The Student Room Group

Tinder

Has anybody else had any awful experiences from Tinder?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LydiaIbbi

Burnt myself lighting a fire once

A few days ago..
Yup alot of thirsty females just looking for sex...No pls
Reply 4

Yes, I wen't on Tinder as a joke ... I gave a guy my snapchat and we started talking but then it started getting a little scary so I tried to delete him and I couldn't for some reason. This guy would not stop sending me snaps.... even though I never opened them ..... The guy kept on sending me snaps every week which I never opened.... So I created a new account
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah, it's a load of crap!
Original post by mero22
Yes, I wen't on Tinder as a joke ... I gave a guy my snapchat and we started talking but then it started getting a little scary so I tried to delete him and I couldn't for some reason. This guy would not stop sending me snaps.... even though I never opened them ..... The guy kept on sending me snaps every week which I never opened.... So I created a new account

Why go on a App where the majority of the time it's used for hoop-ups, and then get scared when someone thinks you are being serious and naturally decides to pursue you?:facepalm:
Reply 7
Original post by Manz too divine
Why go on a App where the majority of the time it's used for hoop-ups, and then get scared when someone thinks you are being serious and naturally decides to pursue you?:facepalm:

lol I know now... Ever since then I have not used the app :smile:
Tinder has honestly changed my life, my experiences have been AWESOME so far. I have met up with 3 girls from Tinder and all were brilliant people. Yes, they were sexual dates but it was very mature and mutual. On all the 'dates' we had a great time hanging out regardless of the sex. In fact, one of the girls I met I didn't even want to have sex with because we had so much in common I was literally falling in love with her :colondollar:
Reply 9
I find that in a lot of cases on Tinder, or at least from my experience, people are more likely to see you just as a 'date' rather than an actual person.

Or, in other cases, will just stop speaking to you one day even after you have met several times. One guy who I was seeing on Tinder for 3 months turned out to still be with his "ex" girlfriend after I did a social media snoop!
The whole concept is blatantly for judging people superficially based on their attractiveness.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hezzlington

A few days ago..

Oooo.
Reply 12
Original post by longshot100
Who actually goes on Tinder to find a meaningful partner, when the whole concept is blatantly for judging people superficially based on their attractiveness?

I know a fair few people who have had long-term relationships after meeting on Tinder. The dynamic of it is obviously superficial but that doesn't mean to say that you can't speak to the person properly afterwards, like any other dating app?

A few days ago..

Everything about that is hilarious. :rofl:
I know a fair few people who have had long-term relationships after meeting on Tinder. The dynamic of it is obviously superficial but that doesn't mean to say that you can't speak to the person properly afterwards, like any other dating app?

That's what I meant, but yeah, I'm not saying you CAN'T find a life partner on it, I'm just saying that it's not exactly where I'd start looking :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by longshot100
That's what I meant, but yeah, I'm not saying you CAN'T find a life partner on it, I'm just saying that it's not exactly where I'd start looking :smile:

That's why I don't think i'll use it... This random guy asked me for pics .... NO.:smile:

It's not superficial, we swipe left or right on people all day in real life. For example, you're a guy at a party considering approaching a group of girls and mentally 'swipe' right on the one you want based on her looks only.
Original post by Lemon Haze
It's not superficial, we swipe left or right on people all day in real life. For example, you're a guy at a party considering approaching a group of girls and mentally 'swipe' right on the one you want based on her looks only.

Liked your comment but thought I should quote too to show how much I agree :lol:.

To be honest, some people may be looking for hookups but will still be down to chill if they see that you're a nice person as well as attractive and not easy to bribe into sleeping with them.
Not got that many matches.

Trying to think of an opening line or a funny/witty bio just to catch somebodies attention is weird as **** to me. Apparently "hello" or "hey" is really boring.

I still find tinder quite addictive though
Not got that many matches.

Trying to think of an opening line or a funny/witty bio just to catch somebodies attention is weird as **** to me. Apparently "hello" or "hey" is really boring.

I still find tinder quite addictive though

Hello or Hey is the worst way to start a convo in any social situation, its very boring and can be awkward.

Quick Reply