The Student Room Group
Cheers Mate, big up :smile:
Original post by SeanFM

I've added this post to the A Level directory thread, which you can find here let me know if you make or find any more exam threads and I'll add them to the directory
Reply 3
How much work have you guys done for this? I'm retaking it and a little worried i've left it a little late because i've only done 4 papers for it so far :/
Original post by Thomith
How much work have you guys done for this? I'm retaking it and a little worried i've left it a little late because i've only done 4 papers for it so far :/

It is 1 month away, no worries :h: is it your last exam?

If you did well in those past papers then you just need to do more, if not then there is time to revise over things and still do well :borat:
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
It is 1 month away, no worries :h: is it your last exam?

If you did well in those past papers then you just need to do more, if not then there is time to revise over things and still do well :borat:

No, my last exam is C4, and S1 is surrounded by a Chemistry exam the day before and a Biology exam the day after :/.
I did ok, just not amazing (got CCBA in the papers i've done)
I'm just worried because last year i was getting As throughout the year in S1 mocks then in the actual exam i got a D :/, i just don't want that to happen again.
Original post by Thomith
No, my last exam is C4, and S1 is surrounded by a Chemistry exam the day before and a Biology exam the day after :/.
I did ok, just not amazing (got CCBA in the papers i've done)
I'm just worried because last year i was getting As throughout the year in S1 mocks then in the actual exam i got a D :/, i just don't want that to happen again.

Erk, yes. The sciences are awful, they have unit 4's/5's (and maybe 1/2) in the same week for different subjects. :huff:

Okay, so gradually improving :tongue: this time you'll probably do better having done A2, I guess you have to get the practice in now so you can just do a past paper or two after Chemstry as last minute revision.
Reply 7
What mark is usuaIIy 100 UMS?
Reply 8
Original post by Yunique
What mark is usuaIIy 100 UMS?

Usually close to if not full marks i think.

Anyone have any tips for Histograms. For some reason i find them one of the hardest things in S1... :/
Reply 9
I've so accepted that I've failed maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I've so accepted that I've failed maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooo :hide: why? S1 makes up 1/3 of your grade so there is still some chance of impacting what you get.
Original post by SeanFM
Nooo :hide: why? S1 makes up 1/3 of your grade so there is still some chance of impacting what you get.

C1 and C2 went horrendously, and I'm awful at stats. I hope the year below are looking forward to having me in their maths class. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
C1 and C2 went horrendously, and I'm awful at stats. I hope the year below are looking forward to having me in their maths class. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's still 10 days, which is a decent amount of time, to pick things up.

And even if you don't feel confident about C1/C2, it's no reason to give up on S1 - it can go towards your grade next year, and save you from resitting that if it even comes to it.

I would suggest working through the textbook, looking at the example and practicing questions. Use something like examsolutions to help you along the way if needs be, and then do as many past papers as you can, and that should bring you up to speed.
Original post by SeanFM
There's still 10 days, which is a decent amount of time, to pick things up.

And even if you don't feel confident about C1/C2, it's no reason to give up on S1 - it can go towards your grade next year, and save you from resitting that if it even comes to it.

I would suggest working through the textbook, looking at the example and practicing questions. Use something like examsolutions to help you along the way if needs be, and then do as many past papers as you can, and that should bring you up to speed.

I just don't feel like I understand anything - but I'm hoping to find some YouTube videos to get me through! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I just don't feel like I understand anything - but I'm hoping to find some YouTube videos to get me through! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good - it just takes some relearning and some practice.
I've literally done nothing on this. So after the M1 exam I am going to have 7 days to relearn it all and become good at it. :crazy:
Original post by KloppOClock
I've literally done nothing on this. So after the M1 exam I am going to have 7 days to relearn it all and become good at it. :crazy:

Same here! I recommend you do the question by topic on physicsandmathstutor first to get ur topics sorted and then do the pp! Good Luck

Latest

Trending

Trending