build ships on their own. EVEN THEN, you still couldn't explain how could a nation in the 19th century retaliate over an event in the 12th century.

The world is not perfect. The Japanese started the war, committed war crimes, supported war effort, voted a right wing government, sent their sons to the front line to commit war crimes. They got what they deserve. Compare this to the crimes the British committed, its no comparison, the Brits seemed like saints.

It is no wonder those people living that time, I mean REAL people, who understand and experience the circumstances well, rather than being an arm chair expert who didnt lived during that period, would rather fight with and for the British, against the Japs, despite being colonized, not the other way round. Among them, many indians, who are brave, proud and free. These are the true heros.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_136
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 210
Most Indians in the UK seem to be professionals from well-off families. I'm a developer and half of my co-workers are Indian. Pakistanis seem to be the complete opposite.
I think that the left-wing is often such a Pro-Muslim lobby, and I'm saying this being a 19-year old, that it can't see when it's literally whitewashing the Muslim community and providing them affirmative action.

You've got three major South Asian groups with a sizable number of refugees - Ugandan, Sri Lankan, Nepali. All three had became at least lower middle class during the first generation and the second generation are now middle class a typical Indian. But the Pakistani community who has faced less hurdles appear to occupy the lower castes of western society.
Reply 212
Original post by renegradeisland
I think that the left-wing is often such a Pro-Muslim lobby, and I'm saying this being a 19-year old, that it can't see when it's literally whitewashing the Muslim community and providing them affirmative action.

You've got three major South Asian groups with a sizable number of refugees - Ugandan, Sri Lankan, Nepali. All three had became at least lower middle class during the first generation and the second generation are now middle class a typical Indian. But the Pakistani community who has faced less hurdles appear to occupy the lower castes of western society.

Don't bump old threads.

Latest

Trending

Trending