The Student Room Group

Islamic Thread AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathemagicien
Thanks for a thorough and honest answer

Do you think many Jews, Christians and Atheists would convert to Islam, if they were given the Quran to read, and there was less negativity surrounding Islam? Which branch of Islam (Sunni, Shi'a, etc.) would the average agnostic or Christian Westerner prefer, do you think?

I don't know anything, i don't know if i'm going to be alive in 1 hr time.

If i had to take a guess, ''if'' there was less negativity surrounding Islam i assume there would be more converts.
The main misconception that people generally have about Islam is about Womens rights.

A lot of people take comfort in numbers so i'll share one.
Did you know? For every 1 male convert there are 4 females converts into Islam.

Why would women be converting to a Religion which abuses their rights. I believe Women can become CEOs manage businesses do anything or even exceed males in Mental capacity.

What Islam implies is that Allah created Males and Females different, hence the difference in name,sexual organs and so on. So why would there be two different genders in 1 species? They have different roles. Women have qualities which males don't possess and Males have some which females don't. On average Males are stronger than females. Hence why they used to do manual labour. And Women, are better at bringing up Children. Both are capable of doing what the other is doing, but it's easier for the average male or female to do what their made to do.Now in this day and age females due to how history secluded them and opressed them they see doing chores and bringing up children as a weakness.

As a man i would love for me to work for my wife, it would give me the satisfaction of helping my family as a whole. A family is a unit, and each part of unit has different roles.

Thank you for reading this far, don't mind the spelling errors.
Reply 41
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy
X

Is gintama any good?
You're getting the hang of it, anything in the world which wastes your time from your religion is seen as haram by certain Islamic Scholars. I do watch TV, i lied i don't watch TV. I watch movies on Putlocker and what not, i watch Anime, I come on the TSR forum once in a while.

But we need to have balance, it was not mentioned in the Quran that Music is haram, so i try my best to stay away from Kpop, Grime, Pop and all those genres i used to listen to.

I also play games, not an awful lot, but it distracts me so i'm planning to limit it to once every week.

I'm not the best Muslim. But i'm trying to become better.
What do you think of the claims that Prophet Muhammed married Aishah when she was just 6 years old and consummated the marriage when she was just 9 years old?
They can't because it's haraam but that would just counteract each other. For example, if I killed someone (which is also haraam) then straight after I read Qur'an what would be the point. Like I've just ruined people's lives but I can still read the Qur'an and it all be ok? If people used that, nearly all Muslims then would sin openly and constantly like non-believers, ya know. Unless, you repent then you will be forgiven.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Alisha*
Same, I use to listen to music while knowing that its haram:frown:

Nearly all of us did love. We would try to justify it like many people still argue about the hijab :frown: but we are human beings and shaitaan only wants to drag down as many of us he can with him

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the belly button of a man considered an awrah? I came across something like this online. Does this mean it is haram for me to play with my friends belly button?

Ramadan Mubarak.
Original post by Mrs.Grey
Nearly all of us did love. We would try to justify it like many people still argue about the hijab :frown: but we are human beings and shaitan only wants to drag down as many of us he can with him

Posted from TSR Mobile

True:frown:
One question which I really should be asking the thread maker, If you turned haram music into ''halal music'' would that actually be halal?
Original post by EricPiphany
Is the belly button of a man considered an awrah? I came across something like this online. Does this mean it is haram for me to play with my friends belly button?

Ramadan Mubarak.

I think so however I'm not sure. However, why would one play with their friend's belly button in the first place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EricPiphany

Ramadan Mubarak.

ikr. I am curious.
Original post by physicsmaths
ikr. I am curious.

Lololololol.

I was playing with my friends belly button and he said that I should lower my gaze.
I hate when people do this. Why do Muslims do this?

I'm not talking about what Muslims do, it's about what Islam teaches.
I'm talking about ISLAM NOT MUSLIMS.

What other Muslims do is none of my concern, What Islam teaches is my concern. You understand?

Well then I suggest you don't use the "1.6 billion Muslim" card anymore :tongue:
Reply 52
Original post by donner kebab
Your dp is soo haraam!! :colone: *gasp*

https://islamqa.info/en/165186

non-hijabi too! double haraam!

You're not funny.
Original post by eden3
You're not funny.

Neither are you mate
One question which I really should be asking the thread maker, If you turned haram music into ''halal music'' would that actually be halal?

Ok going to butt in again :laugh: and the answer is no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by donner kebab
Neither are you mate

Yeah - except I wasn't trying to be. Sad troll.
Is lamb a phobia?
Original post by eden3
Yeah - except I wasn't trying to be. Sad troll.

right, okay then...

Thats what the nasheed artist Omar Esa does - when i checked with my Masjid/School of thought they said that yes it is now halal music therefore muslims can listen to it :smile:
Reply 59

Ramadan Mubarak

Ramadan Mubarak to you too and I have stopped listening to music and has been for more than a month now Alhamdulillah. It is not as hard as people make it out to be. It is all about determination. Of course that does not mean that I have not heard it as music is everywhere nowadays but I myself have not wanted to or felt the need to listen.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest