The Student Room Group

A2 G543 psychology OCR predictions.

Anyone have any clue what may come up this year for A2 G544/G543 OCR 😳
Reply 1
My class have been looking at Nature-Nurture but I can feel it in my gut that it will be something obscure. Reductionism and holism I have a strange feeling about but no-one can really know haha and going off the first paper on Monday I feel like it will be something strange haha
The best way of predicting is to look at past papers and what hasn't come up before/in a while.

For example, I do Forensic (TTC, MAC, RAV) and Health & Clinical (Disorders, Stress, HL).

These haven't come up before/in a while (individual points):
False Confessions (Interviewing suspects) - Possible evaluation could be reliability.
Behaviourist (techniques for managing stress) - part b q's are usually on comparisons or effectiveness/appropriateness, maybe methodological.
Cognitive (explanations of disorders) - Part b's will ask you usually about comparisons, specific debates like reductionism.
Minority influence (reaching a verdict subsection) - Will probably be a general evaluation point like usefulness or validity.
Gender (biology in turning to crime) - Similar part b to previous, though you could be asked about other debates like reductionism or determinism.

I cant think of any more off the top of my head. Advice would also be to not stop looking over stuff that has come up recently, as for disorders they assessed the same subsection twice in a row (and last year, for methods of health promotion was same subsection as year before). I'd only not revise for it if you were 99% sure it isn't coming up because it's come up the past 3 occasions or something.
Original post by JArnott
My class have been looking at Nature-Nurture but I can feel it in my gut that it will be something obscure. Reductionism and holism I have a strange feeling about but no-one can really know haha and going off the first paper on Monday I feel like it will be something strange haha

Reductionism came up last year in G544 so I don't expect it to come up this year.

If anyone's doing sport, sport and the individual literally has to come up because there were no questions on it last year
Reply 4
My teachers sat down and predicted for g543 forensic to be biological explanations, making a case profiling/suspects, and witness appeal. And for health they've said adherence, managing stress, and diagnosis of dysfunctional
Reply 5
Does anyone know if we'd still get marks of we answer for example, 3 questions from healthy living, but only one from forensic in G543? I keno it's supposed to be 2 from each topic, but I wasn't sure if the examiner would still be obliged to give marks
Original post by Amybexx
Does anyone know if we'd still get marks of we answer for example, 3 questions from healthy living, but only one from forensic in G543? I keno it's supposed to be 2 from each topic, but I wasn't sure if the examiner would still be obliged to give marks

Sadly, you are unable to do this. On the front page of the paper, there is a note saying 'Answer four questions in total; two questions from two options only.' Then inside the paper, it states 'You must answer two questions from one option and two questions from another option.'

You would be expected to follow the rules regarding the examination as you are asked to read the front of the exam paper at the start of the exam, so you wont get sympathy marks if you have not followed them correctly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending