The Student Room Group

Is it a major turn off if a girl can't have an orgasm?

Title says it all basically. I'm 18 and I have never had an orgasm, not by masturbation, nor by actual sexual intercourse. I don't enjoy it when my clitoris is touched, I guess it has to do something with it? I don't know. I have a pretty active fantasy and really enjoy the sex itself though, I'm just afraid I will be stuck like this for the rest of my life and my partners might think it's their own failure and scare them away.
Original post by Anonymous
Title says it all basically. I'm 18 and I have never had an orgasm, not by masturbation, nor by actual sexual intercourse. I don't enjoy it when my clitoris is touched, I guess it has to do something with it? I don't know. I have a pretty active fantasy and really enjoy the sex itself though, I'm just afraid I will be stuck like this for the rest of my life and my partners might think it's their own failure and scare them away.

You're definitely overthinking this. A lot of girls can't or just haven't yet, and it shouldn't turn anyone off, so if it ever does then they are the one being unreasonable.

It's always worth discussing it with your partner if you think something might help get you there and they can help, or you may prefer to discover what gets you there by yourself. It's always good to explore and know your body well before being with someone else.

Hope this helps!
You just need to find what you like. As long as you're enjoying it and they can tell you're enjoying it then I don't think they'll care that much. You're 18 so still really young.

A lot of women can't orgasm through sex, but the more you get to know your body and the more you become comfortable with sex then you might be able to.
There are men who will insist you have an orgasm - if you end up with one and can't cure them, the easiest thing to do is find someone who's not so stupid.

Being able to orgasm by yourself, whether that's via fingers, a stream of water, thigh pressure, a toy etc etc, would be a good thing to learn to do.
girls have the capacity for multiple orgasms it's just about getting it done right, the process

Quick Reply

Latest