The Student Room Group

6th and 14th June 2016 - AQA GCSE History B *Official Exam Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does anyone know how long to spend on each question? I know its 35 minutes overall on each section, but for the 4, 6 and 10 markers how much time do I spend on each one?😁
Original post by z.oer
Does anyone know how long to spend on each question? I know its 35 minutes overall on each section, but for the 4, 6 and 10 markers how much time do I spend on each one?😁

It's around 5 mins on the 4 markers
10 mins on the sources and then 20 mins on the essay. But any quicker is good so that you have time to check!
Does anyone have any predictions for topic 2,3,4? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else cramming tonight? Do we need to know anything about Marshal Tito in Yugoslavia?
Same, no idea about exam structure either
Oh well.
Original post by pullena097
Is anyone else cramming tonight? Do we need to know anything about Marshal Tito in Yugoslavia?

I really hope not because my book barely mentions it. I think all we need to know is that Yugoslavia got expelled from Cominform in 1948. And despite being communist, ended up accepting Marshall Aid from the West (something that the USSR banned for the Eastern European countries). If this comes out I will be so annoyed haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
This and AQA Eng Lang Unit 1 are the only exams that I am totally confident for. Been getting A*'s in all of my history paper 1 and 2 mocks. I'm doing Germany and the Cold War/Vietnam War tomorrow.. I'm sure we'll all smash it!
Original post by sahil19
This and AQA Eng Lang Unit 1 are the only exams that I am totally confident for. Been getting A*'s in all of my history paper 1 and 2 mocks. I'm doing Germany and the Cold War/Vietnam War tomorrow.. I'm sure we'll all smash it!

Nah, I'm completely the opposite. Shitting it for tomorrow's exam after looking at the past papers :redface:
Original post by surina16
Nah, I'm completely the opposite. Shitting it for tomorrow's exam after looking at the past papers :redface:

I'm sure you'll do fine, you do well in everything else aha!
Reply 29
Anyone else really confused about what happened in Kosovo/Serbia?

I have a feeling that we might get asked to compare Kosovo/Serbia and Iraq/Kuwait in topic 6.
I'm so worried about the exam but feel so confident in my time management. Did a past paper today (units 2,3,4) in 1hr 23
Anyone else bricking it for the exam tomorrow? :cry:

so many random dates, events and statistics to learn :bricks:

100% bricking it. It's not even the dates, I'm worried that I'll freak out and forget everything
Hi :smile:
Paper 1: topics 4, 5 and 6
Paper 2: topics 1, 4 and 7

you? :h:

I'm doing the same topics as you for Paper 1:smile:
Original post by whatevermate
100% bricking it. It's not even the dates, I'm worried that I'll freak out and forget everything

same here:frown:
Original post by Flammae
Anyone else really confused about what happened in Kosovo/Serbia?

I have a feeling that we might get asked to compare Kosovo/Serbia and Iraq/Kuwait in topic 6.

They brought both of those topics up last year though? The Kosovo/Serbia thing is messed up - according to my history teacher, the exam board has provided info which is actually wrong - NATO did most of the work while the UN did **** all apparently... anyways. Fingers crossed it won't come up.

I've attached a sheet about Kuwait and Kosovo on here - hope it helps in some way.
Reply 35
They brought both of those topics up last year though? The Kosovo/Serbia thing is messed up - according to my history teacher, the exam board has provided info which is actually wrong - NATO did most of the work while the UN did **** all apparently... anyways. Fingers crossed it won't come up.

I've attached a sheet about Kuwait and Kosovo on here - hope it helps in some way.

Thank you so much! This is so useful.

Our teacher did not teach us half of this stuff

that Ben Walsh revision guide has literally saved me :lol:
Original post by sahil19
I'm sure you'll do fine, you do well in everything else aha!

Thanks for the support :lol: Doubt it but hope so at the same time :biggrin:
Good luck for the exam tomorrow :h:
Thanks for the support :lol: Doubt it but hope so at the same time :biggrin:
Good luck for the exam tomorrow :h:

Aw thank you! you too! :dance:
I wonder what all the posts will be on this thread in like 14 hours time ahha;hopefully positive!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending