The Student Room Group

Official ramadan 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees :biggrin: even though I've still got 11 more exams to go
Original post by Axel Johann
You are allowed to do that during Ramadan lol, it's just that it's not recommended.

Basically the logic is:

Ramadan gives you a score multiplier of 700, so instead of just listening to music, you should be reciting the Quran and doing other stuff.

But people who can't be bothered to explain the above just quickly say it's not allowed just to try and get their point across :rolleyes:

Thanks! :yy:
Reply 42
How are you lot gonna revise on empty? Im planning on all nighters, skipping taraweeh unfortunately... :frown:
Original post by mariam687
saudi have reported it, london confirmed

Source please.
its tomorro :smile:

just been told now

Hmm that is odd, it's Tuesday for me.
Are you ready? :smile:

I'm worried about fasting and revising, the exams should be fine. I know some people who aren't fasting because of revision, what is everyone else doing?
Reply 46
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
I'm listening to "The Devil In I" by Slipknot.

Ezpz.

Yay someone on here has good music taste!
Original post by Rhythmical

Some people choose to follow Saudi and their pre-determined calendar instead of doing it the traditional way of actually sighting the moon. Hence most people start on Monday. We wait until after Maghrib for reports from other countries to see if they've sighting the moon. You can see the full reports here:

http://moonsighting.com/1437rmd.html
Reply 49

double check tho, everyones saying its tomorro

That's a nice website. Unfortunately again, it doesn't say that the moon has been sighted. It is impossible for Saudi to see the moon at this time. Thus Ramadan has yet to be confirmed for Monday. Not saying its not on Monday, but countries East of Saudi should see the moon first. Also by saying "this is a legit site" you're implying moonsighting.com is not a legit site. It is a legit site and it has moon sighting teams across the world searching for the moon. If anything isn't legit its Saudi Arabias calendar.
(edited 7 years ago)

Sorry to be stupid but im genuinly curious,
does it move about or something or is there a set day? :redface: im not muslim and i dont get out a lot i apologise but im genuinly interested :redface:
Original post by Someboady
Some people choose to follow Saudi and their pre-determined calendar instead of doing it the traditional way of actually sighting the moon. Hence most people start on Monday. We wait until after Maghrib for reports from other countries to see if they've sighting the moon. You can see the full reports here:

http://moonsighting.com/1437rmd.html

Hmm okay, will do, I'm sure it is Tuesday though.

Odd, mine is confirmed for Tuesday atleast I think it is, haven't heard anything about tomorrow.
Reply 53
What day does it start for ahmadiyyas? :mmm:
Hmm okay, will do, I'm sure it is Tuesday though.

Odd, mine is confirmed for Tuesday.

I'm confused as to how you can be "sure" and how it can be "confirmed" for Tuesday. Again, I'm not saying its not on Tuesday but it is FAR too early to "confirm" or be "sure" of anything. :smile:
That's a nice website. Unfortunately again, it doesn't say that the moon has been sighted. It is impossible for Saudi to see the moon at this time. Thus Ramadan has yet to be confirmed for Monday. Not saying its not on Monday, but countries East of Saudi should see the moon first. Also by saying "this is a legit site" you're implying moonsighting.com is not a legit site. It is a legit site and it has moon sighting teams across the world searching for the moon. If anything isn't legit its Saudi Arabias calendar.

It does, if you scroll down to the first day of Ramadan and go to the June 6th Monday it says Saudi Arabia (officially announced) :dontknow:

Moon was confirmed as it was sighted in Saudia Arabia, UAE, Malaysia and Indonesia. And they showed pictures of the moon. But this is all from Takbeer TV.
I'm confused as to how you can be "sure" and how it can be "confirmed" for Tuesday. Again, I'm not saying its not on Tuesday but it is FAR too early to "confirm" or be "sure" of anything. :smile:

I edited the post, but like I said, I haven't heard anything for Monday, as far as I know, it should begin on Tuesday/Wednesday at the latest.
Original post by bat_man
What day does it start for ahmadiyyas? :mmm:

Cheeky fam.
Original post by aamirac
It does, if you scroll down to the first day of Ramadan and go to the June 6th Monday it says Saudi Arabia (officially announced)

Ah I didn't spot that.
Saudi Arabia:

Seen: MCW member Mr Muhammad H Zulqarnain from Riyadh reported: It is officially announced in Saudi Arabia that based on sighting, the first day of Ramadan is on June 6, 2016 (Monday).

Now we'll have to see if ANY other country has spotted the moon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending