The Student Room Group

HELP! I'm ugly af

I am ugly D:

People like to avoid associating themselves with me, I get ignored quite often. It has quite literally killed my confidence, i feel like I never get taken seriously or I'm just not good enough in pretty much every situation I go through. I reallyreally need a confidence boost but I have tried absolutely every thing out there, I'm only young aswell, I just want to have fun and maybe meet a girl and just be viewed by who I am and not what I look like. But it's especially hard being so ugly and so introverted????

Scroll to see replies

What makes you think it's because of your looks? Has anyone specifically said that to you?
No one can help you in this situation. It has to come from yourself.

Appearance isn't really much of a factor in making friends. Relationships maybe, but its still easy to overcome with confidence.

You should try and find a way to make yourself stand out of the crowd. To yourself first, then others.

You have to think about your own perception of yourself before before you worry about how others view you.

Not calling yourself ugly is the first step. Self pity will get you nowhere.
Reply 3
Original post by Namita Gurung
What makes you think it's because of your looks? Has anyone specifically said that to you?

Yes you'd be suprised, I am often not invited to many things as I look out of 'place', and even my so called friends have said I'm a 3/10 lol
You just gotta embrace it.
You have to learn to love yourself first.
Reply 6
I think I'm good looking, but the truth is I'm not and I'm afraid the truth really hurts, (well it hurts me). But man why couldn't I have been born in a different family and had different genes with good aesthetics, like it's just not fair.
Reply 7
picture or we cant help
In my opinion, humans are beautiful and it depends on what is a persons preferences to whether they are attracted to you. You aren't ugly, your friends are horrible btw. Friends are meant to be there for you and give you confidence not the opposite. Feel free to pm me if you want to talk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, it's not about looks anyway, for some people it is and that's just wrong but for most of us, we look for personality...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Yes you'd be suprised, I am often not invited to many things as I look out of 'place', and even my so called friends have said I'm a 3/10 lol

I've met a lot of 'unattractive' people who are extremely popular.
You need to build confidence up in yourself first.
I am ugly D:

People like to avoid associating themselves with me, I get ignored quite often. It has quite literally killed my confidence, i feel like I never get taken seriously or I'm just not good enough in pretty much every situation I go through. I reallyreally need a confidence boost but I have tried absolutely every thing out there, I'm only young aswell, I just want to have fun and maybe meet a girl and just be viewed by who I am and not what I look like. But it's especially hard being so ugly and so introverted????

Send pix or it didn't happen
What is about your looks that you don't like? Get a new hairstyle/cut? weight loss? new skin care routine? Better dress sense.
These things can make you more appealing
lol bruh why wouldn't you have confidence?

tbh the only time I can see looks mattering is in a relationship or getting with boys.
your confidence should still be 100% in every other day to say social situation ... once you have confidence you'll probably get a few boys as well.
Share a photograph.
Have you ever seen someone from work outside of work and approached them and said HI, only for them to look at your face and roll their eyes and walk away?? And then the next day you see the same person and they apologise for ignoring you as they didn't recognise you, and they admit they never replied to you because your just not very good looking (this person is very shallow but at the same time a very honest person and we are actually good friends now lol) but just imagine that happening to you! If I was just a hint better looking maybe someone would stop and hold a conversation with me
Reply 16
I always believe that true beauty comes from within. As long as you have a good personality you will find people getting attracted to you. Start conversations with people regarding football matches, celeb gossip or anything random and you will build a circle of friends. And if you really think you don't feel comfortable how you are, do a makeover, such as a trim, a shave, and buy new clothes. Also, to make yourself look presentable, shower everyday, brush your hair neatly and smell good. People will always have negative things to say, but remember, they're simply wasting their breaths on you and are making judgements before even knowing you fully. Hope this helps.
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
Send pix or it didn't happen

Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Share a photograph.

If only I had the confidence too

Do it and I'll do it

Private messaging exists for a reason. We are strangers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending