The Student Room Group

Official ramadan 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Haha! Bye and ok then, enjoy study leave :biggrin:

It ends on Friday. :frown:
The first day is going to end us all

And I have 13 exams left RIP, including tomorrow.
Have fun kids.
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
I am curious to know why some Muslims are willing to sacrifice listening to music - something that is sinful - during the month of Ramadan, yet throughout the year this is not the case. I understand that Ramadan is a holy month but the hypocrisy of avoiding sin and ensuring one is holy for a period of one month every year is inextricable and incomprehensible.

Not all Muslims think music to be haram, I for example don't. During the month of Ramadan I do reduce the amount I listen to and sometimes I don't listen to it at all. However that is not due to me regarding it a 'sin' but because I want to focus on worship and worship alone. Instead I replace it with things that will be seen as an act of worship, such as listening to the Quran.
I am curious to know why some Muslims are willing to sacrifice listening to music - something that is sinful - during the month of Ramadan, yet throughout the year this is not the case. I understand that Ramadan is a holy month but the hypocrisy of avoiding sin and ensuring one is holy for a period of one month every year is inextricable and incomprehensible.

887470ff44d8262037b788d5e1d17866.jpg

Because they don't view it as a sin but as something that diverts them from the remembrence of God, and as many would like to, in a holy month, focus as much on God they'll stop listening to music. For some muslims, music helps and theyll continue listening
Original post by Anonymous
In the spirit of embracing all cultures, I think we should not only have a Christmas lunch, to celebrate the Christian/Catholic holiday of christmas. We could also embrace a Ramadan lunch, and not just have a christmas lunch at school.

er no because the UK has a history of being a Christian country, it wasn't a Muslim country at any point
Ramadan kareem all muslims and non muslims, i hope all you non-religion people repent to God and stop with all this atheism nonsense
mans gonna buss a quikey before rammadanny styll styll ygm bmt yhyh safe innit allofdatallofdatallofdat
Original post by Rhythmical
It ends on Friday. :frown:

Ah well...
Original post by Axel Johann
You are allowed to do that during Ramadan lol, it's just that it's not recommended.

Basically the logic is:

Ramadan gives you a score multiplier of 700, so instead of just listening to music, you should be reciting the Quran and doing other stuff.

But people who can't be bothered to explain the above just quickly say it's not allowed just to try and get their point across :rolleyes:

Do you think it's alright to listen the recitation of the Quraan as a background for studying or is it not permissible since I won't fully be paying attention to it?
Ramadan Kareem to the Muslim members on this site.
Have a great Ramadan guys. Hope you get the most out of it.
Original post by Anonymous
Do you think it's alright to listen the recitation of the Quraan as a background for studying or is it not permissible since I won't fully be paying attention to it?

You best ask that question on I-SOC, I dunno
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Haha! Bye and ok then, enjoy study leave :biggrin:

khudafiz
Original post by interact
Ramadan kareem all muslims and non muslims, i hope all you non-religion people repent to God and stop with all this atheism nonsense

there was no need to say the 2nd sentence.
Original post by navarre
Ramadan Kareem to the Muslim members on this site.

u too :smile:
Original post by IXxi HIIDA ixXI
mans gonna buss a quikey before rammadanny styll styll ygm bmt yhyh safe innit allofdatallofdatallofdat

im so confused..
Original post by mariam687
khudafiz

allahafiz
ramadan kareem my gs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending