The Student Room Group

Exam in a few days, but I'm vomiting and can't study? What do I do?

I dunno what's up with me, but I woke up this morning and started vomiting several gulps...and since, I've slept for 6 hours to somewhat alleviate these symptoms. What do I do? Man up?
Drink tea w no milk, eat dry food like bread and biscuits. Sleep
What do you want to do?

You can go to the Drs and get a letter confirming you are ill and unable to sit the exam.

You can then decide whether you want to sit the exam or not.

If you sit the exam and have the Drs note you can apply for special consideration, which might allow for a small increase in your grade.

If you dont sit the exam, but have completed 50% of the exams in the subject you can apply for special consideration and if successful they will give you a grade based on exams completed.

I
Original post by 999tigger
What do you want to do?

You can go to the Drs and get a letter confirming you are ill and unable to sit the exam.

You can then decide whether you want to sit the exam or not.

If you sit the exam and have the Drs note you can apply for special consideration, which might allow for a small increase in your grade.

If you dont sit the exam, but have completed 50% of the exams in the subject you can apply for special consideration and if successful they will give you a grade based on exams completed.

I

Does coursework count? Like for my English exam, done 40%, so not really reached the 50% mark because that is how much the coursework is worth!
Reply 4
Original post by Genialtropism
I dunno what's up with me, but I woke up this morning and started vomiting several gulps...and since, I've slept for 6 hours to somewhat alleviate these symptoms. What do I do? Man up?

Do what you can to help yourself get better quickly.
Don't go to the doctor's unless you really are ill enough to need to see one.
You will almost certainly be OK within 'a few days', i.e. in time for your exam, but if you're still ill the day before then contact your exam officer to ask what the options are - they may well be able to put you in a separate room if you are still being sick.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Compost
Do what you can to help yourself get better quickly.
Don't go to the doctor's unless you really are ill enough to need to see one.
You will almost certainly be OK within 'a few days', i.e. in time for your exam, but if you're still ill the day before then contact your exam officer to ask what the options are - they may well be able to put you in a separate room if you are still being sick.

But I still have alot to study, and I'm not able to, so when it does come to exam time, I don't feel I'll be sufficiently prepared.

Symptoms:
Daiorrea
Nose leaks
Vomiting
Hot temperature
I was gonna say vomit in the exam, but I would recommend drinks with electrolytes (essentially sports drinks).
Original post by Collombia
I was gonna say vomit in the exam, but I would recommend drinks with electrolytes (essentially sports drinks).

Love that, be sick in the exam, that would certainly make an exam to remember!
Original post by LamboOfKnowledge
Love that, be sick in the exam, that would certainly make an exam to remember!

I dunno how to? And if I actually did, I would projectile vomit on my neighbour just out of instinct :L
Original post by Genialtropism
But I still have alot to study, and I'm not able to, so when it does come to exam time, I don't feel I'll be sufficiently prepared.

Symptoms:
Daiorrea
Nose leaks
Vomiting
Hot temperature

Sounds like HIV, sorry,

Jk
Hope u get better for the exam
Original post by LamboOfKnowledge
Sounds like HIV, sorry,

Jk
Hope u get better for the exam