The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE History: Nazi Germany Source

image.jpeg
This picture was published in a Nazi children's book. The text reads, "The Jewish nose is crooked at its tip. It looks like the number 6."

How surprising is this source?
I can think of many things to put on the not surprising side, but I can't find anything surprising about it. What does everyone think about it?
Original post by examcalladine
image.jpeg
This picture was published in a Nazi children's book. The text reads, "The Jewish nose is crooked at its tip. It looks like the number 6."

I can think of many things to put on the not surprising side, but I can't find anything surprising about it. What does everyone think about it?

I'm not sure too tbh. That source looks very standard for times in Nazi Germany
Original post by examcalladine
image.jpeg

(Depending on the number of marks it's worth) I don't think you'd say it's surprising :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMG I remember the times when I did Nazi Germany in History during my GCSEs. :biggrin: Fun times, man!:tongue:

Wished I could help but I've forgotten how to answer these questions. Although, they're very simple but like I can't see anything surprising :colonhash:
It's worth 6 marks. And I thought you had to say you're both surprised and not surprised on this sort of question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm, perhaps you only have to mention one side. Thanks for your contributions anyway! And yeah, Nazi Germany sure is fun! I have my exam tomorrow, not feeling it at all! 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hettyshaw
(Depending on the number of marks it's worth) I don't think you'd say it's surprising :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it possible to get full marks with a one sided answer?
Reply 7
Maybe you could explain 2 reason for why it's not surprising to get six marks? Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by krystal16
Is it possible to get full marks with a one sided answer?

If it's asking if the source is surprising, from looking at mark schemes, usually you mainly say one eg yes and then a controversial reason for no, but I did this source in a past paper...not sure what the question was but I'd assume the same, and for this 6 marker I think to get 6 marks you just had to say the context and purpose along with the main points ie what the source is showing (but linking to question!) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Whats surprising is that anti-Semitic ideologies were being taught in Nazi German classes and the class is predominantly Aryan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending