The Student Room Group

AQA Media Studies (Double Award)

Does anybody have the 2012 paper, unit 3? I can't seem to find it on the AQA website.
Original post by SmallTown
Does anybody have the 2012 paper, unit 3? I can't seem to find it on the AQA website.

If you go on the AQA website and look at the exemplar material - they have 2012 and 2011 :u:
Reply 2
Original post by realsmilee
If you go on the AQA website and look at the exemplar material - they have 2012 and 2011 :u:

Thanks, just wanted to see what the theme would be for section B. Good luck today :smile:
Thanks, just wanted to see what the theme would be for section B. Good luck today :smile:

Good luck to you too
How did you find it?
Reply 5
Original post by realsmilee
How did you find it?

It was ok, the past papers definitely helped because some of the questions repeated itself! YAY! But most people found it hard so maybe low grade boundaries? The question I was most unsure about was the synergy question :redface:, I just explained about Jurassic Park franchise and the film industry. Wrote about merchandise and how this appeals to the intended target mass audience. Then wrote about Marvel and how they have synergized with other media industries such as new media and hence the creation of 'lego batman video game.' Then expanded on why its effective. Was about to make a huge mistake in the self-regulating question though!! I wrote about ofcom and the BBC but then as I finished I read the question again and I realised it was self-regulating! I crossed it out and asked for more paper and talked about the music industry which is self regulated!!! LOL! I never have time at the end to check my answers. I heavily relied on past papers and wrote about explicit lyrics/racism/misogyny and how young children can listen and then be influenced. Don't know what I think I got because in school, I didn't do like a mock exam or anything so :crossedf:. I just need an A on both the single and double so hopefully I got it. I wrote a lot for the last question as well and tried to include media terms so I should get good marks for that, but the answer were so good on the AQA website so IDK! HBU?
It was ok, the past papers definitely helped because some of the questions repeated itself! YAY! But most people found it hard so maybe low grade boundaries? The question I was most unsure about was the synergy question :redface:, I just explained about Jurassic Park franchise and the film industry. Wrote about merchandise and how this appeals to the intended target mass audience. Then wrote about Marvel and how they have synergized with other media industries such as new media and hence the creation of 'lego batman video game.' Then expanded on why its effective. Was about to make a huge mistake in the self-regulating question though!! I wrote about ofcom and the BBC but then as I finished I read the question again and I realised it was self-regulating! I crossed it out and asked for more paper and talked about the music industry which is self regulated!!! LOL! I never have time at the end to check my answers. I heavily relied on past papers and wrote about explicit lyrics/racism/misogyny and how young children can listen and then be influenced. Don't know what I think I got because in school, I didn't do like a mock exam or anything so :crossedf:. I just need an A on both the single and double so hopefully I got it. I wrote a lot for the last question as well and tried to include media terms so I should get good marks for that, but the answer were so good on the AQA website so IDK! HBU?

Wow your synergy question is right! I definitely got that wrong I talked about a conglomerate.

Rest of the paper was okay, though it was very vague compared to previous papers and never asked an organisation that we have so heavily concentrated on.
I wrote a lot for Q15, not sure of it was right lol
All in all not bad but seen better.

Yeah the ones on AQA are really good and examiners seem quite strict but grade boundaiees last year for an A* was 46/60 so hopefully this year will be lower.
Well done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending