The Student Room Group

WJEC AS ICT Exam 6th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OwenSallows
Entertainment/Online banking
OR
Teaching and learning with administration, this one seems more likely, but it really could be anything.

What do you mean by online banking?
In a word document, we were given a check sheet with everything that needed to be on it. We were also told to put page numbers and all the other essentials like name, candidate number ECT.

I havnt put numbers on my pages, do you think it would be okay if write them in the exam? I got 0 in section B because i didn't evidence correctly last year. :frown:
Original post by Rawr97
Collect Data:
- large number of measurements such as pressure, weight and size of vehicle etc

Derive model:
- from law of physics
- models provide set of equation to solve

Test/ compare:
- create and test model
- do what its investigation
- check the accuracy of rules and variable

I would assume something like that

Thank you!
Original post by alevellife123
What do you mean by online banking?

Such as advantages and disadvantages of online banking to the company, customers and employees. It was on the Jan09 paper and hasn't come up since then.
Original post by collegestudentc
Can someone answer this question. Don't understand the mark scheme for it.

Weather forecasting is one area which now uses simulation modelling. Describe, in general, how the models are created and the advantage and disadvantage of modelling in this context. (4 marks)

Also, for simulation modelling is it only Car Crash analysis and weather forecasting that comes up?

Also financial.
Original post by Jen1097
I havnt put numbers on my pages, do you think it would be okay if write them in the exam? I got 0 in section B because i didn't evidence correctly last year. :frown:

I'm sure that would be okay, if I recall correctly i remember some people in my class doing that anyway!
Such as advantages and disadvantages of online banking to the company, customers and employees. It was on the Jan09 paper and hasn't come up since then.

I will have a look at it now, thank you
I'm sure that would be okay, if I recall correctly i remember some people in my class doing that anyway!

Fingers crossed it will be okay .
Thanks for your help , good luck tomorrow.
Original post by Jen1097
Fingers crossed it will be okay .
Thanks for your help , good luck tomorrow.

Welcome, and yourself!
Entertainment/Online banking
OR
Teaching and learning with administration, this one seems more likely, but it really could be anything.

Thanks man :biggrin:
Is the Acts likely to come up?
Is the Acts likely to come up?

They last came up in June 2014, it could come up but there are many other bigger topics that are more likely to come up.
what topics are most likely to come up in this exam???
They last came up in June 2014, it could come up but there are many other bigger topics that are more likely to come up.

They have only come up at 4 markers right?
Last year I got 20 marks on the exam and came out with a D overall (A for my coursework). I'm looking for either a B or a C when I resit this year, can someone work out the raw marks for me, as in how many marks I need on the exam? I can't distinguish between UMS and raw it's so confusing...
They have only come up at 4 markers right?

No, a couple of 6 mark ones, and one question where it is split into a 2 mark and 4 mark question
Original post by bigstag21
Last year I got 20 marks on the exam and came out with a D overall (A for my coursework). I'm looking for either a B or a C when I resit this year, can someone work out the raw marks for me, as in how many marks I need on the exam? I can't distinguish between UMS and raw it's so confusing...

How many marks did you get in the coursework?
Original post by saidtahir3
what topics are most likely to come up in this exam???

For the third time :wink:
How many marks did you get in the coursework?

I think I got 76?
Original post by bigstag21
I think I got 76?

76 marks = 69 UMS
20 marks = 29 UMS
This equals 98 UMS
240 UMS is a C, which includes A2.
120 UMS would equal a C from AS
You need 33 marks to get the bare minimum of a C from this paper as you need an extra 22 UMS, which is 13 extra marks from your paper last year (20+13). I am pretty sure this is correct i could be wrong haha
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending