The Student Room Group

I live in Saudi Arabia. AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingYusHalo
I guess i'm back after this comment.
I can swear that I am answering every question to my full extent.

I enjoy this place, why should I lie? Looks like you can't handle it.
I've edited the first post stating that 'please do not discuss politics'. You are just a fat troll thousands of miles away who thinks he knows more about Saudi than everyone else. I've put the topic in 'news' as there was no other suitable topic.

I'm off again

All the AMAs are in chat, dunno why you placed it in a debate subsection.
Original post by AlvlVictim
Atleast agree USAs invasion of iraq and interference in other Muslim countries allows ISIS to recruit ppl or USA and ultimately the whole west is sinless

I've never claimed the West was sinless. But that has nothing to do with your bizarro, conspiracy theory claim that the US was involved in creating ISIS directly and had influence in it. There's no evidence for it, it's just the sort of mindless conspiracy crap that uneducated people believe.

As for the US causing ISIS to recruit people; ISIS didn't rise up until after the US left Iraq. The US pretty much almost completely destroyed Al-Qaeda in Iraq during the surge of 2007/2008. By 2011 when the US pulled out, violence was down by 90%.

It was after they left that the Shi'a government of Maliki, and the opportunities of the Syrian Civil War, allowed AQI (now renamed ISIS) to rise up across Anbar. These are basic facts, available to anyone who is interested in real history not dumb conspiracy theories

its us horrrible muslims who just like to kill each other?

Well yes; the vast majority of Muslim deaths over the last 15 years have been at the hands of other Muslims. But that isn't the subject at hand.
F*ck no. If you bring that topic up to religious Saudi's, they'll slap you in the face. ISIS to KSA is ISIS to the US

A LOT of Christians live here. A lot of my homies were christians in my previous school. I guess they all come here for the same reason....money.

This^^ is the biggest mistake an outsider can make.
In public, everyone has to atleast wear an abaya.
In private residences and compounds you have 100% right to do so Saudi women here love to wear Bikini's here in their homes. There are a heck of a lot of Victoria Secret stores here too. And most Saudi's here have pool in their mansions.
Under their cloaks is a whole different story.....Gucci tights, $1000 lipstick, Versace handbags, Prada tank tops

I brought up ISIS because there top ranking members was apparently taught the twisted readings in SA and Iran
No politics please
What's your opinion on Brexit?
Reply 104
Do you really get stoned for cheating on your husband?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyway, it's an absolutely beautiful day outside. I'm off to the park, not going to waste more time debating with people who cannot be reached by rationality and education
Atleast agree USAs invasion of iraq and interference in other Muslim countries allows ISIS to recruit ppl

By the way, if the ISIS uprising was all about opposing "Western imperialism", why do they spend so much time slaughtering, enslaving and raping Yezidi and trying to murder Kurds and Shi'a?

That's a rhetorical question, by the way. Park time
Reply 107
Original post by Thutmose-III
You didn't answer my question. There's no dispute that the UK has sold Saudi Arabia particular types of high-tech weaponry like the Tornado and Typhoon fighter jets, along with munitions like Brimstone missiles and cluster bombs. There is no dispute these have been used in Yemen.

That has absolutely nothing to do with ISIS, and the kind of weapons the UK sells to Saudi Arabia are the sort ISIS wouldn't be able to use (even if Saudi would send them) because they don't have the high tech infrastructure and training needed to operate modern jet aircraft

Sorry I replied to the wrong comment

The Conservative government has licenced £5.6bn in sales of arms, fighter jets and other military hardware to Saudi Arabia since David Cameron came to power, campaigners have claimed.
of its Eurofighter Typhoons in a £4.4billion deal called The Salam (peace) Project. Preliminary agreements between the UK and Saudi governments were signed in December 2005 and August 2006, and the detailed contract was signed in September 2007. The first 24 planes, the last of which was delivered in 2009, were built at Warton in Lancashire. Some of the rest were assembled in Saudi Arabia from mid-2010 using kit supplied from Warton. Outstanding price issues were finally agreed in February 2014 after a visit, and sword dance, from Prince Charles. The Janadriyah festival, at which the sword dance took place, is supported by BAE.The Typhoons are replacing the Air Defence Variant Tornados supplied under the Al Yamamah deals; the remaining Tornados continue to be upgraded and serviced under what is now called Saudi British Defence Co-operation Programme.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/logistics-101-where-does-isis-get-its-guns/5454726

Serena shim - Still missing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0GrcQ9kXbI

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2799924/mystery-american-journalist-killed-car-crash-turkey-just-days-claimed-intelligence-services-threatened-coverage-siege-kobane.html
(edited 7 years ago)
No politics please

What are the religious police like?

Do you feel wary of what you are saying or doing?

Ever seen someone publically punished?

Best thing about living in Saudi Arabia in your opinion?
No politics please

Why?
Funny how when ISIS beheads a person the whole worlds goes condemning the action. But when the KSA beheads 47 people in ONE DAY, noone says a word. When the KSA sets a 15 year old for execution noone says a word. ISIS and the KSA are one in the same.
Original post by Al-farhan
All the AMAs are in chat, dunno why you placed it in a debate subsection.

He wants a debate LOL.
And most of the people in this thread are giving him a debate.
You're seriously denying Pakistan created the Taliban? Are you stupid? I mean, you can read any basic book about the history of the Taliban. Even their name comes from the word Talib in Pashto which means student; it referred to the fact they came from the Madrassas in Pakistan. Didn't you even know these basic facts?

By the way, does this mean you admit Clinton never said "We created Al-Qaeda"? And you still seem to be confused about the difference between the Taliban and the Afghan Mujahideen. The former only came about around 1994, during the Afghan Civil War after the Soviets left. The latter, which the US did aid, were active 1979 to 1989.

Anyway, I make it a policy not to debate with people of much lower intelligence. It's just not worth my time. You obviously lack even the most basic understanding of the history of the area

It is really exciting to read things from the criminals view point I am a Pakistani so u can take your claims about me having no knowledge of the area elsewhere and carry on believing that you ppl are the knights of justice and we are the barbarians 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PC.police
Funny how when ISIS beheads a person the whole worlds goes condemning the action. But when the KSA beheads 47 people in ONE DAY, noone says a word. When the KSA sets a 15 year old for execution noone says a word. ISIS and the KSA are one in the same.

Isis beheads innocents KSA beheads criminals There were protests for the killing of the 15 year old but you ppl only look at the story from 1 point of view

Posted from TSR Mobile
By the way, if the ISIS uprising was all about opposing "Western imperialism", why do they spend so much time slaughtering, enslaving and raping Yezidi and trying to murder Kurds and Shi'a?

That's a rhetorical question, by the way. Park time

Because let's face it they have murdered 0 Sunnis oh the educated one ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isis beheads innocents KSA beheads criminals There were protests for the killing of the 15 year old but you ppl only look at the story from 1 point of view

Posted from TSR Mobile

A peaceful shia cleric is a criminal? Right.
Because let's face it they have murdered 0 Sunnis oh the educated one ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well what about the Shia then? Answer up.
Why does the question deserve an answer?

It is a common fact that every sane person understands.
Reply 118
Very, if you think that the video shows Clinton saying "We created al Qaeda".

And as far as sources go, the internet is a biiig place, with little or no controls. Just because you find a website that says "X", it doesn't mean that "X" is necessarily true. Especially if the website claims to be the only source for "The Truth About X".
Women are not aloud to drive, right? :redface:

Quick Reply