The Student Room Group

Being a former member of a political party causing trouble in my relationship

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BirdIsWord
How did they even find out?
Whats wrong with you having differing political views? Is this not a liberal democracy?

Someone who knows me mentioned it
Reply 41
I seriously cant tell if Lionel is a troll account, I will happily be called a bigot if it means letting you know you are an absolute **** and her parents should hate you. You've openly admitted to being homophobic, you are (ideologically) basically still part of the BNP and assume anything left is Jewish or "a corbyn type", how does your brain work???? There is a reason you have been discriminated against in the work-place and in social situations, youre a 70 year old racist in (I assume) a young mans body. Disagreeing with someones views on a personal level and disagreeing with their views through obvious, universal ethical and moral guidelines are very different.

Roll safe
(edited 7 years ago)
Who do you support now? Is she an ethnic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -Bangs-
I seriously cant tell if Lionel is a troll account, I will happily be called a bigot if it means letting you know you are an absolute **** and her parents should hate you. You've openly admitted to being homophobic, you are (ideologically) basically still part of the BNP and assume anything left is Jewish or "a corbyn type", how does your brain work???? There is a reason you have been discriminated against in the work-place and in social situations, youre a 70 year old racist in (I assume) a young mans body. Disagreeing with someones views on a personal level and disagreeing with their views through obvious, universal ethical and moral guidelines are very different.

Roll safe

I'm not homophobic or a racist , wow how bigoted and uneducated are you if you can't even accept a different viewpoint to your own. I imagine you went to a poly haha.
Original post by Lionel Hutzz
I'm not homophobic or a racist , wow how bigoted and uneducated are you if you can't even accept a different viewpoint to your own. I imagine you went to a poly haha.

Not saying being gay is wrong necessarily but just it should be put back in the closet like it was pre 1990s

Fairly homophobic
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Not saying being gay is wrong necessarily but just it should be put back in the closet like it was pre 1990s

Fairly homophobic

So I don't hate gays I just don't like it being falsely promoted that being gay is normal
Name a BNP policy (not something you've heard via the jewish left wing media) that you believe is wrong

Ahem let me clear my throat cause this is a fckn list honey

Shall we start with the policies on their website that they use "officially"??

Here's a juicy one
"Reach an accord with the Muslim world whereby they will agree to take back their excess population which is currently colonising this country, in exchange for an ironclad guarantee that Britain will never again interfere in the political affairs of the Middle East or try to dictate to any Arab or Muslim country as to what their internal government form should be"
"Muslim world" will agree to take back "their Muslims" colonising the country?? So ISIS can be free to roam the east, yay ok sounds great

"Leave the EU and take back control of our borders" I'm not going to even elaborate on this. You can see where my vote stands.

"Deport bogus asylum seekers" and by bogus you full well know it's basically everyone. They won't classify anyone as genuine knowing their head is stuck too far up their British ass to notice those people have just ran away from the house being bombed but ok

"Phase out GCSEs over a ten-year period" let's make the country full of btec standard children

"Introduce selection at age 14 in order to offer an academic route (similar to grammar schools) or a technical one with parity of esteem" you can't have ambition to improve and subsequently succeed at academics if at 14 you're put in the bricklayer group

"Restore authority to teachers and headteachers" let them spank children if needed, why not. How fckn dodgy jesus

"Reduce council tax by scrapping politically correct council functions and ‘diversity’ schemes" ah yes hail white British people only

"Restore Capital Punishment as an option for judges in extreme cases, such as child killers and terrorists" see where they said "terrorists"? Since its BNP, and for them terrorist is a synonym of Muslim, you just know, really, they mean "let's kill Muslim people legally"

"Put police back on the streets and remove their current political correctness shackles" aka shoot people of colour

I'm not going to continue as I'm already pissed off just reading through their bol*ocks
So I don't hate gays I just don't like it being falsely promoted that being gay is normal

That's all i need lel
Original post by rxns_00
Ahem let me clear my throat cause this is a fckn list honey

Shall we start with the policies on their website that they use "officially"??

Here's a juicy one
"Reach an accord with the Muslim world whereby they will agree to take back their excess population which is currently colonising this country, in exchange for an ironclad guarantee that Britain will never again interfere in the political affairs of the Middle East or try to dictate to any Arab or Muslim country as to what their internal government form should be"
"Muslim world" will agree to take back "their Muslims" colonising the country?? So ISIS can be free to roam the east, yay ok sounds great

"Leave the EU and take back control of our borders" I'm not going to even elaborate on this. You can see where my vote stands.

"Deport bogus asylum seekers" and by bogus you full well know it's basically everyone. They won't classify anyone as genuine knowing their head is stuck too far up their British ass to notice those people have just ran away from the house being bombed but ok

"Phase out GCSEs over a ten-year period" let's make the country full of btec standard children

"Introduce selection at age 14 in order to offer an academic route (similar to grammar schools) or a technical one with parity of esteem" you can't have ambition to improve and subsequently succeed at academics if at 14 you're put in the bricklayer group

"Restore authority to teachers and headteachers" let them spank children if needed, why not. How fckn dodgy jesus

"Reduce council tax by scrapping politically correct council functions and ‘diversity’ schemes" ah yes hail white British people only

"Restore Capital Punishment as an option for judges in extreme cases, such as child killers and terrorists" see where they said "terrorists"? Since its BNP, and for them terrorist is a synonym of Muslim, you just know, really, they mean "let's kill Muslim people legally"

"Put police back on the streets and remove their current political correctness shackles" aka shoot people of colour

I'm not going to continue as I'm already pissed off just reading through their bol*ocks

All very good policies which are in no way bad in my opinion.
All very good policies which are in no way bad in my opinion.

And that's exactly what says so much about you, and why quite frankly, if my daughter ended up with someone with such views, I'd also strongly encourage a break up too :smile:
Being gay in my opinion is just a mental defect however it is not normal and same sex couples should be nowhere near a position of caring for or raising children.

It doesn't bother me particularly just says a lot about them how uneducated they are to support left wing moronic views.

Surely though if they already have abnormal and unnatural sexual attraction they are far more likely to be at risk of being potential paedophiles?

*Talks about how being gay is a mental defect*

*Proceeds to remark upon how GF's parents are uneducated.*

*Wants help on TSR on how to fix it*

Never mind. You can't be helped. There is no fixing this. It seems to me you're more backwards than your girlfriend's parents are.

Also, the accusations you've made about homosexuals somehow being less able to raise children is frankly ridiculous. Your sexual orientation doesn't affect your ability to nurture and love. And calling them paedophiles is a sweeping generalisation. :colonhash:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Findlay6
Was it BNP? EDL? or UKIP? cause that's understandable...

UKIP are nothing like the BNP though. where do you get off making *that* baffling comparison?
I was a BNP member under Griffin's reign yes.

Are her family considered to be "foreign"? As in, not typical white British.

A lot of people hold the assumption that BNP is very racist when in fact it did have some alright policies. If they're not 'into' politics then will take on that assumption about you and just assume you're not a nice person for their daughter to be around.
Explaining to them that you're no longer a member and that you're allowed to have alternate opinions to theirs is okay.
I don't think you need worry.

In time, once your mask slips, your GF will make her own natural selection regardless of her parents concern.

Problem solved!
Original post by Findlay6
Are her family considered to be "foreign"? As in, not typical white British.

A lot of people hold the assumption that BNP is very racist when in fact it did have some alright policies. If they're not 'into' politics then will take on that assumption about you and just assume you're not a nice person for their daughter to be around.
Explaining to them that you're no longer a member and that you're allowed to have alternate opinions to theirs is okay.

Nope protestant White British just like me
Original post by Bizzyqueen
I don't think you need worry.

In time, once your mask slips, your GF will make her own natural selection regardless of her parents concern.

Problem solved!

Unlikely she agrees with a lot of my views but as a teacher it would not be good for her career to openly endorse them. I partly left also as I want to join the police and I know there is a disgraceful law that prevents policemen from being BNP members
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh sorry. I wasn't clear. Anyone can hold whatever view they wants politically. It's when she realises in how little esteem you hold her parents that she may reconsider spending her entire life with you.

Sorry, I didn't make that clearer. :smile:
Original post by Bizzyqueen
Oh sorry. I wasn't clear. Anyone can hold whatever view they wants politically. It's when she realises in how little esteem you hold her parents that she may reconsider spending her entire life with you.

Sorry, I didn't make that clearer. :smile:

Tbf my parents are UKIP voters .
My Dad is a policemen
Mum is a headteacher
Stepdad a dentist

They aren't bothered and fully supported me when I was involved in the BNP. It shouldn't matter to her parents either.
Eh ? Shakespeare fan are we ?

Can't really say fan however we did have to study the text for 2 months as our English gcse literature exam.
So I know this book inside out unwillingly.
As I said, I don't think political views are the issue here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending