The Student Room Group

Being a former member of a political party causing trouble in my relationship

Posted a similar thread with regard to prejudice at work but my girlfriends parents are putting massive pressure on her to break up with me because I used to be a member of a political party they dislike. I always got on very well with them but since they found out about this 6 months or so ago they've been very distant and standoffish with me :frown: . Anyone else got experience of this or advice ?

Scroll to see replies

Was it BNP? EDL? or UKIP? cause that's understandable...
Original post by Findlay6
Was it BNP? EDL? or UKIP? cause that's understandable...

I was a BNP member under Griffin's reign yes.
hahaha
love makes anything possible! :biggrin:
Original post by Betelgeuse-
hahaha

What's funny ?
Original post by rayestar
love makes anything possible! :biggrin:

My girlfriend isn't bothered by it at all, her parents are typical thick as mince uneducated Corbyn types
Original post by Lionel Hutzz
My girlfriend isn't bothered by it at all, her parents are typical thick as mince uneducated Corbyn types

woah that's a gr8 way to describe ur gf's parents lol
Just run away with her lol
even if u end up getting married, either the parents have to just accept it or they just have bad relationships with u
u might as well escape then :tongue:
What's funny ?

i was thinking of the same thing :redface:
Original post by rayestar
woah that's a gr8 way to describe ur gf's parents lol
Just run away with her lol
even if u end up getting married, either the parents have to just accept it or they just have bad relationships with u
u might as well escape then :tongue:

Haha fair one daddyo
I was a BNP member under Griffin's reign yes.

Hope the parents succeed. That's a very foolish thing to do let's be honest.
Nothing wrong with the BNP - what they say makes a lot more sense than the commies (Labour) and the hippies (Greens).

If you're taking this attitude they may be justified in their feelings toward you...
Original post by Mathemagicien
Tell the parents that they are bigots

Bigot: "a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions."

But seriously, how long ago were you a member? If it was a lot younger, then maybe could convince them you've changed.

Or get her pregnant and marry her. They'll be left with no choice.

I was a member till from 2008- 2014

I would still be a member if Griffin was at the healm
Original post by Pokémontrainer
If you're taking this attitude they may be justified in their feelings toward you...

Well I obviously don't say that to them haha. I think politics is a bit over their heads they aren't the brightest
Well I obviously don't say that to them haha. I think politics is a bit over their heads they aren't the brightest

You're the one who was a member of the BNP... How can you judge? :K:
Why though? It'll just cause problems for you, like you have seen. Even being a member of UKIP would cause someone a lot of problems, let alone BNP.

Yeah, that's not a very good attitude to have about your gf's parents. Idk, quote Marx and Stalin to them, see if that wins them round.

It's important to stand up for what is right and what you believe in

"All evil needs to prevail is good people to do nothing"
Romeo and Juliet
didn't even realise they were still a politcal party ahaha
What does the BNP do anyway, except a few marches through muslim zones?

The BNP under Griffin never did street marches they left that sort of thing to scum like UAF and Soap not Hate. Focus was made on free speech and making sure that indigenous British people are given priority for jobs and services.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending