The Student Room Group

As french aqa 2016 essay predictions

Scroll to see replies

http://mfl.jimdo.com/resources/french-as-level/

this is a good website for phrases and stuff.

also could you maybe do those negatives in french, s'il vous plait
Reply 41
Original post by pjkj1998
I'd use
-negative influences/messages e.g. violence/sexism in rap
-incorrect stereotypes leading to exclusion
-distraction from work as can't focus as well with music on

maybe you could talk about the health side as well, e.g. young people listen to music too loud which can damage your ears ??
Original post by emilykelly1998
I guess you could also talk about how people could use the power of music to brainwash young people? But then say that the power of music can be used for good as well and argue that there's less dangers than benefits

okay ive got three main ones:
- les paroles dans la musique (e.g. le rap) encouragent les gens à faire les choses dangereuses et malsaines (boire l'alcool, prendre les drogues, etc.)
- les problèmes dans l'industrie avec le sexisme et le racisme. ce probleme crée une humeure très malsaine, et les jeunes/enfants qui écoutent aux paroles qui reflétent ces idées penseront que cette conduite est acceptable (laver le cerveau des jeunes!)
- le danger physiquement de la musique - écoutant à la musique qui est trop fort (chez soi ou aux concerts) est dangereux pour les oreilles

im sure we can think of some other stuff too!! [edit: looks like people are already on it!)
Maybe there will be a question on whether music is purely to entertain you or whether it is more meaningful than that and enables you to think etc. Just thinking because I think they have had a question similar to that for cinema but not for music!

Ideas for entertainment:
-music is entertaining and makes you want to dance or sing
-music creates a happy atmosphere at parties and concerts
-some people listen to music when they are bored e.g walking home, or whilst they are jogging

Ideas for makes you think:
-music can raise awareness of social problems eg charity concerts like 'la restos du coeur'
-music can remind you of a happy moment in your life, can create memories, help you remember feelings eg wedding songs
-music can help you concentrate and learn eg Beethoven

Hope that helps!
merci beaucoup!!!!!!!!
i also said that music can cause an obsession with celebrity
heya, what do you think they could potentially ask on the family and relationships topic for the essay? Also, are holidays likely to come up or not?
i've got a music essay I got 100% on if anyone wants...? :smile:
Original post by eleanor27
i've got a music essay I got 100% on if anyone wants...? :smile:

yes please!
Original post by faheembutt
yes please!

pre warning that there are a few grammar mistakes but it still did get 35/35 :smile: The red are my teacher's corrections/annotations :smile:
any problems/questions give me a shout
Original post by rideordie
heya, what do you think they could potentially ask on the family and relationships topic for the essay? Also, are holidays likely to come up or not?

I think they could ask something about what makes a good friend or why are friends important. As far as I am aware they've never done one on that.. maybe pros and cons of having a boyfriend\girlfriend or of marriage... they've done divorce and living arrangements already. I reckon holidays could come up but along with music there are limits to what they could ask, they came up quite recently.
pre warning that there are a few grammar mistakes but it still did get 35/35 :smile: The red are my teacher's corrections/annotations :smile:

your teacher ticks so retardedly lol but thanks for the great essay
Original post by anonymous69234
your teacher ticks so retardedly lol but thanks for the great essay

ahaha yeah it's because she marked it on her iPad :smile:

including articles in lists isn't grammatically correct in the French language
does anybody know any arguments against music?? i can't think of any good ones
What could come up for holidays? :/ I'm so nervous for tomorrow !!
Original post by zeinkaram98
does anybody know any arguments against music?? i can't think of any good ones

You could talk about the problems with the underlying meaning of the songs so sexism/racism etc. Also, the lyrics and music videos can give an impression that it's good to drink alcohol/ have sex or smoke weed ?
I literally have no idea haha
The main thing is not to panic...this won't do you any good and will lead to unclear thinking, especially when it comes to the writing section; otherwise you'll get "writers' block". If this does happen, take a deep breath and think about what you are trying to say in English, then try and translate it into French, but not slavishly otherwise your expression in French will become unclear.

As for holidays, it could be about tourism and what are the advantages and disadvantages of it.

Don't worry; remember to try and not panic, and you'll get there! Use the adrenaline to convert your anxiety into confidence, that's what I always say to myself before sitting an exam.

Bon courage!
How did everyone find it?
Original post by limbogen
How did everyone find it?

Harder than last year. Music essay was a life saver though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending